Page 3 of 3 First 123

Thread: My take on the "exploration ship" builds out there and praticality in real gameplay

This thread got me very drunk :/

Originally Posted by disorganise View Post (Source)
    This thread got me very drunk :/
    Sorry huh? I cant read what you wrote cuz my double vision is so blurry....

Originally Posted by mtt9999 [Parabolus] View Post (Source)
    Sorry huh? I cant read what you wrote cuz my double vision is so blurry....
    I shhed...... <hic> <thud>

I'm learning to take very small sips. It's a matter of survival.

Originally Posted by Leper Messiah View Post (Source)
    so a "real" explorer only explores economical jump range?

Bottom line is there is NO "real explorer"....I'm faffing around on the coat tails of DW2 in a 22ly Python, got AFMU, SRV, Heat sinks, chaff, guns, cargo bays...hell even the kitchen sink. I FSS everything and Map ELWs, WW, AWs, and terraformable HMCs. I se it like climbing a mountain, some just want to get to the top as quickly as possible, I'd be pootling around the base of the mountain trying to find interesting stuff to see. Both (and all inbetwix) are valid ways of exploring.
    The only tool a "real" explorer needs is pen and paper

Originally Posted by SvennoJ View Post (Source)
    The only tool a "real" explorer needs is pen and paper
    and a ship

Originally Posted by Captain Thea Kreutzer View Post (Source)
    and a ship

No, no... according to some of the 'famous' explorers on this forum that necessity has been removed with the introduction of the FSS/DSS

Sorry - couldn't resist that!

But al=t least you didn't say "and an Anaconda"

Ok guys fair points!

As i stated, is "my take on..." not law or something of the sort.

The perception i have is somewhat diferent from some of you, and believe me ive much enjoyed reading some of your comments/critics to what i wrote, since it just opens my eyes and make me see things in a diferent prespective.

My take comes from as what as a new player i got as feedback from players i encountered in this game so far, and "chat" with, (must be hanging with the wrong croud), and also from the "streamers" and "forum gurus" (yeah i know probrably going too far with that remark), and all the videos concerning "exploration ships" out there in the web.

I am now a more mature and seasoned player and learning as i go along, and you are right some of the points i made, arent correct to think about it, giving your reactions, and that is a good thing in the end!

This game is awesome, yes it has its downsides, as others do, but overall its huge and immersing, and has lots of ways to play it, and it grabs u into it.
    All your feedback, advices, critics, all are a way to help me improve my understanding of the game and also to improve the way i play it, tks!

Feel free to leave your comments, sugestions, or straight out "go... yoursellf" post down below!

I've learned that the key for ME exploring is variety. I like many different aspects of this game. So I need LOOONG jump ranges not to explore, but to make time getting home, or somewhere interesting I want to see. If the grind jumping home isn't so dreadfully mind numbing, I might actually head back out again soon. I need more "stuff" in the trunk to give me something to do to break the monotony. Want to scan some geological feature? Do it from a ship launched fighter instead of actually landing. And I need to enjoy the flight too. I love a good view out the canopy, a nice handling ship, ... oh, and let's not forget one of the MOST important aspects of exploring: How good your ship looks in a screenshot.

Originally Posted by AzoreanOutkast View Post (Source)
    Feel free to leave your comments, sugestions, or straight out "go... yoursellf" post down below!
    I'll comment that your avatar looks nice.

Originally Posted by Captain Thea Kreutzer View Post (Source)
    and a ship
    And my axe!

Wait, wrong meme.

Originally Posted by AzoreanOutkast View Post (Source)
    Ok guys fair points!

As i stated, is "my take on..." not law or something of the sort.

The perception i have is somewhat diferent from some of you, and believe me ive much enjoyed reading some of your comments/critics to what i wrote, since it just opens my eyes and make me see things in a diferent prespective.

My take comes from as what as a new player i got as feedback from players i encountered in this game so far, and "chat" with, (must be hanging with the wrong croud), and also from the "streamers" and "forum gurus" (yeah i know probrably going too far with that remark), and all the videos concerning "exploration ships" out there in the web.

I am now a more mature and seasoned player and learning as i go along, and you are right some of the points i made, arent correct to think about it, giving your reactions, and that is a good thing in the end!

This game is awesome, yes it has its downsides, as others do, but overall its huge and immersing, and has lots of ways to play it, and it grabs u into it.
    All your feedback, advices, critics, all are a way to help me improve my understanding of the game and also to improve the way i play it, tks!

Yes variety is nice. At the moment I'm big into surface exploration - I like finding great planets and creating endurance race courses. In the past I have done many different things. At one point I loved trying to find far away undiscovered places. Discovered Nadir (briefly farthest below plane system), Little Red Riding Hood, Goliath's Rest, and was the first to map GU Muscae. These REQUIRED a long jump range. I will say, during that time I found something that still holds true - my favorite places to explore the galaxy is FAR BELOW or above the galactic plane. For me, the view is unbeatable. This, along with other areas required long jump ranges.

My first trip was to bubble nebula was in a 22ly range python. I've also flown an anaconda, type6, type 7, and others. Just depends on what im into at that time (during that year). What's great about ED is that there are millions of ways to explore. Every year I find a new interest. (Like right now I don't care about geo or bio, but maybe that changes later).

Anyway, those are my two cents from a planet surface that I've been driving around for almost a week. 250km in and another 300km to go!

Well I have not patience to try getting extreme jump ranges, though that means that targeted travel will take a long time. Did Sag A trip some time ago with very heavy load out Anaconda, 25 ly jump range, that was pretty stupid. Now did it second time with Krait Phantom and 45 ly jump range, better, much better. When it comes to fuel scoops I prefer biggest A-rated ones you can get. My current set-up usually scoops fast enough, that I can top off from single jump (circling star with throttle at max) by the time when ship is lined for next jump. I'm pretty paranoid of fuel gauge and keep it as much as possible topped up. But then...I have never needed valiant services of Fuel Rats

Page 3 of 3 First 123