Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Meet the Team #10- Jose Castro (Sound Designer)

Thank you for a very insightful interview, the level of detail that is being considered for the audioscape is truly awe inspiring. I am sure I am going to be humming along to the common sounds and music in years to come

Originally Posted by Cosmos View Post (Source)
    What this highlights for me is how the sounds in games are one of those elements we all take for granted yet are such a huge and important part of the experience.
    Indeed. For Oblivion, I created a mod that stopped the music playing once a track had finished. It then waited for an event before starting a new one. It allowed me to listen to the soundscape created for the game.

And it was AWESOME!
    https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-HEfcYHPA0Sk/U42VxCH9NeI/AAAAAAAAATo/7rJiknpa0Zo/w600-h120-no/Oss133Sig.jpg

An excellent interview. Sound is something which we all too often think of as a minor function in a game but I am absolutely amazed at the attention to detail that FD are putting into the sound effects.

It just gets better.....

Great interview, thank you!

(That is one thick wallet, bet you are popular down the pub!)

Good interview - nice to read about Jose as sound is very important to me too.

The score video' at the point when the 4th ship is blown up and the others bank left you can hear the engines firing .... My favourite part of the entire clip.

Welcome Jose - sure you will not let us down

Originally Posted by withnail View Post (Source)
    Great interview, thank you!

(That is one thick wallet, bet you are popular down the pub!)
    Without wishing to suggest that Jose is anything other than generous, a thick wallet is usually the sign of someone who doesn't go to the pub or, if they do, they don't ever get a round in....

Originally Posted by Pete Clements View Post (Source)
    ref the ship sound effects, loved, LOVED this comment!
    "think Nostromo starting up"
    +1

Great interview!
    You're doing great and very important work! Good sound design really gives reality to the visuals!

question:
    Jose, in which space sims do you like sound design more (Freespace, Freelancer, Wing Commander, any Star Wars sims if played)?

What sounds do you like to synthesize more, natural or technological?

Excellent interview

Fer De Lance a choice by nature

Great interview. Really detailed explanation of an element of the game I was particularly concerned about. Convinces me entirely.
    Designer of multiple worlds - Elite Dangerous Official Fiction (Concept Writer, Official Author), Chaos Reborn (World Designer, Official Author) and the Wisimir Tales (Author)
    Lave Radio co-host.
    Now writing lore for the Elite Dangerous Roleplaying game. Find my new official EDRPG story, The Unexpected Guest
    British Fantasy Society Journal Editor. Zombie Expert for Total Film and SFX Magazine.
    http://www.allenstroud.com

11. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #26
    Originally Posted by oss133 View Post (Source)
    I am almost looking forward to the interview that suggests FD don't know what they are doing.
    I tried but David censored me...
    You know what they say about mud-wrestling a pig...

Originally Posted by Ben Parry View Post (Source)
    I tried but David censored me...
    Aha so you're the amateur in the house... Do you have to ask permission to use the Hot water tap in the kitchen or have you graduated further?

13. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #28
    Originally Posted by MikeSnos View Post (Source)
    Aha so you're the amateur in the house... Do you have to ask permission to use the Hot water tap in the kitchen or have you graduated further?
    Amateur? Pssh. Whistleblower more like. We're all basically monkeys in masks. Ashley's good at photomanipulation, just blurs away the fur and comps in a desk etc.
    You know what they say about mud-wrestling a pig...

Ben,

I just wanted to say that I have been a fan of your chosen role since I first saw your signature!
    (Credit for the image goes to Moozipan)
    Commander Reighdar One man. One ship. One galaxy.

@BenParry

I just noticed the spacecraft in your sig. Is that a station or a ship? If it's a ship and you are loading it with cargo, do you put the milk in first or last? No pressure but please know that if you get this wrong I will lose all faith in FD to do this game justice.

Just askin'
    Originally Posted by Ben Parry View Post (Source)
    Controversially I do not have the patience for hot drinks. I don't even own a kettle.
    (above statements are personal opinions and do not represent the position of Frontier Developments)
    Nicely dodged. Of course, the answer was C. You never put milk in there. I still want one though.
    Originally Posted by Ian Phillips View Post (Source)
    Ben,

I just wanted to say that I have been a fan of your chosen role since I first saw your signature!
    Me too, Ian, but unfortunately you can't believe everything you see. It's another FD conspiracy.
    https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-HEfcYHPA0Sk/U42VxCH9NeI/AAAAAAAAATo/7rJiknpa0Zo/w600-h120-no/Oss133Sig.jpg

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast