Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jameson Memorial - Can it please become a palm tree interior station?

Originally Posted by Threeofseven View Post (Source)
    Personally I think those stations look the worst (after tourist stations), although I’m sure most people will disagree with me. Personally I love the look of industrial stations.

Hanging chains...dripping water....jets of steam....occasional sparks of power conduits....spilled cargo pods....warnings and flickering neon....

Think...Blade Runner Los Angeles and The Nostromo have a nasty hate f@%k child.

That's what I want Jameson Memorial to look like.

Make it user selectable

Everyone wins

Originally Posted by Hooplah View Post (Source)
    "Then to be ELITE - not just a kill rating on some distant GalCom computer, but a combination of thought, actions, tools, and a way of life in a universe containing both wonders and adversity. Living on the edge of reality, putting it all on the line, again and again, in a lifestyle that is challenging and rewarding. Respect and praise comes to those who make Elite. They become one with the universe, in command of their surroundings, while the universe moves them onward to their ultimate destiny."

Regards
    Reminds me of the Buddhist monk who walked up to a hot dog stand. Vendor says, "what'll it be pal"?

Monk replies, "One with everything."

Originally Posted by Hacker#451563 View Post (Source)
    Hanging chains...dripping water....jets of steam....occasional sparks of power conduits....spilled cargo pods....warnings and flickering neon....

Think...Blade Runner Los Angeles and The Nostromo have a nasty hate f@%k child.

That's what I want Jameson Memorial to look like.
    Sold! Move the decorators and work crews in.

Would be nice if it was a unique starport visually.

I think the most pressing aesthetic issue are the windows. Or should I say, the wallpaper fdevs have pasted on buildings.

ED looks like g police for PS1 sometimes (great game btw).

Jameson need to have a hightech interior.

Or like hacker^ said. At least a bladerunner look.

Originally Posted by Wolfe3 View Post (Source)
    Jameson need to have a hightech interior.

Or like hacker^ said. At least a bladerunner look.
    Great. Then we will have to fluently speak Chinese in the future to order shrimp fried rice from a hovering restaurant in our small cubicle we live miles above the smog.

Still there is no smog in Indiana.

Originally Posted by GJ51 View Post (Source)
    Reminds me of the Buddhist monk who walked up to a hot dog stand. Vendor says, "what'll it be pal"?

Monk replies, "Make me one with everything."
    Fixed it for you. To continue, the hot dog cost $2.50. The monk handed him $3.
    When the monk asked for change, the vendor replied "Change is found within."

Perhaps one of the main reason's the station can offer as many products and available ships is because of the low overhead they have, because they don't remodel. I reminded of my of a time where as a prospected driver was applying for an employment to drive one of my then three tractor trailers I owned. He made a remark to the fact that though my trucks were clean, and like the paint schemes, they didn't have a chromed parts. I simply informed him that chrome may look good, but it doesn't pay the bills.

Nah. Totally bored with grim Bladerunner dystopian scenery. Give me palm trees, fountains and the bright optimistic futures of Syd Mead, Mass Effect, ST:TNG and The Orville over that stuff any day. Likewise I'm also sick of the clichéd "seedy space bar", but that's off topic I guess.

I guess in the Elite-o-verse, some stations will be nicely appointed with award-winning designs, whilst others will be complete dumps. A bit like airports and rail stations in the real world. A memorial station would, I'd assume, be pretty well-kept and ornate, if only to give players a sense of achievement for having got access to it.

Found myself thinking of the exclusive Gentleman's Clubs of St James, London for some reason...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12