Page 6 of 126 FirstFirst ... 4567811 ... LastLast

Thread: EliteOCR Optical Character Recognition for The Commodities Market

Originally Posted by enormous View Post (Source)
    Thanks for the tool! Works very well so far.

Is it necessary to rerun the Calibration for each new station you enter, or is once enough? I've been calibrating for each station.
    Short answer: if you always do your screenshots with the same resolution, you only need to do it once but properly.

Long answer is: you need to calibrate once per aspect ratio of the screenshot. if you keep resolution of for example 1920x1080 and then switch to 1920x1200, you will have to redo it.
    If you do screenshot with 1920x1080 and increase resolution to 2717x1527 the aspect ratio stays the same, so recalibration is not really necessary.

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

Originally Posted by Cirrus View Post (Source)
    Well, when I ran this it deleted everything from my downloads folder....
    Well it wasn't this tool but Slopeys BPC. He had a bug in his installer. Read this:
    https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=53037&page=89

Originally Posted by Abraxis View Post (Source)
    Working mostly great. OCR has a bit of trouble with distinguishing 3, 6 and 8. I suppose that's just the nature of the beast with the in-game font making it difficult.

Awesome tool.
    Hey Abraxis, I have similar issues but for me it is 6,8 and 9 that gets mucked about. I found that disabling the gui effects in ED Graphic options improved my accuracy no end when running at 1080p.

seeebek, awesome. Just awesome. I only wish I could export the table horizontally instead of vertically but this save my typing fingers.

have a +1

Originally Posted by seeebek View Post (Source)
    Short answer: if you always do your screenshots with the same resolution, you only need to do it once but properly.

Long answer is: you need to calibrate once per aspect ratio of the screenshot. if you keep resolution of for example 1920x1080 and then switch to 1920x1200, you will have to redo it.
    If you do screenshot with 1920x1080 and increase resolution to 2717x1527 the aspect ratio stays the same, so recalibration is not really necessary.

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

Well it wasn't this tool but Slopeys BPC. He had a bug in his installer. Read this:
    https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...=53037&page=89
    Ok.thanks. read the thread and see that some others have had the same problem. Never had an issue with pbc before so assumed it was ok. My apologies to the creator of the programme. .

Originally Posted by Metamartian View Post (Source)
    Hey Abraxis, I have similar issues but for me it is 6,8 and 9 that gets mucked about. I found that disabling the gui effects in ED Graphic options improved my accuracy no end when running at 1080p.

seeebek, awesome. Just awesome. I only wish I could export the table horizontally instead of vertically but this save my typing fingers.

have a +1
    Thanks a lot.

I will add "horizontal" export to my TODO for the next version.

It will have plugin support and possibly already machine learning(written by zxctypo). This will will drastically increase accuracy and should get better the more you use it.

Thanks for your work on this! Will check out the update asap. My issue is that Chrome is tagging this version as malicious (from both download locations). All previous versions downloaded without issue on Chrome.

possibly already machine learning(written by zxctypo). This will will drastically increase accuracy and should get better the more you use it.
    This is awesome. Great tool, time to put the pen and paper away Really great addition to the set of tools for E

I am working on it! I've been super busy lately, but I am hoping to have it complete by tomorrow evening. I just need more training data :-)

Originally Posted by Metamartian View Post (Source)

have a +1
    Great idea, I'll give that a try.

Looking forward to seeing this tool improve. Awesome work so far, seeebek.

Originally Posted by Mack View Post (Source)
    The API is probably there I would say (IOS app) and comments about UC web servers load etc etc., they probably just don't want to open up some form of public (probably authenticated) soap/json/xml interface just yet until the server code is a little more stable.

However, surely game design(ers) should take what the community are doing as signs of where they need to improve their design and eventually implement (some of) the features that the community have been creating externally into the actual integral game design (as has happened with plugins in other games such as WoW/Rift/Lotro .....). Staying true to the original Elite does indeed mean the game should come with a pencil/rubber and paper notebook, but since we are 30yrs down the line, I think there should be other options!
    Once EDDN is up and running, ED should not even consider an API. They should just feed the data directly to the firehose, making any server load on their end of no consequence.

Originally Posted by Mack View Post (Source)
    However, surely game design(ers) should take what the community are doing as signs of where they need to improve their design and eventually implement (some of) the features that the community have been creating externally into the actual integral game design (as has happened with plugins in other games such as WoW/Rift/Lotro .....). Staying true to the original Elite does indeed mean the game should come with a pencil/rubber and paper notebook, but since we are 30yrs down the line, I think there should be other options!
    I agree Mack. I'd always assumed that the trade tools would be a alpha/early beta thing only and they would only fill a gap while the in-game tools were fleshed out. Considering how popular they've been I had hopped that it would be a big flag to the devs that the in-game stuff needed work. They're finally getting to work on to the trade tools but they still need a lot of work. I'm still hoping in time that tools like mine and Slopeys wont be needed.

I've been messing with tesseract and GDI+ in C++, and I know OCR is hard. Good work seeebek!

Originally Posted by Astardes View Post (Source)
    You've got to stop and ask why this is even necessary. Game design anyone?

New version is out. It should solve the problems with very long screenshots. Also it adds system name from log files.
    New version works great! Thanks for the quick fixes!

You may want to take a look at the work that this guy did...

http://www.reddit.com/r/EliteDangero...y_screen_grab/

Nice tool, I'll have to give it a try later.

Now we just need a tool to OCR the galaxy map when you click a world a long way off and either write down all waypoints on the path to it. Or even better, will lock and jump you automagically from each to the next until you get to your destination.

Great timesaver!

Page 6 of 126 FirstFirst ... 4567811 ... LastLast