Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Error 404 - IP address changed mid session

Error 404 - IP address changed mid session

Have been getting this lately. I can log in, I can get to the main menu then the messages at the bottom.
    My IP address locally, and publically hasn't changed.

Is it reliably so that you can log in but the game will tell you off on the main menu? If so, you want to check your system proxy settings. In Win10 that's in Network & Internet/Proxy (simply entering "proxy" in the start menu should get you there). Make sure you don't send your web traffic through a 3rd party system.

Hey,

Yes, no matter how many times I restarted the game, I could login on the launcher and get to the main menu; but at that point it says my IP changed. This is the second time this has happened. Both times I just went and did something else for about an hour. Tad annoying.

If it happens again, I'll try to release/flushdns/renew my network and see if that fixes it.

I don't go through a proxy, but I did check anyway, thanks

4. This is the last staff post in this thread. #4
    Hey r0ckhat,

Thats an odd one, is this an error you see during game play? what kind of connection do you use to play?
    If you keep encountering networking issues then please open a ticket and we'll investigate further with you.

CMDR Miu~

I only see it on the main menu; it won't let me into the game at all. I have to shut the game down and come back later. I use a 50mbps LTE connection, and have been doing so since 2014-BETA without issues; this is the first time I've encountered this issue. Very odd.

If it happens again, I will open a tickets.

Thanks.

It's possible your mobile carrier is doing different things to the web connections of the launcher and game communication Good luck with that.

Originally Posted by Shadowdancer View Post (Source)
    It's possible your mobile carrier is doing different things to the web connections of the launcher and game communication Good luck with that.
    Were that the case, one would expect that a search would return results that revolved around a carrier...
    It doesn't.
    This issue appears to center on ED mishandling some perfectly normal NATing behavior on no single identifiable carrier.

The validation of a session cookie is and should be all that's necessary to authenticate a session across a dynamic reroute through a carrier NAT.

Using IP as a means of authentication stopped being a thing during the later part of the previous century.

Might be nice if this was fixed.

I can't express the frustration of being in the middle of cracking a deep core rock, running surface recon mission, or just trying to land or leave a port and suddenly get dropped by the ED server...

I can't even play in Open because my ability to stay connected isn't reliable...
    On both networks I've tried.

This isn't a carrier issue unless bot AT&T and Spectrum/TW both, separately have the same problem... which only ED users appear to be noticing.

AT&T past 24 hours:

https://downdetector.com/status/att

Spectrum past 24 hours:

https://downdetector.com/status/spectrum

Problems on both over the past few days.