View Entry Info: Total Defeat despite 60% lead in Election state

Category:
PC/MAC Bug Reports

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Total Defeat despite 60% lead in Election state

Total Defeat despite 60% lead in Election state

IP Protocol
    IPv4

Date & Time of Occurrence
    14:39 19/12/2018

Frequency

VR?
    None / N/A

Ship/SRV?
    N/A

Ship Type

Commander Name
    Sapphire Horizons

Description
    Whitetip Operations in the Pirigen System has been in Election with the Friends Of Pirigen faction for about four days now. After yesterdays server tick, the counter on the right side says that Whitetip Operations conflict status is in '> Total Defeat' and the opposition is in '> Total Victory':

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DutYNvHW0AIgbZZ.jpg

The catch? Whitetip Operations is currently sitting at a 60% lead over their rival faction meaning that, if anything, they are higher up that the needed 3% lead to win, so I don't get why the state says Total Defeat. The other kicker is that in Election, there are no conflict zones in the system as conflict doesn't help with the Election state so I don't get how this is a 'loss' for Whitetip Operations, screenshot of faction inf differences:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DutYNXsWsAA6HOg.jpg

The Total Defeat has been active for two days now and I'm genuinely confused, if Whitetip Operations loses this Election because of this, I'll be extremely disappointed.

Steps to Reproduce
    1. Minor Factions in Election State
    2. When Minor Faction is winning by a large margin, Conflict Status displays as 'Total Defeat' for them

Additional files?
    Influence Difference:
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DutYNXsWsAA6HOg.jpg

Conflict Status:
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DutYNvHW0AIgbZZ.jpg

Elections are no longer won on the delta between the factions; they are won on a day-by-day basis over the seven day period of the active election state.

There has been an active bug where CMDR actions in coup elections have counted opposite to what they would have previous to the patch (e.g. running a mission for a faction counts against that faction), so if you've been runing lots of missions every day for Whitetip, I'm not surprised you've met with total defeat.

Originally Posted by the100thmonkey View Post (Source)
    Elections are no longer won on the delta between the factions; they are won on a day-by-day basis over the seven day period of the active election state.

There has been an active bug where CMDR actions in coup elections have counted opposite to what they would have previous to the patch (e.g. running a mission for a faction counts against that faction), so if you've been runing lots of missions every day for Whitetip, I'm not surprised you've met with total defeat.
    Okay, the 'over a 7 day period' makes sense.

The negative influence and meeting a total defeat though? That's dumb.

Originally Posted by ARelientOwl View Post (Source)
    Okay, the 'over a 7 day period' makes sense.

The negative influence and meeting a total defeat though? That's dumb.
    It's a bug. A very large bug. A bug that requires a BGS reset to pre-3.3 values, in my opinion.

Originally Posted by the100thmonkey View Post (Source)

Yowza!

If not a reset, at least put it on hold till the bug is resolved.

Originally Posted by Dommarraa View Post (Source)
    If not a reset, at least put it on hold till the bug is resolved.
    Agreed, BGS needs to be put on ice and at the very least, reset back to the 3.3 launch stats to prevent all the loss thats happened.

8. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #8
    Hey ARelientOwl,

Thanks for the report and bringing this to our attention.

I will pass this along internally so that we can investigate.

Take care Commander, fly safe!

Originally Posted by QA-George View Post (Source)
    Hey ARelientOwl,

Thanks for the report and bringing this to our attention.

I will pass this along internally so that we can investigate.

Take care Commander, fly safe!
    Thanks, issue seems to be happening to a whole host of other factions too!

I think Russia is involved!

Originally Posted by VikingSaili View Post (Source)
    I think Russia is involved!

Trump!!!

Update:

Server tick happened today and my faction lost the Election due to this bug, nothing we could really do to prevent it from happening really.

Really disappointed that this has happened and like everyone else has said in this thread and other releated threads, there needs to be some kind of BGS freeze until a fix is due or some kind of rollback once a fix is in place as this is just ridiculous.

13. This is the last staff post in this thread. #13
    Hi all,

We've had some recent fixes to this area applied to the live servers, so could you update us as to whether you see this issue again?