Page 2 of 2 First 12

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Submit Your Challenges for Livestreams!

1. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #16
    Good stuff so far! Some of these are going to be very difficult

We ideally want to be able to complete (or fail) the challenge within the hour of the stream, so keep that in mind too!

Originally Posted by Lora Craft69 View Post (Source)
    A challenge: Last Dino standing.

Build a giant Octagon on Nublar, place eight Hammond Creation Lab's on the eight sides.
    Incubate the following Dinosaurs:
    • Tyrannosaurus Rex
    • Indominus rex
    • Indoraptor
    • Giganotosaurus
    • Iguanodon
    • Carcharodontosaurus
    • Spinosaurus
    • Stegoceratops

Try to adjust the genes so that all species have about the same strength.
    Release them at about the same time and may the best Dino win.
    Alas, Iguanodon will not work in this list. I'm pretty sure that Iguanodon goes belly up against any large carnivore like T-Rex, I-Rex, Spino, Giga, Carcharo, etc. Perhaps you could substitute it for a spinoraptor...? or something cooler...?

Jurassic World Evolution Moderator Global Moderator Lora Craft69's Avatar
    Originally Posted by jsi7iv View Post (Source)
    Alas, Iguanodon will not work in this list. I'm pretty sure that Iguanodon goes belly up against any large carnivore like T-Rex, I-Rex, Spino, Giga, Carcharo, etc. Perhaps you could substitute it for a spinoraptor...? or something cooler...?
    That's why I added "Try to adjust the genes so that all species have about the same strength.".

Sorry, what I am trying to say is: Iguanodon doesn't fight back against large carnivores. It simply dies against the "big girls" just like all hadrosaurs do. (I'm about 92.5% positive). Because it simply dies like a struthi against anything large, that is why I was suggesting switching it out with something else.

Here is a quote from the JWE wiki:
    It is unique amongst the non-armored and non-ceratopsian dinosaurs in that is can fight back against some carnivores. When confronted with medium-sized carnivores such as Carnotaurus or Allosaurus, Iguanodon will stand its ground and fight back by smacking with its forelimbs and stabbing with its thumb spikes. If victorious against a larger aggressor, the Iguanodon will dispatch it by stabbing it in the gut and throat with both spikes in a "bear hug"; whereas smaller predators such as Velociraptor and Dilophosaurus are killed during their attempt at a pounce via an audibly bone cracking kick to their chest. Iguanodon however, will still run from and can be hunted by the Indoraptor and large carnivores such as Tyrannosaurus. It can also still be poisoned by a bite from a Troodon.
    And here is a link to some random youtube video showing how the Iguanodon fares against a Rex.

Not trying to be rude, just saying I don't think it will work like the awesome battle royal with that particular dinosaur. Not without a change in the lineup. (though the iguanodon may still be in second place because it won't be "hunted" for food until something is hungry, and since they'll all be fighting each other, it has a good chance to go unnoticed.)

You're right, changed the Iguanodon to Ankylosaurus.

Get a 5 Star rating...with only Struthiomimus.

Let's have a round of applause for Steggs!

Originally Posted by Treizebook View Post (Source)
    Yeah that was pretty good.
    Didn't expect that.

9. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #24
    Obviously it was my utterly compelling and not at all sarcastic commentary that inspired him to make it through.

How about making a 5 star park with a star dinosaur.

Basically, reach 5 stars from medium or higher difficulty and have a dinosaur with 1000 star points in your park And it could be any dinosaur you would like. Triceratops to indominus rex!

11. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #26
    Originally Posted by Treizebook View Post (Source)
    Why thank you! Great challenge

We'll be doing another challenge stream on 28 February, so feel free to throw us some more!

Hi!
    Recently watched the stream recording (couldn't see it live) and was very happy to see you choose one of my suggestions.

It is possible, but it took me +300 Struthis and I "cheated" (unlimited money, power, feeders and dinosaur lifespans, no disease, failed incubations nor social/population requirements and difficulty set on easy...I believe that's not "cheating" because it's sandbox). I guess you could have done it with less animals, using those DLC genes...but it's still definitely not a 30 minutes project.

I'll try to be more sensible with my next suggestions

13. This is the last staff post in this thread. #28
    Originally Posted by JoaquinZaba View Post (Source)
    Hi!
    Recently watched the stream recording (couldn't see it live) and was very happy to see you choose one of my suggestions.

It is possible, but it took me +300 Struthis and I "cheated" (unlimited money, power, feeders and dinosaur lifespans, no disease, failed incubations nor social/population requirements and difficulty set on easy...I believe that's not "cheating" because it's sandbox). I guess you could have done it with less animals, using those DLC genes...but it's still definitely not a 30 minutes project.

I'll try to be more sensible with my next suggestions
    Haha! Very nice, and good to know. That's less Struthi's than I thought you'd need

JURASSIC WORLD EVOLUTION PICTIONARY!

A game for two players

1. Player A closes his/her eyes.
    2. Player B starts incubating a dinosaur in a Hammond Creation Lab.
    3. Player B starts drawing said dinosaur with path, fence and terrain tools.
    4. After Player B has started, Player A opens his/her eyes and tries to guess which dinosaur is incubating based on Player B's drawing before incubation finish.
    5. Alternate who's drawing and who's guessing

A hint: larger dinosaurs take longer to incubate

Page 2 of 2 First 12