Page 5 of 218 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 3264

Thread: Universal Cartographics Galactic Record Breakers

  1. #61
    Originally Posted by eddiedesilva View Post (Source)
    Here are the pictures of the system map. I had to split it in four because of the size.







    Images aren't working for me.

  2. #62
    Originally Posted by eddiedesilva View Post (Source)
    Here are the pictures of the system map. I had to split it in four because of the size.







    Sorry! inserting the images doesn't work. here are the links.

    http://bayimg.com/FacONaAgk

    http://bayimg.com/FacooAAGK

    http://bayimg.com/FaCoPAagK

    http://bayimg.com/GACOaAaGK

  3. #63
    Looks Awesome. I've seen a video of a tour of the system:

    http://youtu.be/0tBR8TyM6tA?t=7m29s
    I've set it around the fastest spinning star we know of so far...

    The whole video is worth a watch.

  4. #64
    Originally Posted by Mokonzi View Post (Source)
    That's crazy - puts my find to shame, lol.

  5. #65
    Has anyone beat this discovery yet?


    Hi, I'm Capn Snuggie, and I approve this message. (Unless it sucks, then I just mildly tolerate).

  6. #66
    Originally Posted by CapnSnuggie View Post (Source)
    Has anyone beat this discovery yet?

    Which sector is it in?

  7. #67
    Originally Posted by CapnSnuggie View Post (Source)
    Has anyone beat this discovery yet?

    HIP 102466? Fully explored, by now...

    Edit: Data sold for over 36000 CR
    Edit2: BTW, there is an anomaly around A 11 body (an invisible ring around the brown dwarf ? - 1.68Ls from it) where my ship was dropped from SC repeatedly ("dropping - too close"), and I had to jump away from the system.
    Duke Endereth Ernal, a Founder, at your service...

  8. #68
    That 1207-032 system breaks a lot of records. My heaviest star one from beta 2 is certainly in tatters nearly 12 solar masses for 1207-032 A

  9. #69
    Added New Records to OP!

    Originally Posted by rodneyhchef View Post (Source)
    That 1207-032 system breaks a lot of records. My heaviest star one from beta 2 is certainly in tatters nearly 12 solar masses for 1207-032 A
    what's the exact mass please?

    Originally Posted by CapnSnuggie View Post (Source)
    Has anyone beat this discovery yet?

    Need a system name to add it to records, I guess it has 102 bodies including star? is it HIP 102466?

    would love to see a system map screen shot if anyone could post one

    those spinning stars are crazy! I was wondering what you guys where talking about until I saw the video, that's one hell of a FSD fitted to that star!

  10. #70
    LOL @ fast spinning star, those records are brilliant!
    Specs: Core i3 @2.50 Ghz, 4 GB RAM, Radeon 6300M/Intel HD 4000

  11. #71
    Originally Posted by Patau82 View Post (Source)
    Need a system name to add it to records, I guess it has 102 bodies including star? is it HIP 102466?

    would love to see a system map screen shot if anyone could post one
    I don't know what CapnSnuggie's system is but HIP 102466 has 102 bodies (not including close to stars AA and BA rings as they are seen only on the system map) and here you have pics (it's too big to fit in one screen shot at my resolution):
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_0008.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	35.4 KB 
ID:	858Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_0009.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	29.0 KB 
ID:	859
    Duke Endereth Ernal, a Founder, at your service...

  12. #72
    Originally Posted by Ender View Post (Source)
    I don't know what CapnSnuggie's system is but HIP 102466 has 102 bodies (not including close to stars AA and BA rings as they are seen only on the system map) and here you have pics (it's too big to fit in one screen shot at my resolution):
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_0008.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	35.4 KB 
ID:	858Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_0009.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	29.0 KB 
ID:	859
    I'm heading over there right now to check it out, looks like a contender for a few other records!

  13. #73
    Originally Posted by Patau82 View Post (Source)
    I'm heading over there right now to check it out, looks like a contender for a few other records!
    Eg. 20 ringed bodies (not including the brown dwarf anomaly)

    Edit: and 17 Gas Giants...
    Duke Endereth Ernal, a Founder, at your service...

  14. #74
    I would like to note that Groombridge 1618 has a population of 3.8 billion, not the most but still note worthy.

  15. #75
    Popped through Arcturus last night. That is one big star (K class if I remember correctly)!! ... So big you can even see it on the galaxy map. Impressive!

Page 5 of 218 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast