Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Connecting Elite Dangerous Profiles to Forum profiles

Connecting Elite Dangerous Profiles to Forum profiles

A while ago BrettC mentioned that there were plans to add an option to connect ones Forum and ED player accounts, so that the forum name would be the same as in the game and potentially more information that could be displayed (Elite ranks, Faction allegiance etc.).

Are there any news about these plans? Have they been put on ice? Or will they be pursued further in the future? I would love such a feature and IIRC Brett said something about a similar feature already being active in the Planet Coaster subforums, so surely that should be possible for Elite as well?

Double Elite Global Moderator Sir.Tj's Avatar
    We will be changing the forum software later on this year so once that's complete who knows.

Originally Posted by Sir.Tj View Post (Source)
    We will be changing the forum software later on this year so once that's complete who knows.
    Thanks for the reply.

Later this year, though? Wow, that could be Christmas Eve 2019, for all it's worth

But seriously, do you know if it's at least planned anymore? I would love if the forum/game would then also automatically create a mugshot of your ingame holo-me character as an avatar image in the forum (of course you can do this manually right now, but it would lend the whole thing a little more "formality" in my eyes )

My Cmdr name is different from my username here, and I prefer my username here ('Riverside' was already taken in the game). If this link is implemented I hope it will be optional.

I don't have a problem with being able to show that I am an owner of a particular Frontier game or optionally displaying my in-game name (as many already do). It should not be compulsory though, I value my privacy.

5. This is the last staff post in this thread. #5
    As much as i'd like to say "yes, we'll be doing/adding that" - it's not something in our scope at this point in time.