Page 223 of 223 FirstFirst ... 213219220221222223
Results 3,331 to 3,343 of 3343

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: LAVE RADIO - A podcast about Elite Dangerous

I just listened to this week's show. Did nobody challenge the assumption that it was impossible to shoot corrosive missiles as they come for you? I thought that it was possible? Sometimes in the heat of battle it's difficult to know what's happening, but I was sure that I've done it a couple of times when tackling cyclops. I'd binded the "Target Highest Threat" function to my joypad and let my gimballed weapons take care of them.

Originally Posted by Frank View Post (Source)
    I just listened to this week's show. Did nobody challenge the assumption that it was impossible to shoot corrosive missiles as they come for you? I thought that it was possible? Sometimes in the heat of battle it's difficult to know what's happening, but I was sure that I've done it a couple of times when tackling cyclops. I'd binded the "Target Highest Threat" function to my joypad and let my gimballed weapons take care of them.
    it is possible to shoot them, but usually it's better to just run away until the fuel is exhausted.

Not tried that, but the point defense seems unable to take them out. I always run.

Originally Posted by dayrth View Post (Source)
    Not tried that, but the point defense seems unable to take them out. I always run.
    Ahh! That could be what they meant. I'll go re-listen to the broadcast to see if they were talking about point defence

Ahh! That could be what they meant. I'll go re-listen to the broadcast to see if they were talking about point defence
    Yes, a single point defence is ineffective vs torpedo's. Not to say loads of PDT's wont kill them but you need those utility slots for other things

I've found as soon as Caustic Missiles are launched, you can target them with the highest threat key. My Turrets have never been quick enough to deal with them. I have multiple point defenses on my T-10 but they don't seem to be effective. I haven't even tested the ECM. If anyone knows if the ECM is any good, I'd like to know.

Cheers

Lave Radio Episode 204: Kolo is a Thargoid! Kolo is a Princess!! Kolo is a Thargoid Princess!!!

Show Page and Notes: http://laveradio.com/lave-radio-episode-204/
    Podcast Feed: http://laveradio.com/feed/laveradio.xml
    Direct Download: http://www.laveradio.com/podcasts/laveradio-ep204.mp3

Cmdr Eid LeWeise

Originally Posted by Phoenix_Dfire View Post (Source)
    I've found as soon as Caustic Missiles are launched, you can target them with the highest threat key. My Turrets have never been quick enough to deal with them. I have multiple point defenses on my T-10 but they don't seem to be effective. I haven't even tested the ECM. If anyone knows if the ECM is any good, I'd like to know.

Cheers
    Actually, I do a little of everything I can to avoid the caustic missiles. As soon as I hear the warning I start to run. I target the highest threat. I take potshots at the missile as I run screaming away from it. I get hit most times. I overcook my ship to boil off the caustic attack. I sit there with my thumb poised over my heatsink launcher waiting for the message that the caustic damage has stopped. I hit the heatsink button, and then realise that heatsinks have been disabled. I watch my ship spark and frizzle in the heat. Rinse and repeat.

...I sit there with my thumb poised over my heatsink launcher waiting for the message that the caustic damage has stopped...
    I do the same when I'm hit, but I don't always get the message. I don't realize it has stopped until my heat is ridiculously high.

I would love to see radio channels in game... and a radio type device on screen somewhere. lave radio playing live while you are flying how cool.. if they allow some sort of feed maintenance, we could add other radio channels.

in setting radio list.

Lave
    sidewinder

plus others

Originally Posted by ebbrell View Post (Source)
    I would love to see radio channels in game... and a radio type device on screen somewhere. lave radio playing live while you are flying how cool.. if they allow some sort of feed maintenance, we could add other radio channels.

in setting radio list.

Lave
    sidewinder

plus others

Yeah I've long wished we could get that... Even better if they could do some of the screens to act as video / audio displays for twitch streams etc.

Eid

Originally Posted by LaveRadio View Post (Source)
    Lave Radio Episode 204: Kolo is a Thargoid! Kolo is a Princess!! Kolo is a Thargoid Princess!!!

Show Page and Notes: http://laveradio.com/lave-radio-episode-204/
    Podcast Feed: http://laveradio.com/feed/laveradio.xml
    Direct Download: http://www.laveradio.com/podcasts/laveradio-ep204.mp3

Cmdr Eid LeWeise
    Well that was ... different. Not usually a fan of podcasts where we just listen to someone's gameplay but that was actually quite entertaining! Well done guys, in one brief episode you've succeeded in corrupting a starry eyed young new commander and have turned her into the sort of person that will gleefully feed a national hero like Clark Barrow to the Thargoids for her own entertainment!

You guys are sick!

Originally Posted by Alec Turner View Post (Source)
    You guys are sick!

Thank you o7