Page 5 of 126 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: EliteOCR – Optical Character Recognition for The Commodities Market

Originally Posted by Neepster View Post (Source)
    Seems that wide resolutions will work once but will not do batches and won't work twice without restarting the app. I have a 5760x1080 (3 monitors) set up and it will do 1 at a time (closing the app each time) but won't batch process and won't let me do a second file without closing it and running it again.

Takes about 15-30 seconds on my i3770 BTW (when it doesnt lock up).

BTW, I confirmed this is due to the widescreen format by cutting down 3 of the images and running the tool on all 3 files simultaenously. It worked (not well since my manual cuts were not all at the same point) but it worked.
    Do you just do the configuration the first time and it saves from then on or do you have to reconfigure each time?

Edit:
    Thank you for noting this. I was trying to configure each time thinking it wasn't working. What was really happening was as you described. I was using the first process, but I was using it with the configuration process.

Originally Posted by Oakshios View Post (Source)
    Do you just do the configuration the first time and it saves from then on or do you have to reconfigure each time?

Edit:
    Thank you for noting this. I was trying to configure each time thinking it wasn't working. What was really happening was as you described. I was using the first process, but I was using it with the configuration process.
    I do NOT reconfigure each time... just the first time I ran it (and when I tested the cut down versions). Basically any time you change the resolution or are unsatified with the results then reconfigure.

Would be nice if the author could determine the cause of this... wonder if its memory related... as far as the app not requesting enough memory or something.

Originally Posted by Neepster View Post (Source)
    I do NOT reconfigure each time... just the first time I ran it (and when I tested the cut down versions). Basically any time you change the resolution or are unsatified with the results then reconfigure.

Would be nice if the author could determine the cause of this... wonder if its memory related... as far as the app not requesting enough memory or something.

I figured that after giving it a shot. I was reconfiguring each time. That was using the 1 chance I had to get a screen to process. That is why it never worked for me. I can confirm the issue you described, regarding triple wide resolutions. Now that I can process them. Even if it is one at a time/1 each restart.

If you guys want to do batch cropping of 5760*1080 screenshots, use IrfanView, go to File -> Batch Conversion, click Advanced, enter values for X-pos, Y-pos, Width and Height (likely to be 1921, 0, 1920 and 1080), click OK and select the screenshots you want processed as well as a destination directory. Start Batch starts the mass-cropping.

I will release version 0.3.1.3 today evening (European time). Changes for now: cropping of very long images to prevent memory errors and reading system names from logs.
    I hope you can wait until then.
    Big thanks to Oakshios for the screenshot.

Originally Posted by Astardes View Post (Source)
    You've got to stop and ask why this is even necessary. Game design anyone?
    Very true, I think.

I recently ticketed:
    "Add buy/sell prices from last few(?) actually visited **Stations** to the Commodities View"
    .) would make the online tools / scrapers etc. meaningless or at least less tempting
    .) would provide a tool for traders embedded into game-world
    .) allowing to view the trade data of stations **visited** recently forces players to actually visit the stations
    .) it could even be a ships computer extension sold at stations as "memory extension"?

Originally Posted by sernana View Post (Source)
    .) it could even be a ships computer extension sold at stations as "memory extension"?
    Not if it takes up a valuable equipment slot, which would be similarly unreal as the docking computer is. The ship already has a computer, which likely has disk space and RAM (and is tied into all kinds of ship systems, including thrusters, as the flight assist shows). Both the docking computer and the trading computer have to be just software, meaning the computer can be upgraded as is without wasting any equipment slots. If however FD choose at one point to make another tab in the outfitter specifically for computer software updates, then by all means go for it.

Sure, it could be
    .) The Computer of the Ship has a defined number of "Extension-Slots" / "Cartridge-Slots" similar to the hard-points, the number of those varying with ships type
    .) In the ship yard choose cartridges:
    - more reliable tracking of targets?
    - better control of the blue-area when in super-cruise?
    - market prices from the last few stations?
    - computer voice changes?

I'd love to see:
    - gravity field tracking software "GFTS" (r) overlaying the screen with the optimal/fastest "tunnel" (wireframe? or heatmap? or similar to the intradiction gauge?) to target for travels in super cruise;
    allowing for **super high speed** travels when IN the tunnel (due to feedback computer speed and navi controls), with significant slow down when falling out of it
    and different levels of the software could overlay longer parts of the tunnel so navigating in it is made easier with level,
    which is important as "I heard" those gravity fields tend to fluctuate/jiggle due to not yet discovered causes...

