Page 2 of 217 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Universal Cartographics Galactic Record Breakers

Looking at some more things I've found...

Largest Independent system: LTT 16979 - 1.2 billion. Still can't find a bigger one than I posted for the Alliance systems.

The smallest planet I've found is Nannan in LHS 417 with a mass of 0.0012 and a diameter of 717km. Are we separating mass and diameter? There are some noticeable differences especially with the gas giants.

The smallest ringed Gas giant I've seen is Tilian 8 (with a mass of 26.5283, diameter of 41694km). The smallest ringed non gas planet is Tilian 7, 11278 km diameter and a mass of 3.559.

Will keep more coming as I find them... got to enjoy the game while surveying...

Originally Posted by rodneyhchef View Post (Source)
    I like this!

Been searching for Type A stars Biggest so far I've found is in Alderamin

Alderamin A is the hottest star I've found - 9853.00K
    It's also the heaviest I've seen at 2.3398 solar masses, though I notice there was no competition for heaviest

It exceeds its own classification in the system description (between 1.4 and 2.1 solar masses)

Just occurred to me that White Dwarfs are probably the hot ones so I doubt the temperature record will stand for very long!
    I had put density instead of mass so I've added it, I checked a white dwarf that I know and it is hotter! CM Draco B with a surface temperature of 22,112K
    sorry to take that one of you so soon but you still get the heaviest also white dwarfs go up to 40,000K so it should be beatable, keep hunting!

Originally Posted by Mokonzi View Post (Source)
    Looking at some more things I've found...

Largest Independent system: LTT 16979 - 1.2 billion. Still can't find a bigger one than I posted for the Alliance systems.

The smallest planet I've found is Nannan in LHS 417 with a mass of 0.0012 and a diameter of 717km. Are we separating mass and diameter? There are some noticeable differences especially with the gas giants.

The smallest ringed Gas giant I've seen is Tilian 8 (with a mass of 26.5283, diameter of 41694km). The smallest ringed non gas planet is Tilian 7, 11278 km diameter and a mass of 3.559.

Will keep more coming as I find them... got to enjoy the game while surveying...
    will add some, but smallest should be under 600km there are also some ringed moons out there under 5000km oh and gas ringed is under 14000km, I could add heaviest and lightest bodies. Also try the filters on the galaxy map, there's a size filter under i'l try put up a few guide numbers to get us going!

I found some white dwarfs don't seem to give a temperature on the system view? Infact I just tried to visit LP 103-294 which has a 'big' white dwarf but it crashed my game when i tried to access the system view.

I guess a big white dwarf would be the densest too!

I found some white dwarfs don't seem to give a temperature on the system view? Infact I just tried to visit LP 103-294 which has a 'big' white dwarf but it crashed my game when i tried to access the system view.

crashed my game to when I tried to access system view, ticket I guess!

LP 103-294 might be an A class star check this thread for a few others http://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=48475

Yeah I ticketed it

Just been to GD319 in the old bubble. Tiny star but very dense!

1.2305 solar masses
    0.0057 solar radii

so density would be mass/volume = 1,586,239.7x solar density

Temperature didn't come up - logged out and back in again and it showed up. But this didn't seem to work with another system I'd visited.

Originally Posted by Patau82 View Post (Source)
    LP 103-294 might be an A class star check this thread for a few others http://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=48475
    I visited the system - It's a small mass (but large diameter) white dwarf. I think I've visited all the A class stars in that thread. Alderamin being the biggest

May I suggest that you use colours to denote new entries, perhaps a green highlight for a new entry, then the previous greens turn orange before going to white.

Here's an example of the list over three days

Entry 1 : new today
    Entry 2 : existing
    Entry 3 : -
    Entry 4 : -

Entry 1 : last update
    Entry 3 : new today

Entry 1 : existing
    Entry 3 : last update
    Entry 4 : new today
    CMDR Shebat - Trader and Explorer. Pilot of the good ship Bucephelus in both Elite and Star Citizen.

TrackIR | Saitek X52 Pro | Custom Flight Control Board | VoiceAttack software
    Get a custom Vocal Response Compilation and Tune to twitch.TV for Bigglesan's Broadcast Services or read the HHGTED

Originally Posted by Gomisan View Post (Source)
    May I suggest that you use colours to denote new entries, perhaps a green highlight for a new entry, then the previous greens turn orange before going to white.

Here's an example of the list over three days

Entry 1 : new today
    Entry 3 : -

Entry 1 : last update
    Entry 3 : new today

Entry 1 : existing
    Entry 3 : last update
    Entry 4 : new today
    good idea I change them in a bit

Sounds cool if it was working as intended. System map is rather useless, and if you purchase system info, it never seems to add the info you just purchased. The deep scanner seems to only find stars and planets. Went searching for a station in a large system, found both stars, all the planets, but never found a station. Imaginary 16mil people living there also.

Really cool idea though. One that I would be looking forward to, maybe after release when they have it all working properly.

Originally Posted by Mokonzi View Post (Source)
    Looks good this. I'll get some stats as I go around and update them.

Originally Posted by Doolittle View Post (Source)
    Sounds cool if it was working as intended. System map is rather useless, and if you purchase system info, it never seems to add the info you just purchased. The deep scanner seems to only find stars and planets. Went searching for a station in a large system, found both stars, all the planets, but never found a station. Imaginary 16mil people living there also.

Really cool idea though. One that I would be looking forward to, maybe after release when they have it all working properly.
    If you don't see station on the system map then there isn't one, you cant actually discover stations, they are already on your system maps.
    I think when you purchase system maps you are only buying some of the data not all of it, although I have bought some system data that didn't update system map at all

I've added a few new entries to OP for most stations, largest and smallest gas giant, smallest body, and smallest earth like. Can anyone beat them?

Itsy Bitsy Medusa 4

I doubt it will be the smallest we find, but lacking any other entries so far, Medusa 4 is small enough that its orbit conforms to what is expected for a large planet, rather than acting like a traditional binary star.

Nominated for:
    • smallest star: 0.0606 solar radii
    • coldest star: 335.00 kelvins
    • lightest star: 0.0117 solar masses

Biggest system I have come across is 1.2MLs: V1090 Herculis

Page 2 of 217 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast