Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: Complete list of all third party tools, spreadsheets, manuals and other data sources

Originally Posted by NoTones View Post (Source)
    "EliteOCR" by user seeebek Thread HERE

"BPC Feeder" by user Lasse B. Post HERE
    Perfect. Thanks for the links.
    I've added both to the OP.

Friday 20150424: Tool is in the WIP tool codenamed ED3PTT (see OP).
    Done by ED3PTT author biobob who created an OP importer - saved LOTS of time.

Note: I left out BPCfeeder as its obsolete now and part of EOCR.

Worked 8+ hours on it today - time to stop. OP is at 80% or so. Still 8+ tools to put in the OP. Some from this thread, some from other data sources.
    Hopefully I do the rest tomorrow or on saturday. Have quit a few threads I have to catch up on...

Let me know what you think about the new OP. Any comments/remarks/suggestions are welcomed.

+1..excellent !

This should be a sticky.

OK, did bite the bullet and decided to finish updating the OP. Hopefully in 5+ hours its done and its completely up to date.

Edit 1: All posted tools are now in the OP. Still some 6+ left to do from other data sources.
    Edit 2: Cleaned up OP further. Still missing tools.

Originally Posted by Kayweg View Post (Source)
    +1..excellent !

This should be a sticky.
    Guess what. It now IS a 'sticky'!!!
    Did contact the moderators, they all discussed it AND: "we've decided to stick the thread for the time"
    PERFECT. Now wolverine, get on with it and add those last three beauties ;-)

Again, to anyone: If you find a tool, spreadsheet, information which is not on the OP please just post it here AND I will add it to the OP.

Today I want to complete the OP with the 3+ missing tools. Also it will be rearranged a bit. In the past the list was completely alphabetical, got messed up yesterday with all the editing but will be alphabetical again. This to make sure I don't give some how the impression I like a certain tool better then another tool. I DO have preference but that is not something for the OP I think. I also want to add an "updates history" spoiler tag and a small latest updated section.

I'm not totally sure if I should put new entries on the OP and create a post simultaneously OR only update the OP. What do you commanders think? Also if you have suggestions to improve the layout of the OP and/or have suggestions for new categories or renaming existing ones I would like to hear from you. As always new tools are very much appreciated. I can't find them all on my own ;-( Just create a post in the thread and I will add them ASAP to the OP. I don't discriminate, each and every tool mentioned will be put on the OP.

Now that the thread is a sticky (for the time being) I hope it will be easier for commanders (new and seasoned) to find out about all the incredible tools which have been created by those awesome,creative,talented tool authors out there!!! You totally deserve it that others find out about your GEMS.

Originally Posted by wolverine2710 View Post (Source)
    I'm not totally sure if I should put new entries on the OP and create a post simultaneously OR only update the OP.
    The current layout is cool. You could also just link to entries from the OP. So if someone posts a new tool you just link to the post# instead of messing with the layout.

A cool addition might be a list of updates although that might be outdated already with the recent increase and changing nature of the universe. Updates might be another thing that would be cool to automatically collect like trading data.

PS: I wonder if there is a way to maybe add this to the wiki and just copy the rendered page in the WYSIWYG editor? I'm always overthinking things lol.

Originally Posted by Dejay View Post (Source)
    The current layout is cool. You could also just link to entries from the OP. So if someone posts a new tool you just link to the post# instead of messing with the layout.

A cool addition might be a list of updates although that might be outdated already with the recent increase and changing nature of the universe. Updates might be another thing that would be cool to automatically collect like trading data.

PS: I wonder if there is a way to maybe add this to the wiki and just copy the rendered page in the WYSIWYG editor? I'm always overthinking things lol.
    I intend to make the OP clean, so no links to posts I'm afraid. When I should post new links it will be in the OP format (so a simple copy/paste will do).
    An updates feature is planned.
    About what wiki are you talking?

Another OCR market solution...
    OCR for Elite Dangerous By User Bas King Thread HERE

Originally Posted by wolverine2710 View Post (Source)
    About what wiki are you talking?
    http://elite-dangerous.wikia.com

Originally Posted by NoTones View Post (Source)
    Another OCR market solution...
    OCR for Elite Dangerous By User Bas King Thread HERE
    Thanks for the information.
    Added it to the "OCR" section on the OP.

Name:
    Author: Bas King
    Description: OCR solution to get the prices of the commodities market.
    Source available: Yes.
    Thread: My attempt to write an OCR for Elite Dangerous market screenshots (Yes, it works)
    Compatible with Gamma: Yes
    Comments:

Originally Posted by Dejay View Post (Source)
    Thanks a lot. Added to the OP, section "Manuals and useful information"

Name:
    Author:
    Description: An Elite Dangerous wiki.
    Source available:
    Thread: N/A
    Comments:

Added to the OP, section "Manuals and useful information"

Name: DevStalker
    Author:
    Description: Unofficial RSS feed with FDEV posts in the FD forums.
    Website: http://www.miggy.org/games/elite-dan...-dev-posts.rss
    Source available: N/A
    Thread: N/A
    Comments: Its a RSS feed. Without a suitable RSS reader (like for example Bamboo for FireFox) you just a webpage with XML in it. Very useful if you want to keep track of what is being post by FD.

AMAZING. Friday afternoon the thread had 2,857 views - Thread started the 28th of October. Friday evening the moderators where kind enough to make it a sticky thread. Now approx 48 hours later the thread has received 5,104 views!! I guess the thread DID indeed get snowed under (all the time) in the forums ;-)

Is there any information from FDev anywhere on what is or isn't legally permissible for 3rd party tools as far as using information from ED? I don't mean data that compromises the servers, or even crowd-sourced data - I just mean basic information like the names of the commodities and/or ship outfitting equipment. Also, I'm wondering about the legality of associating a tool with ED in some fashion (say, naming it "Blankety Blank, for use with Elite Dangerous").

I'm contemplating writing an iPad app for my own use, to help me more easily and quickly assemble and manage various types of ED information I otherwise end up writing down on paper, and am wondering if it might be something I could also release for free in the iOS App Store if it proves to be useful. (But there would be no point in doing so unless I can name it in such a way as to indicate what game it is designed to be used with.)

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast