Page 2 of 2 First 12
Results 16 to 26 of 26

Thread: Triple Elite in a Sidewinder

  1. #16
    Passenger delivery missions count towards trade.

    Passenger sightseeing missions count towards exploration.

  2. #17
    Well if you have the time!

    I don't fancy Elite combat in a Sidewinder. Although I found for PvP in one once, going with a hard shell and no shields with efficient lasers worked quite well, as they're reasonable cheap to repair. You can then use silent running as your defence.

  3. #18
    Holy moly, that's a project!

    Fly safe!

  4. #19
    Good luck, you're going to need it with that Cmdr name

  5. #20
    Good luck with a Sidwinder. If I was to do triple Elite the Cobra Mk III would seem to the the traditional and historic ship to do it in. In the previous game versions many made Elite long before they had access to other ships. Seems fitting to complete with a Cobra in ED.

  6. #21
    Try this one:

    https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...n-a-Sidewinder

    Amazing feat to do it. Amazing even to try. I could not.

  7. #22
    Borders of isanity are pushed even further. What will be next? Triple Elite with Beagle Point run in an escape pod?

    On more serious note - may the solar winds be at your back, CMDR.

  8. #23
    Borders of insanity broken again:
    Try to do it an a stock sindy (0Crdts Rebuy cost). No engineering permitted also. You can have as many free sindies as you like though

  9. #24
    Originally Posted by neutronium View Post (Source)
    Borders of insanity broken again:
    Try to do it an a stock sindy (0Crdts Rebuy cost). No engineering permitted also. You can have as many free sindies as you like though
    I'm not sure that would be possible. You have to go up against high ranking NPCs in order to progress your combat rank, it won't progress if you duck shoot sidewinders, even if you're in a sidewinder yourself! And I can't remember the last time I saw an Elite sidewinder.

  10. #25
    Originally Posted by Dash View Post (Source)
    I'm not sure that would be possible. You have to go up against high ranking NPCs in order to progress your combat rank, it won't progress if you duck shoot sidewinders, even if you're in a sidewinder yourself! And I can't remember the last time I saw an Elite sidewinder.
    It'd be possible by shooting expert & up NPCs with police assistance in a RES. Not a challenge I would personally be interested in doing. Exploration might be doable in a freewinder now using the FSS to map earthlikes in any agricultural economy. Without a fuel scoop the player would need to stay close to a dock. Trade wouldn't be significantly different with a freewinder, just do data missions.

  11. #26
    Originally Posted by Judz View Post (Source)
    Good luck, you're going to need it with that Cmdr name
    What's wrong with my Cmdr name?

    Originally Posted by Hooplah View Post (Source)
    Good luck with a Sidwinder. If I was to do triple Elite the Cobra Mk III would seem to the the traditional and historic ship to do it in. In the previous game versions many made Elite long before they had access to other ships. Seems fitting to complete with a Cobra in ED.
    That's a great idea. Wish I'd thought of that before I started. Oh well, will maybe try that next time...

    Originally Posted by Das Boot View Post (Source)
    Try this one:

    https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...n-a-Sidewinder

    Amazing feat to do it. Amazing even to try. I could not.
    Amazing indeed. The guy has my full respect.

    Originally Posted by neutronium View Post (Source)
    Borders of insanity broken again:
    Try to do it an a stock sindy (0Crdts Rebuy cost). No engineering permitted also. You can have as many free sindies as you like though
    Not sure that's possible tbh. A stock Sidewinder has a jump range of about 6.7ly, which severely limits where you can actually jump to. Short of vast amounts of jumponium, you wouldn't be able to get out of the starter systems.

Page 2 of 2 First 12