Results 1 to 11 of 11

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Odd popup/download issue?

  1. #1

    Odd popup/download issue?

    Been periodically getting this from the FD forum for the past few days. It tries to download a file...


  2. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #2
    I've been getting those as well. To be honest, I am not sure what's causing it.

  3. #3
    Double Elite Global Moderator Sir.Tj's Avatar
    Originally Posted by Brett C View Post (Source)
    I've been getting those as well. To be honest, I am not sure what's causing it.
    Not my fault....

  4. #4
    In the advanced search page code:

    Code:
    < body onload="initAjax()"><!-- the forum behaves funny if I omit the space between the less-than and "body"… -->
    	<iframe id="yui-history-iframe" src="https://forums-cdn.frontier.co.uk/clientscript/yui/history/assets/blank.html"
       	style="position:absolute;top:0; left:0;width:1px; height:1px;visibility:hidden;"></iframe>
      <input id="yui-history-field" type="hidden" />
    That comes back as binary/octet-stream (an empty file) and triggers a download.

    And while you're in there, https://forums-cdn.frontier.co.uk/cl...earch.js?v=425 and https://forums-cdn.frontier.co.uk/cl...oader.js?v=425 are also served as binary/octet-stream instead of application/javascript.

  5. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #5
    Originally Posted by Shadowdancer View Post (Source)
    In the advanced search page code:

    Code:
     onload="initAjax()">
    	<-- iframe id="yui-history-iframe" src="https://forums-cdn.frontier.co.uk/clientscript/yui/history/assets/blank.html"
       	style="position:absolute;top:0; left:0;width:1px; height:1px;visibility:hidden;">
      <--input id="yui-history-field" type="hidden" />
    That comes back as binary/octet-stream (an empty file) and triggers a download.

    And while you're in there, https://forums-cdn.frontier.co.uk/cl...earch.js?v=425 and https://forums-cdn.frontier.co.uk/cl...oader.js?v=425 are also served as binary/octet-stream instead of application/javascript.
    Hrm... will check S3 on the file type issues.

    A bit confused where the yui-history-iframe is being called however.

  6. #6
    Did I just trigger cross-user scripting?

  7. #7
    Press F5 on this page/thread reproduces the problem for me every time!


    Originally Posted by Shadowdancer View Post (Source)
    In the advanced search page code:

    Code:
    < body onload="initAjax()"><!-- the forum behaves funny if I omit the space between the less-than and "body"… -->
    	<iframe id="yui-history-iframe" src="https://forums-cdn.frontier.co.uk/clientscript/yui/history/assets/blank.html"
       	style="position:absolute;top:0; left:0;width:1px; height:1px;visibility:hidden;"></iframe>
      <input id="yui-history-field" type="hidden" />
    That comes back as binary/octet-stream (an empty file) and triggers a download.

    And while you're in there, https://forums-cdn.frontier.co.uk/cl...earch.js?v=425 and https://forums-cdn.frontier.co.uk/cl...oader.js?v=425 are also served as binary/octet-stream instead of application/javascript.
    I hope your invoice is in the post!

  8. #8
    Originally Posted by NeilF View Post (Source)
    Press F5 on this page/thread reproduces the problem for me every time!
    Brett is too Op and can write HTML in forum posts
    I hope your invoice is in the post!
    I accept bobbleheads and Krügerrand.

  9. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #9
    Originally Posted by Shadowdancer View Post (Source)
    Brett is too Op and can write HTML in forum posts

    I accept bobbleheads and Krügerrand.
    That would be correct.

    Not sure about that bribe though....

  10. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #10
    Going to refresh (in a matter of speaking) the forums CDN.

  11. This is the last staff post in this thread. #11
    Found where i think the template is being called at. Let me know if the issue persists.

    Will work on the mime type issue soon.