Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Complete list of all third party tools, spreadsheets, manuals and other data sources

A method to optimize SC travels. Use it all the time and works like a charm (for me).

CaptainKremmen. Thread "Supercruise "Time To Destination" info = genius"

Edit: 20141204. Added to the OP.

Friday 20150424: Tool is in the WIP tool codenamed ED3PTT (see OP).
    Done by ED3PTT author biobob who created an OP importer - saved LOTS of time.

Please do not post link with https://thisforum at least for me that means I can not reply to the thread. remove the s...

Originally Posted by Snuble View Post (Source)
    Please do not post link with https://thisforum at least for me that means I can not reply to the thread. remove the s...
    Changed https into http. Not sure why its given you issues. Btw when I click on http://thisforum link I end up with a https://thisforum when it opens in a tab.

When I created this thread I thought there was a need for it. Aside from positive feedback includings reps, I haven't received many additional links. Perhaps my thoughts were wrong. I will try it once more, after that the thread probably won't be updated by me any more and will disappear in the voids of the forums....

I can NOT do this alone. So if anyone has some info about tools, spreadsheets, manuals, data sources PLEASE DO POST them here.
    Alone I will FAIL, together we will SUCCEED.

A very nice routeplanner, check it out. Very cool logo. It uses the coordinates calculated in the crowd sourcing star system coordinates project.

Peter Powers.. CMDR Club. Webbased routeplanner. Website.

Edit: 20141205. Added to the OP.

Elite Dangerous Crosshair by RobCubed. Simple, elegant, useful. Thread: [GENERAL] Elite Dangerous Crosshair v1.1

Yes, there is value in this thread. Both to see what is being used, and what I can use. It will tend to be pushed down by all the ranting, but we will come back to it. I think it would help with popularity if the OP was updated with a couplemore sections (else it looks exclusively like a 3D coordinate list). Trade tools, Pilot's Log, Route Planning wold be the first categories I'd suggest.

Edit: Just started browsing some of the links in the thread, and I'm impressed.

Originally Posted by tsh View Post (Source)
    Yes, there is value in this thread. Both to see what is being used, and what I can use. It will tend to be pushed down by all the ranting, but we will come back to it. I think it would help with popularity if the OP was updated with a couplemore sections (else it looks exclusively like a 3D coordinate list). Trade tools, Pilot's Log, Route Planning wold be the first categories I'd suggest.

Edit: Just started browsing some of the links in the thread, and I'm impressed.
    I'm planning to create categories BUT only if it turns out that its really being used. It takes a lot of time and I've quite a few other threads who need some loving as well. So far I've received very little extra urls and its impossible to find all the goodness out there. I'm probably missing more then half of all the tools - if not more. So for example not a single spreadsheet is in the list and I know there are at least 10+ of them out there. But how do I find them back..... But I have to agree more categories would make it far better ;-(

Cmdr Sharky, and yes that was me at the party.

Originally Posted by PhilHibbs View Post (Source)
    I think, it looks like the site is down atm. I visited the url yesterday. Perhaps TornSoul is updating the site with the 19938 coordinates we have just received from Michael Brookes for the crowd sourcing coordinates project ;-) I will check the site again this evening...

Edit: Just contacted TornSoul (the author) and he said the following:
    "I'm in fact updating the server itself (windows update) - will be a bit up/down for a bit. "

Point Cloud by TornSoul, the maker of EDStarCoordinator and TGC (The Great Collector). It contains the list of 19833 systems with an economy the crowd source coordinates project today received from Michael Brookes - GREAT gesture by FD. PC is a simple tool but it shows beautifully where the systems which have an economy are positioned in the Galaxy.

TornSoul posted the following in the crowd source project. Source.
    Originally Posted by TornSoul View Post (Source)
    And "just because" here are all 19833 systems plotted in interactive 3D.

Axes are 100 LY in each direction from Sol (200LY from tip to tip)

http://edstarcoordinator.com/display.html

Above file is not a serious attempt at displaying - Other commanders have done MUCH better - It's just a quick&dirty visualizer to see what the data we got "looks like".

Interesting to notice is that it seems to sorta/kinda be two overlapping spheres - and a handful or two outliers much further away than the "general mass"

I was AWOL for a week (holiday, no internet access). Currently in the process of updating the OP. Adding lots of categories. Also the new entries added with a post but which are not in the OP itself will be places there. Have received from a few commanders requests to be put in the OP. COOL. I can't hunt down every new/existing tool out there. With regards to requests: I don't discriminate, each and every request will be put in the OP. So, keep 'm coming.
    Once the OP is up to date I will post it here. New entries will FIRST be put in this thread and then (directly) copied to the OP.

Originally Posted by filth View Post (Source)
    YES this is the way. Just update this thread with new tools ;-)

Edit: Added to the OP.

Name: EDDL
    Author: Slugsie
    Description: Diary and Log application.
    Source available: No.
    Thread: Slugsies ED Diary and Log app
    Compatible with Gamma: Yes
    Comments: Actively maintained. As of version v0.7.1.0 its possible to upload data to fillth's ED:HeatMap.

Note: Added to the OP.

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast