Page 6 of 7 First 24567 Last

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Mission board doesn't connect to server

Good Morning to all.

Missionboard still down in Germany ;)
    pls repair that fast DW2 Members will begin to work now.

O7

I can confirm. The Universal Cartographics doesn't work either. I'm very excited when they fix the bug.

hi,
    missionboard still down in France.

Down for me as well. Other people in the system chat claim to be able to get in and do things. Not me though. I've tried FC PG and Solo.

and the uk, been trying to start this cg for too long now, listening to the fleet mining together in chat, watching a screen say 'stand by' for hours at a time.....incredibly frustrating

6. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #81
    Hello Commanders,

We're currently investigating this issue and sincerely apologise for the inconvenience! When we have more info to share, we'll ensure it's posted here :)

Thanks for looking into it as it's also not working for me at Explorer's anchorage. This occurs in any mode after multiple attempts. Worked once around 1830 yesterday so I could join mining CG but nothing since then. Cannot join combat CG.
    Here's hoping for a timely fix.

Originally Posted by Paige Harvey View Post (Source)
    Hello Commanders,

We're currently investigating this issue and sincerely apologise for the inconvenience! When we have more info to share, we'll ensure it's posted here :)
    Thanks for the update; but you might also wish to mention to the devs that if they intend to keep the game running for a year and a half on the backs of events not unlike this one, they're going to have to do better than they've done here. And for that matter, the Gnosis:

"To lose one parent, Mr. Worthing, may be regarded as a misfortune; to lose both looks like carelessness."

Hello Commanders,

Thanks Paige but why has it taken this long to acknowledge this issue?

I gave up last night and just played something else.

Issue is still present in Midwest US. A number of commanders are making the trip to Colonia from Sag A* to get the mission, as both Colonia and the Bubble seem unaffected by this bug.

No CG for me either. Gues its LTDs hunt for me...

Thanks for looking into the issue. Still a problem here to sign up for the CG. Will the CG be lengthened? I really would like to contribute to the CG!

#METOO

maybe they can put a couple donate missions in? noticed before when it DID work, before the CG was announced it was an empty "no missions available" board anyway

The server was not down last night, merely overloaded. The problem is due to the high number of players at Explorers Anchorage and the recent change to a single server per mission board to avoid "Board Flipping". In the past, if a large number of players were in a station you could re-instance in solo or a pg and get a fresh server that wasn't overloaded.

Right now they only have one server handling the mission board and it can't keep up. Its fairly random if you will get connected. Last night took me ~2 hours of checking every 10 minutes or so to finally get connected. We had one player sitting in station for 2+ hours trying to get connected when another player got it the first time. The Mission board server was not *down* but it having load issues.

From a networking stand point they probably need add load balancing to handle situations like this. For a short term fix they could increase the listen() backlog to max connections (typically 128 vs say 10), drastically increase the thread pool for accept()ing connections, and finally increase the timeout values. These would mitigate some of the issues but it still won't be great until they rework the underlying issues.

Hello Commanders,

Thanks for looking into this but this is time limited so I hope there's a solution today and not when the CG finishes.