Page 170 of 198 FirstFirst ... 160166167168169170171172173174180 ... LastLast
Results 2,536 to 2,550 of 2962

Thread: Rare Commodities List!

Originally Posted by Limoncello Lizard View Post (Source)
    I wonder if you should remove Titan Black and Indi Bourbon from the list. THey haven't been available for a while and no factions are blocking them.
    Liquor is sold at Mansfield Orbiter in Epsilon Indi, so there is no reason that Indi Bourbon isn't for sale.
    Indi Bourbon started to be suppressed right at the start of my Bootlegger-challenge race in August, due to a faction change. I had some Bourbon in my hold at the time and went back to Mansfield Orbiter to check and it's illegal there (I posted a screenshot earlier in the thread).

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

I was kind of hoping that the 5th November CG was going to flip the faction back again.

I went there recently with some Eranin Pearl Whiskey in my hold, which IIRC was illicit. So maybe it is just rare goods liquor that is illegal. This seems a bit silly to me.
    I'm parked at Mansfield overnight, so I'll check on the faction %s after work.
    WANTED CRIMINAL Limoncello Lizard
    CAPITAL CRIMES Loitering, Onion Head Smuggling, Overdue Library Book
    CRIMINAL ASSOCIATES Borasetani Syndicate, Brotherhood of Terra Matter, Chapter of Isinor, Conservatives of Tiliala, Crom Silver Boys, Defence Party of Nastrond, Dukes of Jotun, Gilya Law Party, HIP 118311 Posse, Hodack Prison, LTT 198 Order, Luyten 347-14 Prison, Peregrina Aristocrats, Pi Mensae Brotherhood, Sacra Oculus, Sirius Corp, Sublime Order of Van Maanen's Star

Monkey service

Master Chefs "in the wilderness" today ("CD-33 8748" is not the source)
    Name:  Masterchefs_in_the_wilde.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  183.9 KB
    and watch in what this NPC exchange his new rares at Meredith City:

Name:  Masterchefs_exchange_in_SciResearch.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  169.2 KB

Was in an Explorer Asp and unable to convince him to share his "Chefs" or "research" ...

Finally checked the "Titan Black" situation in 17 Lyrae after the above suggestion from "Limoncello Lizard":
    So we have a successor!
    Name:  Titan_sell_out.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  280.4 KB
    Congratulations to the "MOD" status and the "Professor" in the Galnet news awhile ago.

Aganippe Rush is back on the market too.
    Name:  AR.png
Views: 54
Size:  1.01 MB
    CRIMINAL ASSOCIATES Borasetani Syndicate, Brotherhood of Terra Matter, Chapter of Isinor, Conservatives of Tiliala, Crom Silver Boys, Defence Party of Nastrond, Dukes of Jotun, Gilya Law Party, HIP 118311 Posse, Hodack Prison, LTT 198 Order, Luyten 347-14 Prison, Peregrina Aristocrats, Pi Mensae Brotherhood, Sacra Oculus, Sirius Corp, Sublime Order of Van Maanen's Star

So maybe it is just rare goods liquor that is illegal. This seems a bit silly to me.
    I agree 100% with you there.

With the exception of specific story based reasons (which should be easily available via the commodity description, the system info or a recent GalNet article the legality of the rare goods should be easy to determine based on it's commodity type. Unfortunately it's not, and it doesn't even appear to be just on a rare/non-rare basis.

For example you can load up with a hold full of the various rare narcotics (a good example as narcotics are illegal in most systems) and fly around different systems. You'll find that in some systems all of the narcotics will be illegal, but often only one or two of them are. Sometimes this is down to a story based faction reason (such as the now removed ban on Onion Head in Fed space), but it's often impossible to figure out why Tarach Spice is banned, but Wuthielo Ku Froth is legal!

Talking of which....

Originally Posted by Zoy View Post (Source)
    I collected a few illegal rares and visited Paul-Friedrichs Star & Thornycroft Penal Colony...

As expected, almost everything was illegal in PFS, but unfortunately it's an Anarchy, so no "illicit cargo" status, and I'm not sure if you would get scanned and fined in an Anarchy?

Attachment 77551

In TPC all booze was legal, so not great either

Attachment 77552

I decided to try a different approach on selecting suitable Stations - I have searched for similar criteria as before (Blackmarket, no permit etc.) but this time I have explicitly searched for Stations that claim to prohibit Liquor and Narcotics - I think this list might have better candidates

Tshang Hub in 23 Andromedae system looks very promising, they appear to prohibit the following...
    {Beer, Liquor, Narcotics, Tobacco, Wine, Combat Stabilisers, Performance Enhancers, Progenitor Cells, Imperial Slaves, Slaves, Personal Weapons, Battle Weapons, Toxic Waste, Lucan Onion Head, Wuthielo Ku Froth, Trinkets Of Hidden Fortune}
    ...which I believe will mean almost all the 'often illegal' rares too

"name","system","needs_permit","max_landing_pad_size","distance_to_star","sc_est_mins","faction","government","allegiance","state","type","has_blackmarket","has_commodities","has_refuel","has_repair","has_rearm","has_outfitting","has_shipyard","prohibited_commodities","economies"
    "Brust Vision","HIP 54692",0,"L",615,2,"Angelic Order of HIP 54692","Theocracy","Alliance","None","Coriolis Starport",1,1,1,1,1,1,1,"{Consumer Technology, Liquor, Narcotics, Tobacco, Combat Stabilisers, Imperial Slaves, Slaves, Personal Weapons, Battle Weapons, Toxic Waste, Trinkets Of Hidden Fortune}","{Agriculture}"
    "Goran Gmitrovic","Ross 788",0,"L",102,2,"Independent Ross 788 Progressive Party","Democracy","Independent","None","Coriolis Starport",1,1,1,1,1,1,1,"{Beer, Liquor, Narcotics, Tobacco, Wine, Combat Stabilisers, Performance Enhancers, Progenitor Cells, Imperial Slaves, Slaves, Personal Weapons, Battle Weapons, Toxic Waste, Trinkets Of Hidden Fortune}","{Industrial}"
    "Brookes Abyss","Ross 788",0,"L",101,2,"Independent Ross 788 Progressive Party","Democracy","Independent","None","Unknown Starport",1,1,1,1,1,1,1,"{Beer, Liquor, Narcotics, Tobacco, Wine, Combat Stabilisers, Performance Enhancers, Progenitor Cells, Imperial Slaves, Slaves, Personal Weapons, Battle Weapons, Toxic Waste, Trinkets Of Hidden Fortune}","{Industrial}"
    "Shalatula Ring","Holvandalla",0,"L",85,2,"People's Holvandalla Liberals","Democracy","Independent","None","Coriolis Starport",1,1,1,1,1,1,1,"{Beer, Liquor, Narcotics, Tobacco, Wine, Combat Stabilisers, Performance Enhancers, Progenitor Cells, Imperial Slaves, Slaves, Personal Weapons, Battle Weapons, Toxic Waste}","{Industrial}"
    "Buffett Port","AR Lacertae",0,"L",351,2,"AR Lacertae Democrats","Democracy","Federation","None","Coriolis Starport",1,1,1,1,1,1,1,"{Beer, Liquor, Narcotics, Tobacco, Wine, Combat Stabilisers, Performance Enhancers, Progenitor Cells, Imperial Slaves, Slaves, Personal Weapons, Battle Weapons, Toxic Waste, Lucan Onion Head}","{Industrial, Refinery}"
    "Savery Port","Idinda",0,"L",425,2,"Liberals of Idinda","Corporate","Independent","None","Ocellus Starport",1,1,1,1,1,1,1,"{Beer, Liquor, Narcotics, Tobacco, Wine, Combat Stabilisers, Performance Enhancers, Progenitor Cells, Imperial Slaves, Slaves, Battle Weapons, Toxic Waste, Trinkets Of Hidden Fortune}","{Industrial}"
    "Bernard Gateway","Idinda",0,"L",100,2,"Liberals of Idinda","Democracy","Federation","None","Orbis Starport",1,1,1,1,1,1,1,"{Beer, Liquor, Narcotics, Tobacco, Wine, Combat Stabilisers, Performance Enhancers, Progenitor Cells, Imperial Slaves, Slaves, Personal Weapons, Battle Weapons, Toxic Waste, Onion Head, Trinkets Of Hidden Fortune}","{Industrial}"
    "Poindexter Hub","Idinda",0,"L",99,2,"Liberals of Idinda","Democracy","Federation","None","Orbis Starport",1,1,1,1,1,1,1,"{Beer, Liquor, Narcotics, Tobacco, Wine, Combat Stabilisers, Performance Enhancers, Progenitor Cells, Imperial Slaves, Slaves, Personal Weapons, Battle Weapons, Toxic Waste, Onion Head, Trinkets Of Hidden Fortune}","{Agriculture}"
    "Tshang Hub","23 Andromedae",0,"L",345,2,"New 23 Andromedae Independents","Corporate","Federation","None","Unknown Starport",1,1,1,1,1,1,1,"{Beer, Liquor, Narcotics, Tobacco, Wine, Combat Stabilisers, Performance Enhancers, Progenitor Cells, Imperial Slaves, Slaves, Personal Weapons, Battle Weapons, Toxic Waste, Lucan Onion Head, Wuthielo Ku Froth, Trinkets Of Hidden Fortune}","{Refinery}"
    "Smith Port","Pathan",0,"L",204,2,"Pathan bridge systems","Corporate","Independent","None","Unknown Starport",1,1,1,1,1,1,1,"{Beer, Liquor, Narcotics, Tobacco, Wine, Combat Stabilisers, Performance Enhancers, Progenitor Cells, Imperial Slaves, Slaves, Battle Weapons, Toxic Waste}","{Agriculture}"

I've joined the Xelabara CG for now so had to sell my dodgy rares - I may do a bit more testing once the CG is complete
    Thanks again Zoy!

I missed this post when you first posted it, and I've been relatively quiet on the forums for a few weeks because of some real-life problems, but thanks for your help. I'm hoping to find time to load up The Nomad with lots of festive drugs and booze over the Christmas break to help make some initial plans for the 3302 Bootlegger Challenge.

I’ve been summing up the rare goods into their various commodities:
    Type Commodity No
    Chemicals Explosives 0
    Hydrogen Fuel 0
    Mineral Oil 1
    Pesticides 5
    Consumer Items Clothing 6
    Consumer Technology 18
    Domestic Appliances 1
    Foods - 3
    Animal Meat 12
    Coffee 5
    Fish 4
    Food Cartridges 2
    Fruit and Vegetables 5
    Grain 4
    Synthetic Meat 0
    Tea 6
    Industrial Materials 0
    Legal Drugs - 1
    Beer 3
    Liquor 8
    Narcotics 8
    Tobacco 3
    Wine 1
    Machinery 4
    Medicines 8
    Metals 1
    Minerals 3
    Salvage 1
    Slaves 1
    Technology 2
    Textiles Leather 5
    Natural Fabrics 1
    Synthetic Fabrics 0
    Waste - 0
    Weapons - 3
    So there are a only few commodities that aren’t currently represented:
    Type Commodity
    Chemicals Explosives
    Hydrogen Fuel
    Foods Synthetic Meat
    Industrial Materials
    Textiles Synthetic Fabrics
    Waste
    I’m not entirely sure if any of these really needs a rare good. I’d rather see more rare wines, natural fabrics and technology.

Originally Posted by Lurker View Post (Source)
    Master Chefs "in the wilderness" today ("CD-33 8748" is not the source)
    Name:  Masterchefs_in_the_wilde.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  183.9 KB
    and watch in what this NPC exchange his new rares at Meredith City:

Name:  Masterchefs_exchange_in_SciResearch.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  169.2 KB

Was in an Explorer Asp and unable to convince him to share his "Chefs" or "research" ...
    Great finds! Some rare commodities can be found on smugglers in systems near their source, its very likely the faction in Noti is blocking the rare.
    If someone comes across some you can use the price on the markets in systems around noti and see if they decrease as you get closer to confirm noti as the source
    Also any scientific research 'acquired' would be greatly appreciated by the Canonn in Bond Hub, Varati

Finally checked the "Titan Black" situation in 17 Lyrae after the above suggestion from "Limoncello Lizard":
    So we have a successor!
    Name:  Titan_sell_out.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  280.4 KB
    Congratulations to the "MOD" status and the "Professor" in the Galnet news awhile ago.
    Thanks and nice spot!
    Both for the rare and the Professor post

Aganippe Rush is back on the market too.
    Name:  AR.png
Views: 54
Size:  1.01 MB
    Nice find too!

I had no luck in Borasetani. The Pathenogenics aren't for sale at either station in the system.

Just checked out Frost Dock at Njambalba, The Personal Gifts for the Xmas CG are rare gifts. I hope they are seasonal.
    Name:  PG.png
Views: 52
Size:  1,004.1 KB

Found this rare in System: Uzumoku - Station: Sverdrup Ring - Item: Uzomoku Low-G wings(13,845 Cr)
    May well be seasonal, you know "wings" angels 'n stuff. A dunno maybe?
    It's quite a hike though 300,000ls if memory serves (been to so many in such a short time that they all blend).
    Joined the forum to make this post, so hope I'm giving enough info, and not repeating what someone else posted,
    but not on original list, so better a repeat than not at all,eh?

Originally Posted by Voidicle View Post (Source)
    Found this rare in System: Uzumoku - Station: Sverdrup Ring - Item: Uzomoku Low-G wings(13,845 Cr)
    May well be seasonal, you know "wings" angels 'n stuff. A dunno maybe?
    It's quite a hike though 300,000ls if memory serves (been to so many in such a short time that they all blend).
    Joined the forum to make this post, so hope I'm giving enough info, and not repeating what someone else posted,
    but not on original list, so better a repeat than not at all,eh?
    thanks! and welcome to these forums!

it is on the original list, though :-) "Uzumoku - Sverdrup Ring (505,300ls) - Uzumoku Low-G Wings - 8496Cr - Max Allocation 7t"

i hope they tasted fine! with that travel you qualify for mechucos tea with hypersweets from a hutton mug

found some master chefs last night
    I was doing a hostage mission in varati, target npc was flying a t-6 full of hostages and master chefs!
    I've kept one and will head to noti with it to try and confirm the system as the origin of these rares

Master Chefs found! ->Noti - Weber Gateway

Originally Posted by Patau82 View Post (Source)
    found some master chefs last night
    I was doing a hostage mission in varati, target npc was flying a t-6 full of hostages and master chefs!
    I've kept one and will head to noti with it to try and confirm the system as the origin of these rares
    No price. No picture ("master chefs" description) until yet and no result for the price triangulation?
    Or as "mod" you are no longer allowed to bring "first pictures"? May be i missed something ...
    Will hunt again for my own.

Update!
    Hunt finished ...

Name:  Masterchefs_rare.jpg
Views: 137
Size:  164.5 KB

Free available now!
    May be a failure from Frontier because clear Slavery, local Fed Faction and "Felica Winter" as Powerplay overlay. ugly, ugly ...
    Or Santa Claus has brought official Slavery for the Federation this year?

But now I get at least good meals at my longer trips.
    Had no time before, because was at the NGC 1893 (former not reachable) via the "Rift" over 10.000Ly's over Christmas. (see Explorer Forum if interested)

Salute to Monkey!

Final Update #2 selling:
    No forecast about ILLICIT CARGO possible in FED space. Noti and other not illegal. No clear rule to see.
    Profit: 23.094Cr @Empire space! Final amount for me was: 13
    Name:  Masterchefs_rare_sale.jpg
Views: 105
Size:  198.1 KB

Happy rare trading!

No price. No picture ("master chefs" description) until yet and no result for the price triangulation?
    Or as "mod" you are no longer allowed to bring "first pictures"? May be i missed something ...
    Will hunt again for my own.

Update!
    Hunt finished ...

Name:  Masterchefs_rare.jpg
Views: 137
Size:  164.5 KB

Free available now!
    May be a failure from Frontier because clear Slavery, local Fed Faction and "Felica Winter" as Powerplay overlay. ugly, ugly ...
    Or Santa Claus has brought official Slavery for the Federation this year?

But now I get at least good meals at my longer trips.
    Had no time before, because was at the NGC 1893 (former not reachable) via the "Rift" over 10.000Ly's over Christmas. (see Explorer Forum if interested)

Salute to Monkey!

Final Update #2 selling:
    No forecast about ILLICIT CARGO possible in FED space. Noti and other not illegal. No clear rule to see.
    Profit: 23.094Cr @Empire space! Final amount for me was: 13
    Name:  Masterchefs_rare_sale.jpg
Views: 105
Size:  198.1 KB

Happy rare trading!
    great job!
    got a bit busy with minor faction stuff and now I have a meta-alloy mission!

Page 170 of 198 FirstFirst ... 160166167168169170171172173174180 ... LastLast