Welcome to the ninth Featured Commanders thread of 2019! This time we're talking a Commander who has already spent two years in the black, and plans to spend two more!

Hello Commander! Introduce yourself!
Greetings from aboard the I.E.S Hermes - Commander Picard here in the Ready Room!

Greetings to you Commander Picard. Tell us, how and when did you find out about Elite Dangerous?
December 25th 1993 - My father got "Frontier Elite II" for Christmas - I was his co-pilot for years and it was a really good bonding time. Me and him talked about that game until he passed. I remember us talking for hours about the release of Elite Dangerous as I had seen several posts from David Braben on YouTube about it. Been hooked ever since. I actually bought a gaming computer just to play Elite Dangerous.

That's a lovely story, and we're proud that your father was a Commander as well. What got you hooked on the game?
The freedom and imagination you can have in the game. Many people know me as Commander Picard - Commander of The Hermes on Mission Farsight. But it's been a long road to this point. Some great moments from helping Jacques try to get to Beagle Point, to visiting Sag A* for the first time - its truly an endless journey with an amazing community.

So when did Mission Farsight start?
We started on our journey on 1 January 2017 with the intent of taking a 1 year trip circumnavigating the galaxy. We've extended the journey over time and now stand to return to the bubble on 1 January 2021. Who knows what the future holds!

And, what’s your favourite memory of playing Elite Dangerous?
Thats a tough question! If I have to pick only one, I would have to say my first exploration journey in my Eagle "The Kid" to VY Canis Majoris. It took only a few weeks but it was when I knew exploration was for me.

If you could give one piece of advice to every Commander, what would it be?
Don't play when you are tired! Especially if you are an explorer! I and many others have woken up to the rebuy screen, and trust me when you've been out 6 months and this happens, it is heartbreaking. But the black is an unforgiving place.

Are there any other Commanders you’d like to give a shout out to?
Commander HighwayWarrior and Commander Unifex - they have both resupplied me throughout my 4 year journey. Also Commander Niibl who is now 220+ days into his own journey "Expedition Aqua" check him out on Twitter!

Is there anything you're looking forward to doing in the game that you’d like to tell us about?
I look forward to the continued success of Mission Farsight - its been an amazing voyage so far and we still have almost 2 years left to go!

Where can people find you online?
Follow the Hermes as she continues around the galaxy at the official Captains Log of Mission Farsight on Twitter!

Thank you for your time, Commander. We'll let you get back to the helm!

If you’d like to be interviewed as a Featured Commander, apply here.