Page 10 of 12 First 689101112 Last
Results 136 to 150 of 170

Thread: ED Nominated for Evolving Game BAFTA

  1. #136
    Originally Posted by Han Zulu View Post (Source)
    Yeah. One thing that kind'a bug me a little in NMS.

    Elite feels expansive, huge, the infinite horizon where millions of empty planets exist and just few rare things can be found here and there. It feels right and real. While NMS you find the rare diamonds in every drawer you look. Not so rare anymore. (And on a sidenote, that's what I don't like with the new mining and hotspots in Elite, every other system has rings with void opal hotspots... why pay so much for something that common?)

    Elite's space, planets, flight, so much better.

    NMS, it's a bit of minecraft in space. It's more like just random fun.


    Something that I still would want to experience again is some of the planetary missions in Mass Effect. Going to a planet, that's mostly void, and one single secret underground base you looked for, went in to, and shot some baddies, and go the cargo you were looking for or whatever. Or finding that small station that was occupied by terrorists and you took them out and saved the prisoner, etc. Need planets and feet for that, but hopefully also rare and distant places.
    Having visited those settlements in the Formadine Rift-& The Zarura- I find myself wishing for Elite-Feet more & more .

  2. #137
    How can it be nominated in the evoving game category?

    Where's the game?

    It should be in the "someone's really bad prediction of the future with space grind, boring stories and half baked content" category.

  3. #138
    So many trolls. ED made the list and peeps complain. I'm happy for them.
    I wouldn't play fortnite or nms or several others on the list if they were given to me.
    I don't trash them tho. Grow up.
    Don't be like the lame expert game reviewers that sack groceries for a living and expect people to believe what they say.

  4. #139
    Originally Posted by OBYOZ View Post (Source)
    How can it be nominated in the evoving game category?

    Where's the game?

    It should be in the "someone's really bad prediction of the future with space grind, boring stories and half baked content" category.
    There is plenty of game. As to evolving, it evolved a lot over the last year. Some like it, some don't. That's life.

  5. #140
    Yes, Elite: Dangerous has evolved a lot over the last year and the years since its release, also there is plenty of gameplay within the game. I can understand why it has been nominated.

    You may not like the gameplay, which one then questions why you are playing the game, but there is plenty of gameplay and many do enjoy it. Also, grinding is a personal choice, not a requirement within the game.

    Congratulations Frontier!

  6. #141
    Originally Posted by GreyAreaUK View Post (Source)
    Not sure where you're getting that idea. Or is it just that you don't like people calling you out when you're wrong or being silly?
    I think it's because you've taken to name calling and still don't get censured by the mods. I've not bothered reporting it tho, as a white knight (who seem to be losing many of their staunchest voices recently), you're immune to forum rules.

  7. #142
    Originally Posted by Franc Kaos View Post (Source)
    I think it's because you've taken to name calling and still don't get censured by the mods. I've not bothered reporting it tho, as a white knight (who seem to be losing many of their staunchest voices recently), you're immune to forum rules.
    White Knight? No, not really. I've criticised the game (and Frontier) where deserved.

  8. #143
    Originally Posted by GreyAreaUK View Post (Source)
    White Knight? No, not really. I've criticised the game (and Frontier) where deserved.
    People just call people white knights when you don't agree with their opinion.

    I have critisezed fdev and the game and there is still mechanics in the game that I don't think is very good or could be better, but according to some I am a white knight because I don't agree with their gloom and doom posts. I just pity those kinds of people to be honest.

  9. #144
    Good morning all.

    It's morning here, so could everyone stop refering to 'knights' and instead discuss the OP?

  10. #145
    Originally Posted by StuartGT View Post (Source)
    I suggest you read the OP
    Wow rude much? I did and it is a joke that NMS is not in there.
    So what is your point again?

  11. #146
    Originally Posted by Max Factor View Post (Source)
    People just call people white knights when you don't agree with their opinion.

    I have critisezed fdev and the game and there is still mechanics in the game that I don't think is very good or could be better, but according to some I am a white knight because I don't agree with their gloom and doom posts. I just pity those kinds of people to be honest.
    The hilarious thing is I'm currently wearing this:



    From the always awesome Last Exit To Nowhere. Highly recommend their gear.

    https://www.lastexittonowhere.com

  12. #147
    Originally Posted by Mad Mike View Post (Source)
    ...it is a joke that NMS is not in there.
    Concur. While I don't think NMS is as good a game as Elite (subjective opinion is subjective) it's certainly been developed a hell of a lot, and they have another big expansion coming soon. So yes, IMHO it should be on the list.

  13. #148
    I dont know about the other games but, why is elite and sea of thieves on that list? And NMS should be there like the first choice.
    Anything can happen in this world as it seems. Congrats i guess...

  14. #149
    Originally Posted by GreyAreaUK View Post (Source)
    Concur. While I don't think NMS is as good a game as Elite (subjective opinion is subjective) it's certainly been developed a hell of a lot, and they have another big expansion coming soon. So yes, IMHO it should be on the list.
    Oh absolutely. I have not even bought it and won't until it has VR, however that is just my minority use case. But the fact remains compared to at launch the amount of content added for free is mind boggling

  15. #150
    Its funny that NMS' new expansion is Beyond. Will EDs be Next?