Page 1 of 11 1235 Last
Results 1 to 15 of 157

Thread: You can now link your Xbox account to EDSM.net to log your journeys!

  1. #1
    Deadly Global Moderator stormyuk's Avatar

    You can now link your Xbox account to EDSM.net to log your journeys!

    This is pretty big folks, massive shout out to both EDSM and Frontier who seem to have put the console authentication in place. Hopefully this will allow us to use more third party apps in the future.

    https://www.edsm.net

    Create an account and select the "console updater" in the profile. You will have to authenticate with your Xbox account. You need to make sure the EDSM account is a console one, if its asking for API key it's been set up as a PC account.

    When registering a new account if you don't already have a console account you may be prompted to select a console account and carry out the authentication at that stage. My account was already created.




  2. #2

  3. #3
    Really? I find that hard to believe. I would love to find out the story of how this was made possible.

    As stated by Ulaidian, thanks for making this happen.

  4. #4
    Originally Posted by ick View Post (Source)
    Really? I find that hard to believe. I would love to find out the story of how this was made possible.

    As stated by Ulaidian, thanks for making this happen.
    Why not?

    WN8 works on Xbox WoT.

  5. #5
    Will I be able to register to use both the Xbox and PC accounts, both have the same commander name but different frontier accounts?

  6. #6
    Deadly Global Moderator stormyuk's Avatar
    Originally Posted by UseLessUK View Post (Source)
    Will I be able to register to use both the Xbox and PC accounts, both have the same commander name but different frontier accounts?
    I have had to create two, one console and one PC API there is some link to potentially link accounts but not sure I want to click that. Don't want something to break. Hehehe.

  7. #7
    Just did it, easy enough.. just wait to dock before it updates properly...

  8. #8

  9. #9
    Brilliant!

  10. #10
    Just linked my XBox account!

    Now we just need to expand this to Inara and other similar sites for XBox players

  11. #11
    Originally Posted by stormyuk View Post (Source)
    I have had to create two, one console and one PC API there is some link to potentially link accounts but not sure I want to click that. Don't want something to break. Hehehe.
    You can link your two account easily, but I haven't tested with a console account yet, because we don't have a password for it

  12. #12
    Registered OK.

    I can see a few details in my profile but not much is populated.
    I'm out on a random wander around the Orion-Cygnus Arm.
    Why can't I see my location on the Galaxy Map, relative to other CMDRs?

    Will it eventually include all my route data from when I started Elite, or only from registration on EDSM?

    Cheers!

  13. #13
    Originally Posted by Greyza Badger View Post (Source)
    Registered OK.

    I can see a few details in my profile but not much is populated.
    I'm out on a random wander around the Orion-Cygnus Arm.
    Why can't I see my location on the Galaxy Map, relative to other CMDRs?

    Will it eventually include all my route data from when I started Elite, or only from registration on EDSM?

    Cheers!
    It's only grabbing the information when it is updating.

  14. #14
    Originally Posted by AnthorNet View Post (Source)
    It's only grabbing the information when it is updating.
    OK, thanks for the quick reply

    EDIT: So, I leave the Console Updater running whilst exploring?

  15. #15
    Great news. All you lot need now is the ED market connector to provide that magic link to Inara

Page 1 of 11 1235 Last