Cheers

New version is out. It should solve the problems with very long screenshots. Also it adds system name from log files.

Doesn't seem to save my custom E:D installation path. I point it to F:\Games\Elite Dangerous\Products\FORC-FDEV-D-1001\Logs, then nothing happens. When I try to start EliteOCR again, it wants me to pick the path again.

yep there is a problem with custom installation paths. I will quickly fix this.

Edit:
    I had a typo which discriminated people with custom installation location. ;-)
    Fixed version is available to download. It has the same number.

Originally Posted by Lasse B. View Post (Source)
    Ok, here's the feeder that feeds EliteOCR data from its .csv files into Slopey's BPC:
    http://lbsoftware.bplaced.net/misc/BPC_feeder.zip
    Source code is included.

bpc feeder.ini contains a couple of entries that you'll likely need to change

test mode (0 or 1)
    if set to 1, display a table for you to compare entries made into BPC against what the feeder pulled out of EliteOCR's .csv files. Make sure the entries in BPC match those in the table.
    if set to 0, sends entries made into BPC to the BPC server (which seems to take quite a bit of time)

input delay (milliseconds)
    defines how long a button is held down as well as the delay between button presses when entering data into BPC. Increase this in case you find errors in the data entered into BPC as part of the test runs.

EliteOCR CSV path
    where EliteOCR puts its .csv files.

When data has been entered into BPC and test mode is disabled, the feeder will save EliteOCR's .csv files in the "backup CSVs" subdirectory in the folder that holds the feeder.

Changelog (last change 04.12.2014 7:30pm GMT):

04.12.2014 7:30pm GMT

• updated the feeder to work with the latest version of BPC

03.12.2014 7:00pm GMT

• as it won't work properly without admin rights, it now asks to be granted these when launched

03.12.2014 4:20pm GMT

• looks for .csv files rather than expecting these files in the same directory EliteOCR.exe is in
    • fixed a typo that may have cause the station name to be entered into the commodity field instead
    • displaying status messages in the upper left corner of the screen

• minor update to prevent the "Add Commod Prices" window from opening when there are no .csv files to process.

Well, when I ran this it deleted everything from my downloads folder....

Originally Posted by -zalamander- View Post (Source)
    I was only because those programs caused crashes and other buggy behavior in Elite client. They want to support these external programs and will do API for them at some point.
    The API is probably there I would say (IOS app) and comments about UC web servers load etc etc., they probably just don't want to open up some form of public (probably authenticated) soap/json/xml interface just yet until the server code is a little more stable.

However, surely game design(ers) should take what the community are doing as signs of where they need to improve their design and eventually implement (some of) the features that the community have been creating externally into the actual integral game design (as has happened with plugins in other games such as WoW/Rift/Lotro .....). Staying true to the original Elite does indeed mean the game should come with a pencil/rubber and paper notebook, but since we are 30yrs down the line, I think there should be other options!

Originally Posted by Mack View Post (Source)
    The API is probably there I would say (IOS app) and comments about UC web servers load etc etc., they probably just don't want to open up some form of public (probably authenticated) soap/json/xml interface just yet until the server code is a little more stable.

However, surely game design(ers) should take what the community are doing as signs of where they need to improve their design and eventually implement (some of) the features that the community have been creating externally into the actual integral game design (as has happened with plugins in other games such as WoW/Rift/Lotro .....). Staying true to the original Elite does indeed mean the game should come with a pencil/rubber and paper notebook, but since we are 30yrs down the line, I think there should be other options!
    Yes, I'm going OT. I think FD is swamped with work and don't have the time to create a public API - with nerfed data. The API used by the iOS returns a JSON structure which has LOTS of internal data - which they don't want us to see. Lots of extra market info like min/max prices and far more. I've looked at it and getting that data is pretty trivial. Security by obscurity: it NEVER works. When opening a commodities market ED receives from the server the prices, they could simply dump that to a file - which can then be processed by third trading party tools, send to EDDN/EMDN etc. That would not cost extra cpu and bandwidth on the FD servers side. When trading tools got popular commanders told us, wait for the ingame tools. Sadly they have not surfaced - and as lots of commanders have noticed they currently are working suboptimal reliable. Hoping the OCR-ing takes off and we at least have the prices data.... I do NOT think that in the first months of 2015 we will have an API ;-( Not one that we can LEGALLY use anyway. The API and its info is out there but its verboten to use........ Makes me sad.

Thanks for the tool! Works very well so far.

Is it necessary to rerun the Calibration for each new station you enter, or is once enough? I've been calibrating for each station.

Page 5 of 126 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast