Page 2 of 6 First 1234 Last

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Squadron Leaderboards - Season One ends soon!

[rant]
    Is there really nothing more involved, significant and interesting that can be designed and developed for Squadrons than (grind) leader boards? - Am I the only one shaking my head with this sort of stuff getting added?
    [/rant]

I take it that we, as CMDRs, get the trophy and keep it in our stash even if we change squadrons? I'm currently in the DW squadron, which is set to win exploration (not too suprising). But since DW2 is a timed event I'm not sure if I'll stay with that squadron after all is done. Can you confirm that I will keep my trophy after leaving/joining another squadron? Thanks.

Double Elite Global Moderator Robert Maynard's Avatar
    Originally Posted by Winterwalker View Post (Source)
    Not if you divide by hours played too I think, as highest total per player per hour in season, I believe would work.
    Dividing by hours played would leave the trade prize open to the squadron leader of a one member squadron loading up their cutter full of Void Opals before the start of the new quarter then selling them in seconds (and not playing on that CMDR at all for the rest of the quarter) - resulting in a division by a number significantly less than one which could end up multiplying efficiency by a factor of 60 or more.

Hi Will,

It appears that trading (selling cargo) gives points per transaction, rather than for the volume traded or the profit made. For example, selling 100T of Cargo one tonne at a time provides 100x as many points as selling that cargo in one 100T transaction. Are there any plans to change this in Season 2, so that groups which play the system in this way are not rewarded for this type of behaviour?

They do look nice. That's from Beta ofc.

leaderboards are crap. We had no instruction on how the points are calculated and I "suspect" (roftl) there is at least a way to trick che commercial one

EDIT: ninja'd

Originally Posted by texasp8 View Post (Source)

It appears that trading (selling cargo) gives points per transaction, rather than for the volume traded or the profit made. For example, selling 100T of Cargo one tonne at a time provides 100x as many points as selling that cargo in one 100T transaction. Are there any plans to change this in Season 2, so that groups which play the system in this way are not rewarded for this type of behaviour?

I bet all others activities are accounted the same way, so destroying a pirate eagle 100 times and cash in after any kill make more points then killing 100 conda and cash in all together. As long as these issues are not properly addressed the leaderboards are just another poorly implemented mechanics and I have no interest in them.

Originally Posted by Franko7o3 View Post (Source)
    The Leaderboards are a great Idea but only the 500 Squadrons will win them always. So every "Season" the 3 biggest Squadrons will win it. Sounds fair... sounds exciting... not really... What about the Top 10? Or the Top 25? They get anything? Maybe it's worth thinking about this because working in a 2-3 month competition were you never will have a chance to win anything sounds boring for most of the (not 500 Member)-Squadrons. Maybe you can discuss this topic in an internal meeting @Will Flanagan?
    Our squadron have 19 members. We are currently in 2nd position in exploration. On the 1st place is the DW2 squadron. It have 300+ members.

By the way those things looks cool.

Originally Posted by floc View Post (Source)
    leaderboards are crap. We had no instruction on how the points are calculated and I "suspect" (roftl) there is at least a way to trick che commercial one

EDIT: ninja'd

I bet all others activities are accounted the same way, so destroying a pirate eagle 100 times and cash in after any kill make more points then killing 100 conda and cash in all together. As long as these issues are not properly addressed the leaderboards are just another poorly implemented mechanics and I have no interest in them.

I Agree

Originally Posted by Alyssa View Post (Source)
    Our squadron have 19 members. We are currently in 2nd position in exploration. On the 1st place is the DW2 squadron. It have 300+ members.
    You are on Xbox - correct? Xbos seems to have their own leaderboard so you cannot compare to the PC-Main-Base of Users

Originally Posted by Alyssa View Post (Source)

Similarly, the Trade one has been completed by a team of 6-10 Commanders who pretty much slavishly ran Opal void diamonds for the full season.

Originally Posted by Bigmaec View Post (Source)
    I tend to agree, not a fan of this "only top 3 squads win a prize" thing
    The big squads seem to be way on top in this.
    It's not the big squads as much it's the squads willing to game the bugs. The Political category is bugged by trade, each single item sold seems to affect it so little factions are on top because they are working the bug.

Also, there are design flaws in some categories. Powerplay, for example, will always be won by feds because they are one group where as other powers are a group of groups. For ALD we would be up there but our 3 main groups have their own Squadrons (LL, Chapterhouse, and 9th). This isn't the Feds fault mind you, just the design doesn't work with the structure of the different ways we've build our organizations.

Ultimately I think we could have done without this "feature".

12. This is the last staff post in this thread. #27
    Originally Posted by texasp8 View Post (Source)
    Hi Will,

We've passed the feedback on for investigation. Thank you!

@Will Flanagan: What about my Idea about open a topic in your next internal meeting for Decals up to rank 10 / 25? For example Gold, Silver, Bronze, Gray(White).

It would be a lot cooler if squadrons who do well with powerplay get rewarded with control over certain assets in a star system. Also e.g. if a squadron is the best they get existing materials or modules. A leaderboard sounds so game-y.

A squadron promotion system with tangible rewards would be better.

Originally Posted by Franko7o3 View Post (Source)
    You are on Xbox - correct? Xbos seems to have their own leaderboard so you cannot compare to the PC-Main-Base of Users
    Yes, I'm on Xbox. I think the numbers are numbers doesn't matter on what platform. We have few real explorers, but most of us just comleted smaller trips.