Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thread: How do you decide which planet to scan with the dss?

ok, but for stuff like thargoid bases or guardian stuff there is no indication to find those?

Originally Posted by Roland Deschain View Post (Source)
    ok, but for stuff like thargoid bases or guardian stuff there is no indication to find those?
    FSS scanning a body will tell you whether there's anything to find on it.

Originally Posted by Roland Deschain View Post (Source)
    The FSS scan will tell you if a body has any Guardian or Thargoid signals. In addition, Guardian POIs show up on the contacts list if you're within 1,000 ls.

OK, thank you all for the info!

BTW: WOW the new exploration pays nicely. Just cashed in over 60MIO cr. in on WP2 of the Distant World Expedition.
    This is quite a rewarding feeling

Originally Posted by Raudoc2k1 View Post (Source)
    Thanks I have been looking for that Goldilocks zone cheet sheet for a long time.
    Sadly not much use now, since FSS scanning doesn't give much idea of distance and takes out the cost of flying to bodies, can basically just check for terraformable after scanning now. I think the FSS is better in many ways, but it's made some things less interesting.

How do you pick a good book or movie?
    How do you decide which flavor of ice cream you want?

There is no hard and fast guide to "What's Interesting", other than what interests you.

I'll DSS a planet with an odd orbit, a planet that is red, or yellow, because they are red or yellow.
    I'll DSS a gas giant because it has nicely contrasting rings.
    It's really just whatever happens to catch my attention. There are no stats, no trends, no particular motivators for me.

Page 2 of 2 First 12