Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: How Small Dinosaurs could be implemented in JWE.

How Small Dinosaurs could be implemented in JWE.

So, I've been spending a lot of time coming up with ideas for how small dinosaurs could be implemented into the game.

So, basically, how it works, is that small dinosaurs get their own enclosure similar to the pre-designed enclosures from Zoo Tycoon 2013. They come in three forms:

1. Forest- More foliage, less grass
    2. Grassland- More grass, less foliage
    3. Mixed environment- Even mix of foliage and grassland

Small dinosaurs are not locked to a specific enclosure, they just need the proper one if you want them to stay comfortable. If they become uncomfortable, they become more susceptible to disease.

Other implementations of these small dinosaur enclosures:

1. They have an on-site Park ranger that we control in third-person that we can also give orders to. Small dinosaurs are still susceptible to disease, hunger, and thirst.

2. Guests will walk up and visit the enclosure. The enclosures have max dinosaur visibility.

3. The enclosures can be damaged due to storms. Small Dinosaurs cannot escape, but when damaged there is an increased likelihood of them contracting an illness.

4. The enclosures will have pre-designated spots to lay down water troughs, and food troughs. They still need to be refilled like other feeders, but can have the infinite feeder option in Sandbox.

5. As for their size, small dinosaur enclosures would be larger than a substation, and smaller than a large substation.

As for what dinosaurs can go into these enclosures:

* Coelurus - carnivore
    * Compsognathus - carnivore
    * Dromaeosaurus - carnivore
    * Homalocephale - herbivore
    * Hypsilophodon - herbivore
    * Lesothosaurus - herbivore
    * Microceratus - herbivore
    * Nanosaurus - herbivore [Note: formerly known as Othnelia, Drinker, or Othnielosaurus, they were all synonymized with Nanosaurus by Galton and Carpenter in 2018)
    * Ornitholestes - carnivore
    * Proceratosaurus - carnivore
    * Procompsognathus - carnivore
    * Protoceratops - herbivore
    * Segisaurus - carnivore
    * Stegoceras - herbivore

That gives us seven carnivores and seven herbivores. Like the other dinosaurs, they can be individually selected, named, view their stats, etc. Herbivores can mix with other herbivores, but the carnivores need separate pens.

It would be more fun if they got out tho. how'd you round them up? I saw a suggestion for bait for small carnivores with a net on top.

This here is my ideas...
    https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...or-Adding-Them

You should probably put this in the suggestions area... not sure if you should put those into the thread I started or if you should make your own... I made it mostly with my ideas in mind, not for everyone...

Also, a lot of the animals on your list would likely work as normal animals...

Small dino is what JWE need at the moment it will be a great things if they had it on the game. WE just have to pray a Guess

Originally Posted by ragnar777 View Post (Source)
    Small dino is what JWE need at the moment it will be a great things if they had it on the game. WE just have to pray a Guess
    Small dinosaurs are the LEAST thing this game needs right now...

Originally Posted by MarcWP View Post (Source)
    Small dinosaurs are the LEAST thing this game needs right now...
    And what do you want the most

Originally Posted by ragnar777 View Post (Source)
    And what do you want the most
    AI improvement and clipping fixes.

Then def more decorations and buildings.

Better ways to snap buildings to grids, so the park is alligned.

Original JP skins would also be nice.

New dinosaurs would be the last thing. We have so many already. Make the game better before that.

I'm fairly certain Troodons were introduced to fill in the "small carnivore" niche and that we won't see anything smaller than that. It would be nice to see compys for example, but I don't consider it a priority right now.

Game needs Compys. They are in both books, its kinda criminal not to include them.

Originally Posted by Flint2025 View Post (Source)
    Game needs Compys. They are in both books, its kinda criminal not to include them.
    Why is it criminal? The game is not based on the books. Then we would have raptors that can change color and a camoflauge Carno... Unfortunately it's based on the Jurassic World movies, like the name implies.

'cause Compys are cool.
    Much cooler that indoraptor & indominus, so...

Originally Posted by Vjar56 View Post (Source)
    'cause Compys are cool.
    Much cooler that indoraptor & indominus, so...
    Yes I totally agree... But they don't fit the gameplay and the game is Jurassic World, not Jurassic Park.

Yes I totally agree... But they don't fit the gameplay and the game is Jurassic World, not Jurassic Park.
    One of my jeep skin's still says Jurassic Park. As does almost all of the unlockable locations and characters in their database show Jurassic Park and The Lost World. I haven't seen a spinosaurus in a jurassic world movie yet....but it's in there. It's like the argument over raptor skins.....when they dont have jw skins either. Most of the dinos in this game have no combat functions at all. So how would a compy not fit? You should be able to add them into any paddock without it increasing the population. They should be background noise, a part of the atmosphere. The perk for them being in a paddock would be they prevent disease by eating corpses or meat from a feeder that has gone bad. Have them lower diseases by 60% for paddocks they're in.

Why is it criminal? The game is not based on the books. Then we would have raptors that can change color and a camoflauge Carno... Unfortunately it's based on the Jurassic World movies, like the name implies.
    Maybe if we ask we will get that too. All they have to do is add the camo gene to raptors and carnos. Put the code from the indominus onto their models. I aint an expert but it seems like it could be a simple copy and paste. Im basing that off pc gamers adding past characters and entrances from an older wrestling game into a new one. Im pretty sure they just copied and pasted the old code into the game. But i could be wrong about that lol.

That is a terrible argument. Compsognathus has been in three of the five movies so far. And Jurassic World is not a separate franchise from Jurassic Park.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last