Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread: Pitch your game.

Pitch your game.

Had an idea for a game?

Pitch it to the forum and see if you have a winner!

Of course I'm going to pitch mine first so here goes.

Simulation

Set in WW2 (if success expand to other theatres of war)

B17 Bomber crew.(if success expand to other vehicles)

Missions as happened in recorded history in full scale maps with approximate locations and defences.

You can play any member of the crew in the mission but only one ,VR and multiplayer compatible.

If you are killed your game ends your crew slot will remain empty unless vital then another crew member must take that spot. if

You may play in real time or use the time compression function (8 hour missions might be a tad long)

First person view only.

Levels of simulation can be adjusted to suite your skill level in your chosen crew slot.

Unfilled crew slots will be taken by AI.

So I see it working like so.. there will be a lobby with available crew slots in games about to start or you may start your own game.
    All info about the mission you are joining /starting can be seen in the lobby.
    Once you have joined/started a game and have enough crew you begin at the runway and take off make way to target drop ordinance and go back home.
    Of course you will have to make your way through enemy defences which would be placed as accurately as possible.

Damage to the plane will be accurately portrayed as much as possible as well as to the crew.

Duties such as first aid, putting out fires and repairs will be possible.

Bailing out will save you but end your game.

Severely injured crew may be bailed out to try to save them.

If the game where to become successful imagine taking mission such as the dam busters in a lancaster.
    Or a tiger tank at the battle of the bulge.
    Or a mosquito doing a recon mission in France?
    B52 in Vietnam?

Of course positions like navigator or radio operator will not be popular positions but that is where the ai players step in.

Yes/no?

Let's hear your pitch?

There too many WW2 games set in germany. I want a new one based in the pacific war similar to battlestations pacific but newer and better

Originally Posted by Captain Thea Kreutzer View Post (Source)
    There too many WW2 games set in germany. I want a new one based in the pacific war similar to battlestations pacific but newer and better
    You just describer B-17, and B-17 2: The Mighty 8th if it had multiplayer.

You might want to try WW2 Online. This ticks.many of your criteria also.

I had this idea, which I wanted to turn into a story, but it might just as well make a game.

You're a lone wanderer among the stars, a member of an ancient alien race of people who don't age which one day decided that it is bored with doing civilization and so they took off and went exploring the universe.
    You stumble upon Earth of near future, being under attack of another alien race of sufficiently bug-like and evil nature ()

You decide to join in on the fight and team up with humans.
    Your ship is formidable (light cruiser grade armament and a couple of small fighter ships) but it is just one ship. Capable of defeating the baddies' ships 1v1 without a problem, but not much more without the risk of being badly damaged or downright stranded on Earth if anything goes wrong.

As for the gamey part, I imagine several layers of gameplay.
    Layer 1 - XCOM-like tactical combat, your team consisting of you (appropriately high-tech armour with several gadgets like shielding, autocannon, cloaking, the ability to call in an airstrike of your fighters,...) and a team of human volunteers, each with their own skills and use. Main goal - infiltrate and destroy nests (motherships) all around the globe
    Layer 2 - arcade flight sim where you are gaining the air superiority in regions where mothership was destroyed.
    Layer 3 - TBS/RTS where you coordinate armies of different nations and fight the ground war with the possibility of bringing in the ship for a decisive strike, preparing Layer 1 and 2 missions, gather resources, etc.

All of that rather story-driven.

*shruggs* Nothing really groundbreaking, gameplay-wise, I know. But I'd play that.

A management and society sim kinda like Anno crossed with Crusader Kings, but centered on a generation ship travelling to another star system. You are tasked with running the ship over many lifetimes, doing things like resource allocation, repair, disaster response, managing crew, etc. It would be heavy in the politics like Crusader Kings, where you have to manage all the messy business of managing a society in a confined space while keeping the ship running.

I dunno...it would be interesting, but I am not sure of the actual game play.

Originally Posted by Jenner View Post (Source)
    A management and society sim kinda like Anno crossed with Crusader Kings, but centered on a generation ship travelling to another star system. You are tasked with running the ship over many lifetimes, doing things like resource allocation, repair, disaster response, managing crew, etc. It would be heavy in the politics like Crusader Kings, where you have to manage all the messy business of managing a society in a confined space while keeping the ship running.

This is a good one, I'd play it.

Originally Posted by Goose4291 View Post (Source)
    You just describer B-17, and B-17 2: The Mighty 8th if it had multiplayer.

You might want to try WW2 Online. This ticks.many of your criteria also.
    The games you mention are ancient , the mighty 8th was decent as I recall.

Gameplay could be anything between CYOA / Reigns to grand strategy with the sectors of the ship as map and different factions and advisors (Alpha Centauri, but still on the ship).

If cryogenics is a thing, have both the active crew and the frozen one to manage, this second group obviously not being aware of what is going on and can be recruited by any party.
    The way you win a sector is by taking control of the specific air lock control room, of which there are more than would be thought necessary.

Hm, is hijacking another's idea okay or should I contemplate a good game on my own ? If I have something worthwhile, I will get back to you.

Why . Any thing posted is owned by Frontier. They then cant use it anyway. Its 2019 the webs been around for over 20 year. Still don't get why everyone thinks they are only person that can go around telling other people what to do. Also people with ideas cant put them into production. People who can produce ie have money / technical ability don't have the ideas. Weird.

Such as

Originally Posted by starman View Post (Source)
    Why . Any thing posted is owned by Frontier. They then cant use it anyway. Its 2019 the webs been around for over 20 year. Still don't get why everyone thinks they are only person that can go around telling other people what to do. Also people with ideas cant put them into production. People who can produce ie have money / technical ability don't have the ideas. Weird.
    What's weird about it? It's fun to toss ideas around. I think you're taking this a bit too seriously.

Such as
    Yeah, I'd seen that one before. It's not *quite* what I had in mind, but it's an interesting space game to be sure. I should probably check it out again, as the last time I saw it it was just at release. I'm sure it's matured a bit since then.

What's weird about it? It's fun to toss ideas around. I think you're taking this a bit too seriously.

Yeah, I'd seen that one before. It's not *quite* what I had in mind, but it's an interesting space game to be sure. I should probably check it out again, as the last time I saw it it was just at release. I'm sure it's matured a bit since then.
    Ideas cant be copyrighted. If someone has a good idea they better keep it too themselves or develop it patent it.

There are some people Ive met them who like asking for stuff simply because it not available. If it was they would want something else.

My education was based on solitary work rather than group work.

Double Elite Global Moderator Sir.Tj's Avatar
    Ideas cant be copyrighted. If someone has a good idea they better keep it too themselves or develop it patent it. 'Taking it seriously' you mean like how the mods operate on this forum.
    If i was taken seriously I would be highly insulted.

Originally Posted by Sir.Tj View Post (Source)
    If i was taken seriously....
    Hahahahahahhahahaahaahahaaaaaahaahahahahahaaaahahhahhhahaaaaaaaahhahaahaah (pause for breath) hahahahahaahahhhaaaaahhahahahahahaaaahhaaahaha

Ideas cant be copyrighted. If someone has a good idea they better keep it too themselves or develop it patent it. 'Taking it seriously' you mean like how the mods operate on this forum.
    To be fair, the ideas discussed here are not yet enough to be in any way copyrighted or patented. Discussing things can inspire you to think more about a certain aspect or even something completely different unexpected. Unless we start writing a complete and detailed book together in this thread, I don't see an issue.
    Also, several times I noticed that ideas I thought I came up with were already a "thing" (mostly when I was a lot younger, but still).

Page 1 of 3 123 Last