Page 4 of 126 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: EliteOCR – Optical Character Recognition for The Commodities Market

Originally Posted by DRY411S View Post (Source)
    Is it possible to run both versions of python on the same machine?
    You can run my tool as standalone exe and don't need to worry about python.

You would need to install both versions only if you run both tools from source. You can have them both at the same time. You would only have to take care what you start with which version.

The increased widget sizes have helped quite a bit, the fixed areas are now readable, but the input ones are still clipping.
    Will post another screenshot when i can find a way to print screen on this thing without an external keyboard.

You've got to stop and ask why this is even necessary. Game design anyone?

@DRY: Yes it is, I run 2.7 and 3.3 on the same machine (C:\Python27, C:\Python33), and then make sure the right one is set in PATH before you run things :-)

I opened a pull request for the neural net stuff, I added a settings checkbox as well. Currently, having people send the files to me would be a manual thing, but I'm considering whether or not to have it autoupload to AWS or something to automate the whole thing.

While seebek looks over the pull request, I'll put a link to the build here soon (will be on my fork on github), which includes the code to save out the images of the numbers shown in the program that you compare to the OCR'd numbers. This is to train a neural net, and every submission will help improve the accuracy of the numbers OCR! It simply creates a folder called nn_training_images in the same folder as where you run the EXE from. Run it for a while, and when you have 100 or so images in there, zip them up, and send em to me :-)

TLDR: version is exact same as seeebeks, except it saves out the images of the numbers along with what you said they were. Please use this version only if you want to help out and read this full post :-)

I will update this post with the link as soon as I resolve an issue between pyinstaller and Qt :-)

Originally Posted by Oakshios View Post (Source)
    I am trying to use this with 5760x1080 screenshots. I have calibrated several times now. When I select a screenshot and click OCR the program isn't doing anything. It isn't locking up or freezing, it just isn't processing or doing anything.
    Works for me at the same res... you may have to rerun the calibration..

Originally Posted by Neepster View Post (Source)
    Works for me at the same res... you may have to rerun the calibration..
    I have run the calibration more than 5 times.

I am unable to find a place to let me upload the full image. Either the size is too large or it re-sizes the image.

Imgur doesn't work?

Upload it to mega.co.nz, and paste the link :-)

Originally Posted by Oakshios View Post (Source)
    I have run the calibration more than 5 times.

I am unable to find a place to let me upload the full image. Either the size is too large or it re-sizes the image.

Originally Posted by zxctypo View Post (Source)
    Imgur doesn't work?

Upload it to mega.co.nz, and paste the link :-)

Imgur told me it was larger than 10mb

https://mega.co.nz/#!mNgmyZqL!fm3Am-...nCQRNfX9Ul_f4Q

Any chance this could be hosted as a release on your Github as well? SF is down and I am unable to get the updated standalone.

Originally Posted by jayce1996 View Post (Source)
    Sure, I get that, I could use MSpaint to manually crop stuff before feeding it in, but it would have to be re-calibrated every time due to human error in the cropping, I was thinking more what seeebek suggested, something inside the app itself to automatically crop in RAM. I'd make the amend myself, only I can't work out how to work with the graphics libraries being used.
    With ImageMagick you may crop your screenshots on the command line, cutting the exactly same part from your screenshots without manually selecting it, so the remaining part will be the same every time. No need to recalibrate EliteOCR then. In Linux Bash I would use something similar to (out of the hips shot):

Code:
    cd /your/screen/shot/dir
    for i in Screenshot* ; do
    o=`basename $i ".bmp"
    convert -crop 2000x1050+1520+0 $i cropped.$o.bmp
    done
    And yes, there are several graphics libs that will do this. ImageMagick is the one in my mind because I used it earlier. And it would be easier if EliteOCR would crop the screenshots, so maybe just wait a bit.

Originally Posted by Astardes View Post (Source)
    You've got to stop and ask why this is even necessary. Game design anyone?
    Agreed.
    I know FD requested people not write programs to interact with the game in any way, but these workarounds just accomplish the same thing, although requiring a bit more work.
    Seems a bit bizarre.

Quick question for those with wide resolutions. How long does a single shot take to process? SF is back and I was able to get the newest version. The "OCR is processing" window has been up for about 5 min for a single screenshot. Is this normal?

Originally Posted by bollwerk View Post (Source)
    Agreed.
    I know FD requested people not write programs to interact with the game in any way, but these workarounds just accomplish the same thing, although requiring a bit more work.
    Seems a bit bizarre.
    I was only because those programs caused crashes and other buggy behavior in Elite client. They want to support these external programs and will do API for them at some point.

Originally Posted by Michael Brookes View Post (Source)
    We will be improving the security of the trading part of the game in the same we have for other areas of the game.

We faced a couple of issues with the various tools. One is that we have to be careful of seeming to allow tools that plug in or modify the game, especially as we've already had to deal with bugs arising from some of these actions.

Providing an external API is something we'd like to support in the future.

Michael

Originally Posted by Michael Brookes View Post (Source)
    We don't see the existense of an API as an issue. It's just a question of dev priorities and support bandwidth. We'll look into it more once the initial version of the game is released.

Edit: We'd also need to determine what available would be available from the API.

Michael

Seems that wide resolutions will work once but will not do batches and won't work twice without restarting the app. I have a 5760x1080 (3 monitors) set up and it will do 1 at a time (closing the app each time) but won't batch process and won't let me do a second file without closing it and running it again.

Takes about 15-30 seconds on my i3770 BTW (when it doesnt lock up).

BTW, I confirmed this is due to the widescreen format by cutting down 3 of the images and running the tool on all 3 files simultaenously. It worked (not well since my manual cuts were not all at the same point) but it worked.

Page 4 of 126 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast