Page 5 of 5 First 345

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Doctor Who The Hell Let You Have A Pen And Write This Rubbish?

Originally Posted by Stigbob View Post (Source)
    Definitely, in the new years special I wasn't bothered by the British army commander saying they'd surrounded the enemy whilst they all stood in "exposed blob kill us all now" formation hemmed in between two vehicles on an airfield with all other angles utterly uncovered.

Their trousers being incorrectly pressed and the lack of well trimmed facial hair however was frankly disgusting.
    I think we've worked out how to save the next season.

Lots of chaps hipfiring sterlings in a homoerotic manner while wearing maroon lids.

Originally Posted by Factabulous View Post (Source)
    I like the added diversity, but the writing was poor, and Chibnall doesn't seem to do humour at all - I think it was the xmas one they start off talking about the fun times they've been having - which we don't see.

Never been a fan of the single-episode format they've had since the reboot - no cliffhangers I was kinda hoping that someone who wrote Broadchrurch would bring it back to longer stories / arcs, but all that is happening is we get yanked out of what story there is for personal narrative scenes, and the abrupt changes of pace stand out like a sore thumb. Hopefully having 2019 off will give them time to reflect and come back with some new ideas. But less frogs.
    I'm sure they can bring back arcs quite easily. It didn't help that a lot of the stories for 2018 were written when they thought it would still be Capaldi, and were re-written (possibly in a hurry) for Whittaker. We shall see.

Originally Posted by dannysquid View Post (Source)
    Rosa and Demons of the Punjab are the only episodes that have really stood out as something a bit special for me.

Bring back [insert show runner of choice].

I think the problem is that both Moffat and RTD are genuinely gifted writers (albeit in very different ways) and it's maybe unfair to expect to find somebody else of that calibre/experience who also knows and loves Doctor Who.
    Moffat and RTD are talented writers, as is Chibnall. However, as showrunners, they could all use more practice.

Originally Posted by Jacques d'Orleans View Post (Source)
    IMHO, the next season will be the last one, I really do think they've crossed the rubicon with the last season and that there will be no return from there.
    To be fair, this season has had the highest viewing figures since Classic Who. I wouldn't call that a failure, no matter what you, I nor anyone else in this thread may think.

Originally Posted by Goose4291 View Post (Source)
    I think we've worked out how to save the next season.

Lots of chaps hipfiring sterlings in a homoerotic manner while wearing maroon lids.
    They should bring back Captain Jack Harkness just to flirt outrageously with them.

Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post (Source)
    To be fair, this season has had the highest viewing figures since Classic Who. I wouldn't call that a failure, no matter what you, I nor anyone else in this thread may think.
    Yes, she had the best viewer rating for a Doctor Who debut episode with 10.96 million viewers (total) but then it constantly dropped down to 6.95 million viewers (total) in the new years special.
    Eccleston's debut episode "Rose" had 10.81 million viewers (total) and three of the christmas specials had over 12 million viewers in total.
    So she had slightly more than Eccleston with his debut episode, because most likely the people were curios about the new doctor. TBh, roughly 150.000 more viewers than Eccleston's debut episode is not really that much more after all the hype on Twatter and Tumblr and so on.
    The next season will air in 2020 so they have to pull up some good writing to get some good ratings again and somehow I highly doubt that Chinball is able to do that.

Originally Posted by Stigbob View Post (Source)
    They should bring back Captain Jack Harkness just to flirt outrageously with them.

Never understood why he called himself Captain and wore a RAF coat with Group Captain rank insignia (which is equivalent to a Colonel). And yes bring him back or even better bring Torchwood back.

Originally Posted by Jacques d'Orleans View Post (Source)
    Never understood why he called himself Captain and wore a RAF coat with Group Captain rank insignia (which is equivalent to a Colonel). And yes bring him back or even better bring Torchwood back.
    I might have to upgrade my mancrush to proper fancying him.

Page 5 of 5 First 345