Page 7 of 12 First 35678911 Last

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Distant Worlds Resource Initiative (Mining)

And it has 11 tiers, so if FD doesnt break the servers for good, we all can still take part

Originally Posted by avow555 View Post (Source)
    Heard there was 500+ signed up over on discord and reached t5.
    Haven't had a chance to check in game yet, but even if so the total is at 145953 T out of a top tier target of 3000000 T, so not even 5% of the way to the top yet! Should at least last the weekend he said, hopefully

Edit: Total shown on https://elitedangerous.com/community/goals/ - I'm not just making it up

If anyone is still having issues loading the mission board (or UC), you may want to try 'ridiculous patience'. The first few times I tried the UC (a few days agp), it spun at me for a few minutes unitl I gave up and closed the game. When I finally gave in, clicked on UC and went to make coffee, when I came back 10 minutes later I was in. The same thing worked for the mission board last night - selected it and walked away, got a snack, tidied up a bit, then joined both CGs. I've no idea how long it took. Maybe it just doesn't like being watched?

Progress: Tier 6/11 Contributors: 631...
    A few more got in...

Originally Posted by Ethaidan View Post (Source)
    If anyone is still having issues loading the mission board (or UC), you may want to try 'ridiculous patience'. The first few times I tried the UC (a few days agp), it spun at me for a few minutes unitl I gave up and closed the game. When I finally gave in, clicked on UC and went to make coffee, when I came back 10 minutes later I was in. The same thing worked for the mission board last night - selected it and walked away, got a snack, tidied up a bit, then joined both CGs. I've no idea how long it took. Maybe it just doesn't like being watched?
    I've tried Open, Solo, 4 PG's still same thing, it's been like this for around 20 hours now can't they reset the servers or something?

Originally Posted by Flyinspaghetti View Post (Source)
    I've tried Open, Solo, 4 PG's still same thing, it's been like this for around 20 hours now can't they reset the servers or something?
    Different modes won't help these days as the mission server is common to all now. The issue looks to be specific to this station (Explorer's Anchorage), not a general issue - in Colonia and the bubble there are no reported issues accessing the mission boards - so a "reset" (whatever that might entail) would not help.

Dangerous Global Moderator Flossy's Avatar
    Originally Posted by Kietrax View Post (Source)
    Haven't had a chance to check in game yet, but even if so the total is at 145953 T out of a top tier target of 3000000 T, so not even 5% of the way to the top yet! Should at least last the weekend he said, hopefully

Edit: Total shown on https://elitedangerous.com/community/goals/ - I'm not just making it up
    I was able to check from my character in Colonia earlier - at the time it was between Tiers 5 & 6, but the first 9 tiers are all close together, then they start to spread out for 10 and 11.

Every week day I'm not capable of signing up is at least 1k ton not delivered, and if I can't get signed up for the weekend then forget my 10k for the week (IIRC that barely got me in top 10% last DW2 CG).

For me it's fixed, can somebody confirm?

Originally Posted by Esral Sa Nikto View Post (Source)
    I've been docked at the Ancorage for three days, and can't unload UC data or get to the Mission board to get the CG. What's going on?

UC does eventually load, took me 34 minutes to boot it up while waiting for triangles to go around, on the plus side i hoovered the living room and cleaned the bathroom while waiting.

Originally Posted by Bigmaec View Post (Source)
    still broke for me (Xbox)

its nice they added a tier 11 when we are over 24 hours short as we cant sign up!

Just managed to get into missions and sign up for the the CG (UK).

I'm in too. Don't know if it is fixed or that we are just lucky

Originally Posted by Maolagin View Post (Source)
    Well, you have a few options.

* You can go mining winged with a security detail, there's a decent number of combat-capable ships out here.
    * You can mine in another system. Anecdotally NPC pirates are only spawning within a few LY of the Anchorage. Probably want to test that with a high-wake destination ready to go.
    * You can mine in the low-rez sites that were added and stick close to the police until the NPCs leave.
    * You can play a support role of some kind. If you have a lot of cargo space, ferrying limpets from the station to friends in mining systems could be useful. Or hull-ratting.
    * And of course if none of those options appeal to you, you can always sit out the CG. But you apparently did pretty well with the last CG, so whatever you did then probably works now too.
    Ahhhh, but. I didn't need to SuperCruise - I was just lancing the asteroids in the ring the station was in using a custom built python shipped out from the bubble. Excellent suggestions though. I did transfer the pulse wave scanner before leaving so if the CG registration option ever comes up properly I may consider that and just wing it against the interdictions when I return to base. Thanks.

Originally Posted by Ian Doncaster View Post (Source)
    There are a number of special properties of detention centres that mean they work much better when not in an otherwise occupied system - every single detention centre is in its own system. (Among other things, it means they're easier to isolate from the effects of the BGS, can have a security level to discourage fighting in the detention system itself, and the systems can otherwise count as unoccupied.)
    Kind of what I was hinting at ... if the station didn't formally exist until the entire station was completed and the system was governed instead by the presence of a Detention Centre ... then the BGS would not generate pirates 26KLY from the bubble. Everything else you mention would still work by default (I presume - it's been decades since I last did any coding)

You complain - wrongly, in my opinion - about the Detention Centre being there for DG2, and now you want a way for every ganker in the galaxy to be able to transfer their 10LY-ranged combat boat to Sag A*?
    Thank you for your opinion. It was tongue in cheek, sarcastic and rather dark observational humour; not a complaint. I have been making good use of the repair facilities and factors.

Also, it's not as if this CG hasn't been advertised two months ahead as "a mining CG at Sag A*" - and the outfitting allows any ship to be refitted for mining purposes, with many common exploration hulls making excellent miners. If you want a CG with bubble-quality facilities and convenience ... do them in the bubble?
    As you may already have gathered from the other comment I have taken time to reply to - CG mining is not a problem for me. Combat is. For this reason I was looking forward to engaging in combat free mining once we had got away from the influences of the bubble.

Originally Posted by stripeydave View Post (Source)
    An ice mining CG inaccessible in Scotland. It's rather galling.
    I resemble that remark

14. This is the last staff post in this thread. #104
    Commanders, the mission board at Explorer's Anchorage is now fully functional, and all Commanders should now be able to sign up for this week's CGs. Thank you for your patience!

What type of ring bodies would yield Bauxite and water and liquid oxygen?