Page 61 of 61 First 57596061

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Competition: Your Fondest Frontier Memory!

Honestly, for me it's been recent. Having enticed two friends (I when gifted the game to one of them to get him to join in) to join me in the black and enjoying every minute of it. And whenever I move idea from the game to play something else, something that they tell me about pulls me straight back in and I get sucked in again.

Actually, I just thought of something else, I play on the Xbox One and have had it pretty much since launch and, to be fair, it had a lot of issues initially (like weird grapgical glitches and stuff) and a lot of crashes, like A LOT. But it is a testament to the game, and how incredibly engrossing it is that every single time the game crashed, I would load it immediately back up because I just had to keep playing.

That was how I knew this game was something special.

Originally Posted by Will Flanagan View Post (Source)
    As you've most likely heard, throughout January we'll be celebrating our 25th anniversary and we want you to celebrate it with us!

Over the last 25 years, there have been amazing moments and moving memories and we want to hear all about them. It's a birthday, so what's a birthday without presents? In sharing your memories with us, you'll be in with the chance to win an awesome set of prizes (see below!)

How to take part:

To take part all you need to do tell us your fondest memory about Frontier games, events or moments on any one of the below social media posts - or here on the forums. So, whether that's a memory of docking for the first time in the very original Elite, releasing your first raptor in Jurassic World Evolution, or hearing Peter Sallis reprising his role in Wallace & Gromit in Project Zoo.

We can't wait to hear them!

ENTER HERE:

> Forum Post (this thread!)
    > Twitter
    > Facebook

Prizes:

Grand Prize

• Jurassic World Evolution (platform of your choice)
    • Planet Coaster (PC)
    • Elite Dangerous Commander Deluxe Edition (platform of your choice)
    • Elite Dangerous Ship Chart
    • Planet Coaster Vinyl
    • Dr. Ian Malcolm Pop Vinyl Figurine
    • HyperX Cloud Alpha Full-Size Headset - Red/Black
    • Corsair Gaming MM300 Extended Anti-Fray Cloth Gaming Mouse Mat - Black
    • Corsair Elgato Stream Deck Mini
    • Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2 GHz QuadCore 8MB Cache Processor

Runner-up Prize (25 runners-up!)

• Game, DLC or an Elite Dangerous Store Item of your choice - 1 per runner-up

Terms and Conditions

• Share (a comment on the provided social links or on this forum post) your fondest Frontier memory
    • One entry per person. Subsequent entries will be discounted.
    • Winners will be picked at random from all entries across the forums, Facebook and Twitter.
    • Competition starts 8th January 2019 and ends 28th January at 16:00 UTC
    • Winners will be announced during a stream on 30th January at 12:00 UTC (www.twitch.tv/frontierdevelopments)
    • Prizes will be distributed in the week beginning 4th February 2019.
    • Objectionable or offensive content will be disqualified.
    • Frontier Developments has the right to remove any entry at their sole discretion
    • Frontier Developments will own the copyright of any text submitted and will have the full rights to use the text in any promotional material or future activity.
    • Frontier Developments employees are excluded from participating in the event.
    • Frontier Developments reserve the right to exchange any prize for a prize of similar value.
    Greetings Commanders from a very old player, my fondest memory was playing the original Elite back in 1985.I was an engineer at a large well known UK company and all of the guys in my office were playing Elite on our Commodore 64s.We had a competition to see who would become Elite first and I played watched by my two young sons for many hours in the evenings. Well I eventually made it and ordered the Elite T shirt which you could get with a code when you became Elite. When it arrived I put it on under my shirt and headed off to work. As we all sat in our tea room discussing where we all were in the game, I stood up with everyone watching me, I ripped my shirt open AKA Superman to reveal the Elite Emblem to the shock of all, great laugh great time.

Greetings Commanders from a very old player, my fondest memory was playing the original Elite back in 1985.I was an engineer at a large well known UK company and all of the guys in my office were playing Elite on our Commodore 64s.We had a competition to see who would become Elite first and I played watched by my two young sons for many hours in the evenings. Well I eventually made it and ordered the Elite T shirt which you could get with a code when you became Elite. When it arrived I put it on under my shirt and headed off to work. As we all sat in our tea room discussing where we all were in the game, I stood up with everyone watching me, I ripped my shirt open AKA Superman to reveal the Elite Emblem to the shock of all, great laugh great time.

I joined this community about a month ago. I was looking for a great new space game and defiantly found it in ED. I was expecting things to be hard at the start, but never had I expected to have trouble to get out of station x.x As I read on the forums tall tales of people who struggled to undock I thought that's impossible.

So for me the best moment is that first time I launched the game realised I am in a space ship in a space station and that I have to pilot it out of it if I want to discover this wonderful new world.

I was so positively surprised even though I did struggle for quite a bit before finally getting the hang of my ship it was a wonderful struggle and it was what I expected of the game of this caliber. Some might find this painful for me this was the real icing on the cake.

Since then I have been here most of the time and I definitely plan on staying for a while longer.

Hello.

I played Elite first time in 1986 on my fathers PC in his office. At the age of 13 I am having lot of fun to carry and trade things from station to station.

In 2016 a friend of mine sends me Elite in Steam as a gift and first I was afraid of all the keys on my keyboard have to use :-D

It takes a long time to configure the settings and learn the handling but every time I played founding new things to handle and have fun.

After I got my first Type 6 I start to explore the universe without engineers and other stuff. A lot of weeks I learned exploring and jump from system to system only one target to bring this passengers safe to Trax-1 and back to the bubble.

I didnt count the numbers of jumps, too much sounds like 5.... 4.... 3.... 2.... 1.... <laugh>

When I bougth Horizon, I realized finaly what awesome kind of gaming Elite Dangerous is.

Now I have more than 3000 playing hours and I am faszinated more then ever.

For the Moment, I am Imperialist and trying to get the Corvette in Federal Areas, making good Rang.

I will thank you, the Frontierguys, for all the new stuff you bring into this game, make it spezial like it is.

Up on the next 25 years, happy Birthday!!!

Michael,
    45 years old german guy

Cmdr. Fety

My last English Lesson in School was in 1990, maybe it is not the real perfect oxford english you know ;-)

Elite Dangerous, Pretty much the only game I play with any regularity.
    Me and my son play on PC and Xbox.

I first played back in the day on BBC Model B with elite loading from tape cassette. Seeing the load new commander screen would be considered a fond memory after a few failed load attempts.
    At least until we upgraded to a 5.25 inch floppy disc drive.

BUT first thargoid interdiction or completing the chase/assassinate mission to get the military beam lasers were my stand out moments.

Keep up the good work, it's amazing how for its come.

I'm disappointed that I missed the start-up of Elite Dangerous.

o7 CMDRs.

Of all the games made by Frontier, Elite Dangerous is the only one I play. And enjoy it so much that have a couple of accounts on xbox and one on PC.

Most memorable was probably the first hyperdiction. With headphones, not knowing they were already happening, it was quite a scare. And worried I had lost my ship when nothing was working.

But on a close second was the first time I killed a Cyclops with a friend. Both new at this, and we were doing well, him on a Corvette, me on a T10, and eventually we killed it, even after we lost comms half way through. And in the end I get hit by a caustic missile (didn't know about the overheating trick to clear the goo), and also without a canopy make my way to the station, landing with seconds to spare. Good times.

Probably the first time i managed to land properly in my early Elite days xD

I remember 1984. Distantly. Through a glass darkly. My father played the game and I watched.
    "We're looking for a place called Raxxla," he whispered to me. "It's like a shadow, like a dream."
    Stars and planets would flow past our living room window, leaving silver trails behind them that would slowly fade. The shapes of wire frame spaceships would drift through my mind as I feel asleep.

We never found Raxxla, it slipped through our fingers. Just as his ghost later slipped through mine. But I know it's out there somewhere and what if he's still looking for it? So I look to the stars, and see the beauty. Did you ever see anything so full of splendor? It must have meaning.

The quest always goes on, it doesn't end with rank and glory. Amongst the stars we both make and find our destiny.

The game has been with me a long time now. It's a life thing really.

My favorite memory was in high school when i found out that my english teacher had been playing elite for over a year on his "commodore 64" and i was 2 galaxies ahead of him, in the original line drawn elite

My absolute fave memory is playing Elite II: Frontier on the Amiga 500 when "deep space" exploration for me meant having to manually map systems using sticky dots and A3 graph paper (once I'd gone off the edge of the hard copy map enclosed in the game box, of course). Pretty much covered the walls of my flat with DIY star charts. Nerd-gasm!