Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast

Thread: Complete list of all third party tools, spreadsheets, manuals and other data sources

Thanks

Thanks for this thead, it's been invaluable as someone new to the game the help & hidden gems that are contained in some of the tools is amazing

Can't say enough good things about this thread. I'm one of those 'must have all the tools' kinda of player. Digging through the forum can be like digging through warm pudding, satisfying but it completely swallows you up. Love your work and effort!

Still out of town. Have to admit I get a nice cozy/fuzzy, warm feeling when reading the last posts. Good to know the OP info IS being used and is useful to you ;-) Thanks for the kind words. Please, don´t forget the check out the TODO section of the OP, 50+ tools/info stuff is in there. Yes, can´t keep up ;-( I´m afraid of whats gonna happen when the official web-api will be ready and is released.... Absolutely totally positively convinced that the number of tools is gonna explode because of the new info available for tools!!!

A very interesting thread by Maddavo: "Price sharing - price sanity check algorithms". I think this is a VERY useful thread. Might I suggest hopping over there and give your opinion about the matter. I'm sure that we as a community can come with some clever ideas. In the all tools could be benefit from it. Not only EDDN - which distributes quite a large percentage of the commodities prices market.

20150410: Added to the WIP tool codenamed ED3PTT (see OP).

Just wanted to let people know some of the issues I found and hence possibly save you hassle. It has taken me two weeks to set everyting up and get everything working - i am just about to launch the game for my first real outing! Whoop Whoop!

Things I discoverd:
    I have a thrustmaster t16000. No need to use the target software you can map the buttons in game. If you want to use one of the buttons as a shift button, in the controls mapping section of the game just press two buttons at the same time.

When mapping the buttons ( roll, pitch, yaw) do not map left on the joystick or right on the joystick individually to the x axis. Rather in the same column as the keyboard settings (first coloumn/ primary) map the axis to the roll axis (to the left of the sensitivity slider). I can actually play the game now as the large dead zones have been removed.

I bought the HCS voice pack to use with voice attack and I kept the HCSPACK KB+M option - i then mapped the joystcik leaving their default keys alone.
    I made an IR clip using you tube vids. PS3 eye about £7 on amazon. OSRAM SH***** IR leds - £6. I butchered a tape measure case so that clips on to the headphones and used 2 BIC pens as the arms - you can melt these so they bend to the perfect shape, one led is actually in the case. Note: IR leds have to have the correct polarity or they will not work! Normal leds can be anyway round but IR leds have to be a certain way. That took me an hour to figure that one out!

I used opentrack on its own and it works fine after ADJUSTING THE MAPPING curves. I assigned 'enter' to turning the headlook on/ off within that prog - i am yet to figure out how to attach that to a button on the joystick as it doesn't seem to work; i have seen thread saying the developers have been notified. Also in opentrack adjust the 'centre pose' found at: mapping/ option tab so your head is centred.

I know most of this is probably obvious to most people but to me it wasn't. If anyone wants my files so you do not have to do it all yourself I can put them somewhere. You can have the opentrack .ini file, the binds file (a work in progress) i use and the photoshop template to assign your own keys. You might have to wait a while as I about to be lost in space for some time...

Excited!!!

Hope it helps.

Name:  joystick_defaults_D.jpg
Views: 454
Size:  234.3 KB

Reported by MagmaiKH aka Quazil.

Trading tool. QAA: Quazil's Astro Analytics (new trading/commodity locating program)

Local .NET client connected to EDDN.
    Forum Thread
    https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=89963

Download link
    https://bitbucket.org/Quazil/astroanalytics

Sunday the 1st of February. Added to TODO section.

20150410: Added to the WIP tool codenamed ED3PTT (see OP).

You could add Elite: Dangerous Display Switcher:

EDDS

Originally Posted by Smack332 View Post (Source)
    You could add Elite: Dangerous Display Switcher:

EDDS
    Nice tool. It would be even better if it was possible to change the resolution on the fly - while playing ED. Someone has managed to do that but didn't make it public because it it was done by directly manipulating ED - which is verboten. If you haven't so already you might want to consider posting a request for such a feature in the started by FD thread "[PROPOSAL DISCUSSION] External API Requirements Thread"

Monday the 2nd of February. Added to TODO section.

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

Originally Posted by MoralShortfall View Post (Source)
    Just wanted to let people know some of the issues I found and hence possibly save you hassle. It has taken me two weeks to set everyting up and get everything working - i am just about to launch the game for my first real outing! Whoop Whoop!

Things I discoverd:
    I have a thrustmaster t16000. No need to use the target software you can map the buttons in game. If you want to use one of the buttons as a shift button, in the controls mapping section of the game just press two buttons at the same time.

When mapping the buttons ( roll, pitch, yaw) do not map left on the joystick or right on the joystick individually to the x axis. Rather in the same column as the keyboard settings (first coloumn/ primary) map the axis to the roll axis (to the left of the sensitivity slider). I can actually play the game now as the large dead zones have been removed.

I bought the HCS voice pack to use with voice attack and I kept the HCSPACK KB+M option - i then mapped the joystcik leaving their default keys alone.
    I made an IR clip using you tube vids. PS3 eye about £7 on amazon. OSRAM SH***** IR leds - £6. I butchered a tape measure case so that clips on to the headphones and used 2 BIC pens as the arms - you can melt these so they bend to the perfect shape, one led is actually in the case. Note: IR leds have to have the correct polarity or they will not work! Normal leds can be anyway round but IR leds have to be a certain way. That took me an hour to figure that one out!

I used opentrack on its own and it works fine after ADJUSTING THE MAPPING curves. I assigned 'enter' to turning the headlook on/ off within that prog - i am yet to figure out how to attach that to a button on the joystick as it doesn't seem to work; i have seen thread saying the developers have been notified. Also in opentrack adjust the 'centre pose' found at: mapping/ option tab so your head is centred.

I know most of this is probably obvious to most people but to me it wasn't. If anyone wants my files so you do not have to do it all yourself I can put them somewhere. You can have the opentrack .ini file, the binds file (a work in progress) i use and the photoshop template to assign your own keys. You might have to wait a while as I about to be lost in space for some time...

Excited!!!

Hope it helps.

Name:  joystick_defaults_D.jpg
Views: 454
Size:  234.3 KB
    Monday the 2nd of February. Added to TODO section.

20150410: Added both to the WIP tool codenamed ED3PTT (see OP).

This one should have been on the OP LONG ago but totally forgot. Hence now with priority.....

Name: Maddavo's Market Share (MMS)
    Author: maddavo
    Description: Merging tool for Trade Dangerous (TD)
    Source available: No
    Thread: N/A.
    Compatible with Release: Yes
    Comments: Its a plugin for TD. Users can upload their TD .prices file (using TD) and get a merged .prices back. This will consist of all .prices submitted by others AND the prices received from EDDN. Also check out the other tools mentioned on his site like the online version of RedWizzards tool to calculate coordinates for new systems.

Wednesday the 4th of February. Added to the Miscellaneous section.

Edit: 20150410: Its on the WIP tool which has codename ED3PTT (see OP). Its one it since Mar 27, 2015 after biobob imported my OP list.

Wow! Excellent thread - so much useful stuff I haven't even been able to go through it all yet. Thanks to everyone who has contributed!

Originally Posted by Schlemstar View Post (Source)
    Wow! Excellent thread - so much useful stuff I haven't even been able to go through it all yet. Thanks to everyone who has contributed!
    Expect a LOT more tools when the FD api will be ready. Out of the country till next Thursday so no updates basically. I´ve stated it before. There is no way I can keep up with it all, yes can put them on the TODO but creating the normal format I use and putting them in the correct section isn´t do able. NOT with the current forums. The OP is to big and the spoiler tags start to leak (when there is to much info in it) and somehow the forum inserts spoiler tags on its own. It would be very much appreciated if commanders could take one or two entries from the TODO list and create the correct format for it. Afterwards I can put them easily in the correct section. Hoping that commanders are able/willing to do that. Fingers crossed.

Tool: [APP] Elite Notes, a very simple price recorder for your android device.
    Tool: [V1.30] Trade Computer Extension

Put here so I don´t forget it. Later will be put on the TODO list.

20150410: Added "Elite Notes" to the WIP tool which has a codename ED3PTT (see OP). TCE already on ED3PTT.

Still out of the country.

Tool: Quickly find all Frontier Developer posts
    It needs greasemonkey for Firefox and something similar for Chrome. It also contains a RSS feed. So no need for greasemoneky like addons BUT of course you need a RSS program like Bamboo (FF). Afaik it contains the COMPLETE list of dev posts !!

20150410: Added to the WIP tool which has a codename ED3PTT (see OP).

Still out of the country.

A bit like "Quickly find all Frontier Developer posts" of the previous post but with a different layout and no greasemonkey script needed.
    It display quite a bit less historical data. It can be found here.

This a real GEM. I wish I had found it earlier before it did get snowed under in the forums. DO check this gem out!!!

20150410: Added to the WIP tool which has a codename ED3PTT (see OP).

Name: WWLAMA ALERTS (SMS)
    Author: lazy llama, Winterwalker
    Description: SMS Text Message (Galnet Alerts)
    Source available: No, uses tool IFTTT
    Thread: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...=1#post1752101
    Compatible with Release: Yes (currently using (lazy llama) Proxy RSS Feed while Galnet RSS is WIP)
    Comments: Using third party tool (If This Then That) app collects new RSS entries to Galnet and forwards a text message alert to your mobile phone. Full Galnet entry must be accessed, in smartphone via phone web browser, by feedreader or found in game. (IFTTT can also be useful for a wide range of web automation).
    :: cmdr winterwalker :: PC :: open play :: space / man :: altais monolith :: rsv avogadro :: arabica :: listed ordinary :: so , corpse ::

Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast