Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Download the Elite: Dangerous Launcher directly here

Creating a thread for my predicament did nothing, so maybe posting here will do something.

"I Pre-Ordered the Mercenary Edition of Elite Dangerous on Thursday December 5th. I have downloaded the launcher 16 times, I can't download the free Single Player Combat Demo I was told I would receive, and when I try to log into the launcher, it say I have "Invalid Credentials." Not only that, but of the products in my "My Downloadable Products" page, "Elite Dangerous - Mercenary Edition" is unable to download. The release date switches from "Coming 2014" to "December 16th", with the download icon grayed out. I placed a support ticket over a week ago and have received no response. If it is simply a matter of Frontier dealing with so many orders that they haven't gotten to me yet, then I suppose that makes some sense, but my patience is wearing thin. I've looked everywhere and have found nothing of use to help my predicament, so I've basically lost all hope of playing the game I paid $50 for. If it matters, my email on the Elite Dangerous Store is the same as the email I use for the Forums. Any help with getting my game working is greatly appreciated."

Edit: Ticket #00000006260 SKU(If this helps at all): FORC-FDEV-D-1003

Ticket #00000013481

I bought the game about 2 weeks ago (order completed on 23.12.2014), noticed the problem ("You do not have access to Elite: Dangerous.")
    and opened a ticket immediately.
    I didn't get any response.

Same here, I pre-ordered Elite on 15th December, after 2 attempts payment went through OK, but when I tried to run it it said the same "You do not have access to Elite"
    I tried all the things on the forum (wait various times to enter the code, reset my password etc) but no luck. This was on XP.
    I raised a ticket on 23rd December, #00000013246, and got 1 reply of the obvious points but had no response since my re-reply to the ticket which was 1 Jan, in fact I've replied twice but the ticket status still says "Waiting for user reply"!
    I've rebuilt my PC last week and now is Windows 7, so tried to run as Admin, install in C:\Frontier folder etc, etc but still no joy.
    Double checked my account and I still have the bulletin note of "If you have pre-ordered the Elite: Dangerous Mercenary Edition, your order is now complete and the game is available to download — the ‘Pre-order’ status shown below is incorrect." but on checking my Downloadable Products and it doesn't appear there, just a pegi certificate link!

Like I put in my ticket, I'm convinced its something to do with my account and Frontier think I've not bought it even though the money went out of my account, but I'm still waiting for a reply!

Addition! Just found this on the FAQ Support site: "You Do Not Have Access To Elite: Dangerous - You have not ordered the game or your order has not come through correctly."

I understand that they're snowed under but they've massively underestimated support. I've also posted this on the Frontier Customers Action Group thread as well!!
    As much as I'm annoyed I just want to play the game, I'm getting my HOTAS joystick next week, I need it to work then!!

Got the game with my pre-order, but when my wife downloaded it for me, I have none of the promised extras. It is not the 'Merc' edition. How can I update it to that edition?

When I try to launch Elite Dangerous nothing happens but a black screen! Does this mean I have the Merc edition?

OK C'MON FD THIS IS A BL@@DY JOKE, THIS FORUM AND THIS PROBLEM SHOULD BE YOUR PRIORITY!!! AFTER THE FIRST PAGE DEV IS OFF HIDING IN THE CORNER BY LOOKS OF THINGS.
    I HAVE A FRIEND SAME PROBLEM HES BEEN WAITING AS LONG AS MOST OF THESE GUYS ABOVE. NO RESPONSE. NO MAIL, WHAT IS IT YOU GOT YOU MONEY SO WHO CARES, "F YOU AND HAVE A NICE DAY"? IM REALLY SURPRISED YOU GUYS WOULD TAKE THIS APPROACH, OR IS IT A MINORITY THING?
    ILL OPEN UP AN E-BAY ACCOUNT WHERE FD CAN BUY JARS OF AIR FOR 50$ THEN PAY BACK YOU CUSTOMERS FOR YOU WITH THE PROCEEDS, BUT ILL FART IN THE JARS TO SHOW YOU HOW IT FEELS FOR ALL THESE PEOPLE.

on a different note the game is great little lacking on things to do though without more content for 4 billion systems i see it lasting 12-24mths before boredom kicks in i hope you have player to player (fleets, wingmaning, and general team play to it will boost this game for a long time in itself) also paint jobs for large class ships im over the may white clipper already more decals would be good too. empire decal, fed etc,

so i bought the game on the 12/12/14 same issue i can download the game, enter the code in and it tells "You Do Not Have Access To Elite: Dangerous" i check my order and its processing my pre order! ive put in multible tickets no response... i even put a ticket to refund and still hasnt gotten back to me on that ticket either! if people are still having this issue id say either refund us or compensate us with credit in game!

Not sure if this is exactly the same problem, but I've also emailed support.

I should have the following:

Access to the private backer’s discussion forum.
    Explorer: Have the option to start on the edge of explored space with a long range version of the Cobra Mk III and 3,000 CR (randomised system choice for multiplayer reasons).
    DRM-free boxed edition of "Elite: Dangerous".
    Independent Trader: Have the option to start in the Lave system with a basic Cobra Mk III and only 100 CR.
    Participate in the second round private beta test.
    Download a digital copy of the “Elite: Dangerous” music.
    Pirate: Have the option to start in an anarchic Frontier system with a stolen but upgraded Cobra Mk III and only 100 CR (randomised system choice for multiplayer reasons).
    Your name forms part of the naming database (so your name will be one of those used randomly for non-player in-game characters).
    Federal Trader: Have the option to start in a Federal border system with a basic Cobra Mk III loaded with cargo worth 1,000 CR and 1,000 CR in cash (randomised system choice for multiplayer reasons).
    Download a digital copy of the official sequel to “The Dark Wheel” novel.
    Imperial Bounty Hunter: Have the option to start in an Imperial Colony with an Imperial Eagle Mk II Fighter with upgraded weapons and shields and 1,000 CR (randomised start system choice for multiplayer reasons).
    Receive a digital copy of the game and 500 credits when starting a new game.
    Reserve your Commander name in the game (first come, first served, except Jameson).
    Receive the digital newsletter and progress updates.
    Be an Elite supporter, and get a digital code when the game is released to apply a transferrable decal to your ship, unique to you, the game’s backers.

however, when I start a new game all I see is the sidewinder, 1000cr, and the Eagle at another station. However, I am supposed to be able to choose which ship out of the several mentioned in my rewards. I would love the explorer Cobra, if I could have my choice.

Hoping to have this resolved soon!

finally my mate got an e-mail back

(We are currently receiving a high volume of enquiries and a resolution to your situation may have a delay.
    Rest assured that we are working as quickly as we can to get back to everyone contacting us and we will get back to you to help with your situation.

over a month now looking like he got ripped off, sorry guys i feel for yous i really do i wish i could help you all

silly question but

how can you submit the support as It wants me to give them my game version but..I haven't installed It so I don't know where to look

Originally Posted by JackDamian View Post (Source)
    how can you submit the support as It wants me to give them my game version but..I haven't installed It so I don't know where to look
    Just put 1.1 as the version if it's the version you want to install.

Thank you

Originally Posted by wilkie79 View Post (Source)
    Just put 1.1 as the version if it's the version you want to install.
    That Solved my Problem Thank you very much

Do not have access to Elite Dangerous

Yeah so I am getting the same message even though it shows as the order being completed on the elite store account page. Not to mention they took my money...has anyone else
    had this issue? I have been trying to buy this game for 2 days now, I am surprised it is this difficult to simply purchase and play the game. I wish there was a way to get a physical disk at least.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345