Page 5 of 13 First 345679 Last

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Please don't nerf the new mining

Originally Posted by vindelanos View Post (Source)
    I'd offer to wing up and show you, but I'm out exploring the Guardians (thank jesus for the codex).

Keep at it. Switch hot spots if you have to.

...you have multicrew capability by any chance?
    I'll find them eventually but many thanks for the offer.

o7

Originally Posted by xxThe_Dice_manxx View Post (Source)
    I'll find them eventually but many thanks for the offer.

o7
    It's cool if you don't want to hang out. I didn't want to hang out with you anyways.

It should only be nerfed if Robigo is nerfed. That simple.

Originally Posted by Exeider View Post (Source)
    Nerf?!? If anything they need to BUFF sub-surface deposit drops a bit.
    Yes to this.
    Make some of these new high value minerals show up occasionally as sub-surface.

Originally Posted by vindelanos View Post (Source)
    It's cool if you don't want to hang out. I didn't want to hang out with you anyways.
    Haha, I found em

Trick is to stay well away from the centre of the hot spot.

So with the patch, did they actually buff the collector limpets? They seem less suicidal, but still pretty stupid. I think they were dying off at a rate about 25% of yesterday.

I'd really like to see some gems in the surface and subsurface deposits. Otherwise, unless it's for missions, I see no reason to mine those. I like the tools, and classic mining, but the payout is just too low to do for pleasure when cracking asteroids is so fun. I think I'll put guns back on my Krait and take out those snoopy pirates.

Galactic average payouts doesnt need a nerf, but selling Void Opals for 1,6mil cr/t is just stupidly overpriced.

Originally Posted by Henkka77 View Post (Source)
    Galactic average payouts doesnt need a nerf, but selling Void Opals for 1,6mil cr/t is just stupidly overpriced.
    I don't think so, it is quite a bit of faffing to get 70t of opals where as transporting passengers is simple and guaranteed 100mil an hour.

I remember 5mil an hour was crazy money and I earned my first billion at that rate.

Originally Posted by xxThe_Dice_manxx View Post (Source)
    Haha, I found em

Trick is to stay well away from the centre of the hot spot.
    Most people fail to realise that most mining hotspots are between 20 and 40 mega miles in diameter. I usually drop in at the opposite edge to the centre with the hotspot marker in between and just boost in a straight line. Takes 5 minutes at most to find a rock that can be cored usually. Even doing this it takes less than 1 mega mile to fill a 128 ton hold.

Has anyone found an other system with those prices?

I checked a dozen of other systems in investment and the price is a consistant 770K.

Also, the pirate incursion state is not in the filters. Are the prices affected by this state? Or is a bug for this single system ?

770K is more sensible as it puts things in the 40 to 50M/h.

TBH I'm very wary about FDev style nerf. Most likely they'll kill the profession rather than fix the one case of system states interaction causing the
    issue. And we know that once in the ground, a profession can wait 1-2 years to be rebalanced correctly.

Why is everyone calling for a nerf?

You can stick a shield tank cutter in a CZ and earn credits AFK.... YES AFK We're talking BILLIONs while your sunning yourself on a beach, or off down the pub... and people are moaning about a well paid mining gold rush where you had to be present and play the game?

Plenty of things to fix in the game, mining nerf not one of them.

Yeah it doesn't feel like too fast of a payback from my experience so far ... I'd estimate about 60M an hour of dedicated mining gameplay including making potentially long jumps with interdictions to find the best sales price. You could easily make that or more running trade missions in a Boom system.

Well I hope they leave it as it is, successful core mining stills pays less than high value trucking. I'll make around 100 mill in a few hours, boom state high value goods trucking can earn you that in 30 mins.

Just give us XL class ships to purchase, a few billion each to kit out.

14. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #74
    Hello Commanders,

We wanted to address some concerns you may have regarding the high value of one of the new mining commodities, Void Opals.

Changes to the Background Simulation, which came with Beyond – Chapter Four, mean that there are now more elements that impact the value of a commodity than there were previously. In the instance at Viktorenko Holdings, these elements have lined up for a limited time in a way that allow the faction to be able to offer high prices on specific commodities.

To confirm, this does mean that, at this time, we are not planning to reduce the value of Void Opals.

In addition to this, the more motherlodes (containing Void Opals) that Commanders encounter and mine from (in a ring), the rarer they will become, driving an emergent and natural rush that will force intrepid miners into new horizons, seeking lucrative mining hotspots before they deplete. Ultimately, with the new mining changes, this is something we want to celebrate!

As we've mentioned previously, the Background Simulation is continually being monitored and we may still need to apply some further fine tuning to ensure that the Simulation is as interesting and dynamic as we intended when making these changes.

In the meantime, go for gold! Happy holidays!

Originally Posted by Will Flanagan View Post (Source)
    Hello Commanders,

We wanted to address some concerns you may have regarding the high value of one of the new mining commodities, Void Opals.

Changes to the Background Simulation, which came with Beyond – Chapter Four, mean that there are now more elements that impact the value of a commodity than there were previously. In the instance at Viktorenko Holdings, these elements have lined up for a limited time in a way that allow the faction to be able to offer high prices on specific commodities.

To confirm, this does mean that, at this time, we are not planning to reduce the value of Void Opals.

In addition to this, the more motherlodes (containing Void Opals) that Commanders encounter and mine from (in a ring), the rarer they will become, driving an emergent and natural rush that will force intrepid miners into new horizons, seeking lucrative mining hotspots before they deplete. Ultimately, with the new mining changes, this is something we want to celebrate!

As we've mentioned previously, the Background Simulation is continually being monitored and we may still need to apply some further fine tuning to ensure that the Simulation is as interesting and dynamic as we intended when making these changes.

In the meantime, go for gold! Happy holidays!
    I don't understand, sorry. So you are saying the current price is an anomaly, but you won't change it? It will change on it's own. And what do you mean with 'the rarer they become'? Does that mean that there are a finite amount of these motherlodes and once depleted they are gone. If so, I hate that. I am currently out doing something entirely else (desperately trying to collect guardian tech components and epsilon data to finally build the anti xeno krait I imagine). It would suck if the profitability of mining, which is still a factor 2-5 below passenger missions btw, would be a one time thing. I know you explicitly said that you aren't going to touch, but your message sounds like the typical PR talk which usually means the opposite of what you may thing at first, no offence.