Page 2 of 126 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: EliteOCR – Optical Character Recognition for The Commodities Market

Thanks going to test this !!

Looks great - good work & many thanks!

This is awesome. However... just downloaded version 0.3.1.1.zip and Chrome blocks - says its malicious.

Thanks for this great tool. (Will end up "re-writing" it tho for my purposes with direct link to backend )

Whats the intention of my project? Well I designed it originally as a trade finder helper (web-based written in php / ajax) which I do have working.

(I am a prof developer / systems architect in RL and wanted to do something as well, it all started with Slopeys Tool tbh but I became annoyed because his backend connection keeps breaking under load. Sorry bro if you're reading this, it is awesome and I know the amount of work you have invested, but that backend... )

Anyways - what I got so far - it is designed as a Helper not just another "trade route finder"

1) web based interface and nice gui with multiple options. (currently running in closed alpha stage testing with some friends - production will go onto AWS + RDS for scalability)
    1.1 -- dashboard with latest stats entered into the system from various sources
    1.2 -- Commodity data upload (Thanks to your ) / insertion functionality. So either updating via upload of OCR generated CSV or manually typing your data into the system (this as well allows for adding of solars / stations)
    1.3 -- Trade Profit Calculator that will render ~2k+ profitable trade-routes within less than 2sec and allows for easy and nice sorting of such. I added color codes depending on profits etc.
    1.4 -- General Information with the following
    1.4.1 --- Shipyard search -- allows you to search for ships and where to buy them. This data is currently manually provided (do not know if this data is static or changes)
    1.4.2 --- Goods Locator -- allows you to search for a commodity, such as COBALT and will return table with info on Solarsystem + Station (helps with those pesky, get me x amount of ware, missions)
    1.4.3 --- Solarsystem Information -- shows info for a selected Solarsystem -- the idea would be to eventually have screenshots of the system etc, so that people can see directly all necessary info, just like elite displays system information in Game

@TODO:: a way to figure out distances between solars, have not figured that out yet, without either manually entering data or reading memory (since Frontier despises the idea).

I might add more features but we'll see. I unfortunately have no ETA yet to allow public interaction but the sooner the better. Again the idea is not to replace something but rather add to your experience in Elite and make your stay a joyful one...

Question Oculus Compatability?

I am always on the lookout for a way to keep the rift on as much as possible, so typing or writing out trade market notes is my (and probably most other rift users) biggest headache. Is there any way to get this working with the Dk2? Screenshots on the rift show both eyes separately, but ALT+F10 screenshots take the view from only one lens (though it's still a bit distorted).

I am trying to use this with 5760x1080 screenshots. I have calibrated several times now. When I select a screenshot and click OCR the program isn't doing anything. It isn't locking up or freezing, it just isn't processing or doing anything.

Could you attach said screenshot?

Originally Posted by DullingWine View Post (Source)
    This is awesome. However... just downloaded version 0.3.1.1.zip and Chrome blocks - says its malicious.
    Chrome seems to do it sometimes. The tool was tested with virustotal by few people and proven to be clean.
    Another alternative is to run it from source with python (or make your own exe, but also requiring python and other dependencies)

Great work!
    The app is reading my screenshots perfectly.

My only issue is that the UI is quite squished up.. so I've got no chance of actually clicking on any of the text fields to edit anything.
    Any suggestions?
    [DDF]CMDR.Kesryn
    "Defending the Galaxy since 1985"

Originally Posted by Oakshios View Post (Source)
    I am trying to use this with 5760x1080 screenshots. I have calibrated several times now. When I select a screenshot and click OCR the program isn't doing anything. It isn't locking up or freezing, it just isn't processing or doing anything.
    Yes, providing the screenshot is the best way for us to troubleshoot the problem. You can convert it to png to save space if necessary.

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

Originally Posted by CmdrKesryn View Post (Source)
    Great work!
    The app is reading my screenshots perfectly.

My only issue is that the UI is quite squished up.. so I've got no chance of actually clicking on any of the text fields to edit anything.
    Any suggestions?
    Hey, send me a screenshot of the tool. I will adapt minimum hights of the widgets for the next version.

Originally Posted by Phosfurious View Post (Source)
    I am always on the lookout for a way to keep the rift on as much as possible, so typing or writing out trade market notes is my (and probably most other rift users) biggest headache. Is there any way to get this working with the Dk2? Screenshots on the rift show both eyes separately, but ALT+F10 screenshots take the view from only one lens (though it's still a bit distorted).
    I'm affraid it will be difficult to correct the distortion. Additionally every screenshot will be slightly shifted depending of your head position. There are ways to correct the distortion with OpenCV, which I already use for image processing, but this will not be my main priority atm.
    None the less you are welcome to send me such screenshots.

Originally Posted by seeebek View Post (Source)
    EliteOCR is a Python script that runs optical character recognition on screenshots of Elite: Dangerous commodities market. It is also available as a standalone application.
    Wow. This is fantastic, congratulations!

Also make sure to do good screenshots. The higher the resolution the better is the accuracy. I recommend at least 1080p.
    It always amuses me when people put that "p" at the end of "1080". All computer screen resolutions are "p".
    Cmdr Sharky, and yes that was me at the party.

Originally Posted by seeebek View Post (Source)

Hey, send me a screenshot of the tool. I will adapt minimum hights of the widgets for the next version.
    Attached.
    I'm running Windows 8.1 on a 15" Retina Macbook Pro, Screen Res is 2880x1800.

Name:  eliteOCR-screenshot.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  18.9 KB

I'm still amazed at the accuracy. Last time I played around with OCR it was bloody horrible! (That was at least 15 years ago mind...)

Below is a second screenshot with data loaded:

Name:  eliteOCR-screenshot-withdata.png
Views: 113
Size:  507.2 KB
    [DDF]CMDR.Kesryn
    "Defending the Galaxy since 1985"

I just wish it was possible to run tesseract directly in the browser without installing anything on my PC or upload to a server... (like ocrad that was was compiled to pure javascript http://antimatter15.com/ocrad.js/demo.html)

Working mostly great. OCR has a bit of trouble with distinguishing 3, 6 and 8. I suppose that's just the nature of the beast with the in-game font making it difficult.

Awesome tool.

Abraxis Cirze, author of '1001 Uses for Thrutis Cream
    .' Owner-Operator of Midgard Security & Courier Services (MSCS).

Page 2 of 126 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast