Page 2 of 7 First 12346 Last

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Player Mass Lock: Is it's removal intentional??

Originally Posted by Brrokk View Post (Source)
    So is low-wake actually the best escape option?
    At the moment, i would say it is the fastest.

Originally Posted by Zaphod Hawke View Post (Source)
    If you're in open, you've already given consent to PvP.

Lots of us don't care what you do outside of open.

But open is OURS.

ZO
    Tell that to my well curated blocklist

Originally Posted by da_wae View Post (Source)
    Tell that to my well curated blocklist
    I don't know what you think you're winning here.

All you're doing is creating a custom filter that may or may not work.

Kind of like PG and Solo, when it comes right down to it.

Just with more work.

Have fun with that.

ZO

Let's try and avoid this thread turning into an open vs solo slug-fest. Remember it will get locked or moved with the smallest of pretexts - perhaps before any answers to the question can be given. Thanks.

Originally Posted by Zaphod Hawke View Post (Source)
    I don't know what you think you're winning here.

All you're doing is creating a custom filter that may or may not work.

Kind of like PG and Solo, when it comes right down to it.

Just with more work.

Have fun with that.

ZO
    Winning some flawed but functional peace of mind from having to deal with repeat interdictions by people who couldn't mass lock my Corvette (before the bug), me low-waking, getting interdicted again, etc - also station rammers.

I mostly only block people who do something extremely annoying that prevents me from enjoying the game. Random PvP encounters generally do not classify as that (only a subset).

Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post (Source)
    Let's be honest, if there was a major bug with core gameplay that was affecting explorers or other PvE activities it would have been fixed by now (or at least acknowledged).

Fdev's 3 month silence on this game-breaking bug is deafening.
    The BGS has been horribly broken since December 12

Let's be honest, if there was a major bug with core gameplay that was affecting explorers or other PvE activities it would have been fixed by now (or at least acknowledged).
    LOL

No idea what game/devs you're talking about.

Originally Posted by 60mm View Post (Source)
    LOL

No idea what game/devs you're talking about.
    The imaginary, straw man kind.

Fallout 76 anti-griefing mechanic? Lol, that's one way to put it.

So, there was a patch the day before yesterday and the much despised player mass-lock 'bug' still persists... This is a major change that has been allowed to remain in every iteration of 3.3 since the start of beta. I'm now struggling to believe that this is a bug, because usually major gameplay bugs are fixed within a couple of weeks of a release. It has now been around 6 weeks since 3.3 went live, and 12 since beta started. Also, mass lock has never been affected by other gameplay updates before.

Perhaps Fdev saw all the comments Fallout76's anti-griefing mechanic was getting and decided to remove mass-lock as a similar step? I hope not, because mass lock is a vital part of PvP.. if this 'bug'/change remains in place a lot of pvp players will simply walk away from the game (from both outlaw and lawful sides).

The main bug thread has also been locked without any word from staff or mods: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...s-Lock-Anymore

So FDEV please clarify... is this actually a bug? Or is this some misguided, poorly communicated attempt to reduce player killing? What's the deal?

Thanks,
    An exasperated PvPer
    Back to the topic.

A communication from FDev on this matter is needed ASAP.

Let's try and avoid this thread turning into an open vs solo slug-fest. Remember it will get locked or moved with the smallest of pretexts - perhaps before any answers to the question can be given. Thanks.
    You know as well as I do that no answers will be forthcoming on this matter.

The community at large applauds the action because it makes the game easier for them.

They will cheer while yet another small but unique piece of the game dies.

The best you can hope for is a silent patch after the event.

But that is probably a vain hope.

Originally Posted by PeLucheuh View Post (Source)
    Back to the topic.

A communication from FDev on this matter is needed ASAP.
    I'm sure they'll be dispatching multiple teams to address this most pressing and game-breaking issue soon.

13. This is the last staff post in this thread. #28
    So FDEV please clarify... is this actually a bug? Or is this some misguided, poorly communicated attempt to reduce player killing? What's the deal?
    Hello there,

This is not intentional and appears to be a bug. The team are aware and will be investigating a fix for a future patch.

We'd like to thank the community for raising reports regarding this issue, and hope this clears up any confusion.

Originally Posted by da_wae View Post (Source)
    I'm sure they'll be dispatching multiple teams to address this most pressing and game-breaking issue soon.
    And a communication prior to that is highly requested and needed ASAP.

edit :

Originally Posted by Will Flanagan View Post (Source)
    Hello there,

This is not intentional and appears to be a bug. The team are aware and will be investigating a fix for a future patch.

We'd like to thank the community for raising reports regarding this issue, and hope this clears up any confusion.
    Thank you.

Originally Posted by PeLucheuh View Post (Source)
    And a communication prior to that is highly requested and needed ASAP.

edit :

Thank you.
    See? I'm always right