Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Three Monitor Support

Three Monitor Support

Is there any chance the issue with distortion on the side monitors in a 3 screen setup will be addressed. X-Plane, iRacing and others seem to be able to support 3 screens with out this much distortion so it is obviously more WANT TO than CAN.

It would be a great New Year RESOLUTION.

2. This is the last staff post in this thread. #2
    Hello, could you let me know what kind of distortion you are seeing while playing the game, please? Maybe you can contact us at https://support.frontier.co.uk/topic.php and show us some photos of it?
    If you can include your Dxdiag report to us that will be very helpful as well

Originally Posted by Support Naro View Post (Source)
    Hello, could you let me know what kind of distortion you are seeing while playing the game, please? Maybe you can contact us at https://support.frontier.co.uk/topic.php and show us some photos of it?
    If you can include your Dxdiag report to us that will be very helpful as well
    I'm pretty sure he was talking about the weird angle of what you see in the configuration : 5760x1080 or rather 1 big screen in 3 monitors ( distortion caused by the resolution. No dxdiag needed for this. It is no a graphical adapter problem or old drivers )
    The solucion for the problem is : each monitor works indipendently from others. When I press 1 for the navigation menu the left monitor show the tabs, when I press 4 the right monitor show the tabs and I am who move the head left / right and not the game ( showing all menus always on the center monitor )

I'm pretty sure is this the problem

In attach the 3 monitos how we see ( really bad of course )
    Name:  EliteDangerous64 2017-02-21 15-48-36-116.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  78.1 KB
    Click for full resolution

Best regards

The issue is surely that E D only produces / provides one "window" - there are no left and right view windows to apply to triple monitors, as in simulators etc.

I don't know why F D accepted / adopted the single-window view restriction, this also is reflected in the inability to port / detach the UI panels to secondary monitors.

I doubt they will give other "windows" and can't think how they would overcome the fish-eye distortion that this thread complains about.

Originally Posted by Para Handy View Post (Source)
    I doubt they will give other "windows" and can't think how they would overcome the fish-eye distortion that this thread complains about.
    It's a result of the projection process used to produce 3D images on a "screen". It's probably possible to apply a transformation to correct it. I'm no longer up to date on graphics coding. That would probably be a base change to the Cobra engine though.