Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Thargoids will be in the initial release

If you read some of the history, it was thought Thargoids weren't in FE2 and FFE because they had suffered a heavy defeat and withdrawn back to their homeworld/s. Maybe in E: D that'll be where you'll find them.

Originally Posted by Jenner View Post (Source)
    The all female thing was very intriguing. Maybe I can get my inner Captain Kirk on?
    Before you get all Captain Kirk and try to show the Thargoids "this strange human emotion called love" , it might be worth remembering that some have described the Thargoids as being mantis like

Watch this before trying to seduce a Thargoid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYp_Xi4AtAQ

Originally Posted by Magma View Post (Source)
    Perhaps the males are parasitic like in deep sea angler fish, they fuse with the female's body and become little more than vestigial stumps.

Or maybe there are no males because once they've served their purpose they're just so much extra protein?
    That feels strangely familiar.

4. This is the last staff post in this thread. #19
    Thargoids are in the initial release, but only as encounters, we'll be doing something far more with them in a future release.

Michael

Originally Posted by Michael Brookes View Post (Source)
    Thargoids are in the initial release, but only as encounters, we'll be doing something far more with them soon.

Michael
    Fixed it for you.

Thargoids are in the initial release, but only as encounters, we'll be doing something far more with them in a future release.

Michael
    I smell the scent of Invasion? am off to hide behind an asteroid till its over

Originally Posted by Darren Grey View Post (Source)
    It was mentioned before in one of the fiction videos. In particular it was revealed that Thargoids are all female.

I'm still not entirely sure what that really means, since if there's only one gender it essentially makes it a genderless species.
    Can you remember where he said that? Is it possible he said that all the Thargoids we encounter are female?

Maybe there's a King Thargoid that sits in a massive star hive whose only job it is to service female birthing Thargoids.

It actually says in the Journals in FFE that the Thargoids are all female and insectoid with hive queens with intelligence and then drones.

It also mentions that there are different types and sizes of them - possibly different stages of development.

So its not a new revelation.

Originally Posted by Michael Brookes

Thargoids are in the initial release, but only as encounters, we'll be doing something far more with them soon.

Michael
    Originally Posted by Alien View Post (Source)
    Fixed it for you.

Soon? How about getting the game out first

Michael
    I think you just confirmed that there will be some sort of Thargoid ships in the initial release. (Someone update the ships list).

Looking forward to seeing this one, and it's one I'm willing to wait for. Much better to see it for the first time in-game.

The Thargoid ship model existed in Frontier. You sometimes saw them on the ground in the middle of Imperial bases during photo recon missions (presumably Fed bases too, though since I only did missions against the Empire, I don't know)

I used to like to imagine that the Empire were excavating buried wrecks - like the Shadow vessel found on Mars in B5.

Our time will come!

Oh and incidently... we are all female?

I get the felling thargoids= ants/locus and the few male's are few and only there to fertilize the Queen thargoid. and the quenn preping tousans of thargoid eggs for next swarm.

But its all second hand info and fantasy running rampant, it be fun to see what frontier devs come's up whit in the end.

This sound reminicent of the upcoming film "Ender's game". Pretty much a common Sci-fi theme (based on Ant colonies or termites).

Originally Posted by Thargon View Post (Source)
    This sound reminicent of the upcoming film "Ender's game". Pretty much a common Sci-fi theme (based on Ant colonies or termites).
    "Do you want to know more?"

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast