Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: PAX East 2019 - Frontier Meet Announcement

1. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #1

PAX East 2019 - Frontier Meet Announcement

Greetings, Commanders!

It's been a while since we last got together at PAX and we've been itching for another opportunity to hang out together! Well, good news! We're back for another amazing Frontier Meet up at PAX East! This is a great chance to come enjoy some food, drinks and have a little fun with the Frontier community! It's going to be a fantastic event and we can't wait to see you there!

Here's everything you need to know about the meet up:

Date: 28 March 2019
    Where: Hard Rock Cafe - Faneuil Hall (Boston USA)
    When: 20:00 - 00:00 (EST)

To join in the fun all you have to do is sign up and request your tickets via our Google Form here.

• When you've done that you just need to sit tight and wait for the community team to respond and confirm your reserved tickets, please note tickets are on a first come, first served basis.
    • The confirmed tickets will come in the form of an Eventbrite invitation and you will need to confirm the Eventbrite invitation in order to attend the event.
    • The tickets will give you all the details of the event.
    • All tickets are free but please be aware that you will need to be over 21 to be allowed into the venue.
    • You can reserve up to two tickets per person.
    • The tickets are for the Frontier Community even only, tickets are not associated with entry to PAX East.

We'll email you as soon as we can once you have filled in the form. If you need more tickets or have any questions please contact us at community@frontier.co.uk with the subject line 'Frontier Community Meet PAX East 2019'. You're also welcome to post any questions you might have in the thread below.

We look forward to seeing many of you there!

Great, I'll be there, oh wait - USA.

Any plans for a UK meet Will.
    I posted this just now, but may not of pressed the right button ?

Flimley

Originally Posted by Flimley View Post (Source)
    Any plans for a UK meet Will.
    I posted this just now, but may not of pressed the right button ?

Flimley
    Horrow for Flimley \o/

Originally Posted by Flimley View Post (Source)
    Are any meetings planned for the UK this year Mr Will ?

Flimley
    Hooray for multiple announcement threads \o/

Originally Posted by Factabulous View Post (Source)
    Horrow for Flimley \o/

Hooray for multiple announcement threads \o/
    It’s not my fault, they made me do it !

Flimley

Originally Posted by optimal_909 View Post (Source)
    Will, at this point it would be great to know whether the community should follow this or any meeting with anticipation of getting any news about the roadmap for Elite. I understand you guys are cautious and I also see why. But leaving everything for speculation can turn toxic too.
    Don't think they've ever announced anything at a community meet* - they're .. community meets. OTOH they may announce something at PAX East, but that's different.

* stands ready to be corrected

Originally Posted by Factabulous View Post (Source)
    Don't think they've ever announced anything at a community meet* - they're .. community meets. OTOH they may announce something at PAX East, but that's different.

* stands ready to be corrected

Not sure it counts as an 'announcemnet', but there were some previews of work-in-progress at Lavecon last year. I don't have time to search for the threads right now though.

I'd be stoked to see you guys at an event somewhere in the UK. Any plans for anything here in the UK guys?

9. This is the last staff post in this thread. #9
    Originally Posted by nickweb View Post (Source)
    I'd be stoked to see you guys at an event somewhere in the UK. Any plans for anything here in the UK guys?
    We have nothing to announce about future event attendance at the moment. That said, as soon as we know which future events we'll be attending, we'll be sure to inform the community!

Ooops this in one day before Brexit ...

Originally Posted by DaSucker View Post (Source)
    What! yo mean they aren't coming back

Originally Posted by DaSucker View Post (Source)
    Hopefully Frontier will announce that they've gone into production of life-size, fully-working spaceships. I'm heading to Colonia.

I had so much fun at this last year! Hopefully looking forward to seeing everyone again! And making new friends!

Originally Posted by Whitehair View Post (Source)
    Not sure it counts as an 'announcemnet', but there were some previews of work-in-progress at Lavecon last year. I don't have time to search for the threads right now though.
    Indeed. And an announcement of an announcement would be great too. Like we knew before Frontier Expo that we should expect something.

Originally Posted by optimal_909 View Post (Source)
    Indeed. And an announcement of an announcement would be great too. Like we knew before Frontier Expo that we should expect something.
    FDev have quite a simple system really:

If they have something to announce : they announce there will be an announcement. Like for the expo.

If they have nothing ready to announce : they don't announce that they have an announcement. Like for Pax East.

Simples

Page 1 of 3 123 Last