Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Meet the Team #10- Jose Castro (Sound Designer)

Great interview you are indeed the KING Slayer of Audio!

erm something else popped into my mind... sorry Jose..

Originally Posted by oss133 View Post (Source)
    Me too, Ian, but unfortunately you can't believe everything you see. It's another FD conspiracy.
    Speaking of conspiracies, I just found this,

FD Conspiracy Proved!

Yes, it's a Bed & Breakfast in Cambridge.

BUT it's at number 51 in the Cambridge area.

Area. 51. Cambridge.

OMG this is so totally a blindingly obvious piece of evidence that FD are totally up to their necks in totally conspiratorial type things.

Fantastic interviews.................... and he has his own office.............

:)

Great interview. Thanks for all your hard work.

Great interview,

I've always been interested in sound in games (and film), I don't think that overlooked is a fair assessment, more that it's acknowledged at a subliminal level. If the sound (and music) is right, it adds so much to the experience, without me even realising it.

I think we're in good hands, thank you Jose :)

I love the fact that there's not just one artificial noise generator, but two. And one of them can pick up the sound of pulsars! That's the kind of detail that will make this new Elite special in my, erm... ears.

Great interview as usual. When I listen to what he says, I say to myself : "With Jose, we are assured of a high quality work."

• there's a myriad of elements that we can work within this inner space, all of which can be reactive to meaningful parameters to the point that an experienced pilot should know the state of the spaceship just by listening to it.

• and my long term goal is that the pilot can intuitively have a feel of a particular ship, a grasp of how good it is and how well it is behaving, by listening alone.

• and in the long run, if a player turns the ship on, hears the start-up sequence and feels a sense of familiarity, that will make me really happy!

Thanks Ashley and Jose :) Great interview :D
    I can't stand hearing all sounds in ED :)

Another roguelike fan! Woohoo!

Just how many roguelike fans are there at FD?!

Great stuff! Really like that about a radio that passively tunes to frequencies. I like good old radio, yes I'm old and conservative. Everything shouldn't be digital! :)

Originally Posted by psykokow View Post (Source)
    erm something else popped into my mind... sorry Jose..

rofl..

Thanks for the interesting and informative interview.

I think the "audio HUD" mechanic is a pretty darn clever way of solving the realism/game balance, and will hopefully lead to a superbly believable and immersive experience.

A few questions if that's OK:

Will there be 3D positional audio?

Will the different classes and makes of vessel have their own individual startup sounds and ambience? For instance, will sitting in a small beaten up fighter sound distinctly different to a nicer vessel (like the difference between a F16 and a luxury Learjet or perhaps a Ford and a Rolls-Royce)?

Oh, and what's your favourite weapons effect so far? :D

An excellent interview. As I mentioned earlier, I enjoyed it immensely.

But I have some extra sound questions for Jose;

1. What is the sound of 1 hand of cards?

2. If a tree falls in the forest and there is no-one there to hear it, is the cat dead or alive?

3. Which is best; Plymouth Sound or Calf Sound?

4. Does the phrase "sound as a pound" actually increase your credit limit?

That is all.

Excellent interview. Very informative and exciting stuff! Thanks Jose.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast