Page 11 of 45 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Minimum Specs for Alpha Test

Aaaa!

Originally Posted by Rogehans View Post (Source)
    I would go for an I5 but make sure its a quad core as some I5s are dual core
    Maybe someone else will be more specific than me as I always buy AMD

Sorry having looked at your previous post its a laptop! you could upgrade the cpu it can be done I have done it a few times ... but your graphics card is only a intel HD4000 no way it will play... sorry
    Eek!

Okay, so I need a quad-core cpu and DX11-compliant graphic processor which my Intel HD3000 does not?!!

Is that the type of purchase where I'd be better off upgrading the laptop? Or would it be cheaper to find a new machine that meets the specs?

Will it run on my laptop? Link I believe CPU and memory are fine but I'm not sure where the graphics sit. (Radeon HD6750M 1GB). Thanks!

Originally Posted by Atinus View Post (Source)
    Eek!

Okay, so I need a quad-core cpu and DX11-compliant graphic processor which my Intel HD3000 does not?!!

Is that the type of purchase where I'd be better off upgrading the laptop? Or would it be cheaper to find a new machine that meets the specs?
    It could be cheaper to find good desktop with fitting specs than laptop. ED won't be meant for gaming with laptop I am afraid.

Eek!

Sorry you need a new system your GPU will just not cut i I would imagine your GPU to be integeral to the motherboard so no you cant upgrade it
    Like I always say laptops for office google etc ..desktops for gaming!

I just can't get my head around this.
    I'm a complete computer dummy. I just want the thing to do things when I press the thingy or push the thingy-me-bob.
    Can anybody explain the requirements in terms that an idiot can understand - please?

Is that the type of purchase where I'd be better off upgrading the laptop?
    I wouldn't consider any of the built-in graphics options as gaming grade. Not even the new Haswell based ones.
    Commander Howard A. Jameson
    System Spec: Windows 10 Pro x64, Intel i7 975, 12GB Corsair Dominator, EVGA Nvidia 8GB 1080 FTW, 2x 240GB Intel 520 SSD

Originally Posted by Memnoch View Post (Source)
    I wouldn't consider any of the built-in graphics options as gaming grade. Not even the new Haswell based ones.
    I've got a 4600 Haswell which I can assign 2Gb. Will give it a go with E alpha, just out of curiosity.
    Lave Radio Podcast // Swift Dispatch - Stories & eyewitness accounts

Originally Posted by Pecisk View Post (Source)
    It could be cheaper to find good desktop with fitting specs than laptop. ED won't be meant for gaming with laptop I am afraid.
    Indeed, anyone hoping to play this on a laptop will need a really good laptop :-/
    Tales from the Frontier - an anthology of official Elite: Dangerous stories

Originally Posted by johnr View Post (Source)
    Will it run on my laptop? Link I believe CPU and memory are fine but I'm not sure where the graphics sit. (Radeon HD6750M 1GB). Thanks!

Your GPU is very average you might get away with it with all the detail turned off on low res as your GPU is - Radeon HD 6700M 1GB - score 931
    the bench mark GPU that FD use is a GTX 285 2GB score - 1200+
    It will get a bit choppy in places with lot of movment like asteroid fields!

Originally Posted by Perseus View Post (Source)
    I just can't get my head around this.
    I'm a complete computer dummy. I just want the thing to do things when I press the thingy or push the thingy-me-bob.
    Can anybody explain the requirements in terms that an idiot can understand - please?
    You need CPU with 4 cores with at least 2.0 Ghz (I suggest to aim for 3.3 to be sure), You need at least 4 GB operative memory but I would recommend 8 GB (memory is cheap), you will need solid video card with 2 GB (Not concrete recommendations, but I would shop for 660 GTX or similar Ti version).

Originally Posted by Perseus View Post (Source)
    There are a number of people who can help here, but let me ask you something.

• Do you have an existing computer that you want to check is OK ?
      • If so post your specs here and someone will advise you Yes or No.
      • If you have no idea what you own download this (Belarc software), run it, and post the results. (Remove any personal identifying things like IP, computer name, etc)

• If you think your computer may be out of date and want to know what to upgrade ?
      • Post your specs and give us an idea of your budget you want to spend.

• Are you buying a new computer from scratch and want to know what to buy ?
      • Again, give us an idea of how much you want to spend.
    I don't like ED atm, so "I guess I'm just one of those entitled tosspots"

[
    Basic Network 101 Guide for ED] [Menu logging is legitimate] [SomaFM] [No Mans Sky] [One punch man]

it's not such a low PC recommendation after all, This is getting to mid to high end stuff .. fair enough that's the way it is .. but ED will be no slouch of a game... Mid to high end only. Quad core, DX11 and a packet of smarties, preferably containing blue ones! (or lots of green triangle quality street!)

Originally Posted by Luniticisi View Post (Source)
    it's not such a low PC recommendation after all
    I think it is.

A modern gaming PC will set you back at least £1K, with ultra-extreme pushing £4K .. now throw in a large monitor or two and that's one hell of an expensive hobby.

What FD are asking for in terms of hardware isn't that high. Compare to:

Etc

From scratch you could build a base unit (no monitor) for about £450 that would run ED.

Yes that's a lot of money, but spread over the year - £40 a month - £10 a week .. that's 2 pints
    I don't like ED atm, so "I guess I'm just one of those entitled tosspots"

[
    Basic Network 101 Guide for ED] [Menu logging is legitimate] [SomaFM] [No Mans Sky] [One punch man]

Originally Posted by Luniticisi View Post (Source)
    it's not such a low PC recommendation after all, This is getting to mid to high end stuff .. fair enough that's the way it is .. but ED will be no slouch of a game... Mid to high end only. Quad core, DX11 and a packet of smarties, preferably containing blue ones! (or lots of green triangle quality street!)
    For an alpha test with no optimisation ... I think it is a low PC recommendation

I wouldn't really include GTA 5 in that list since it runs quite well on 7 year old hardware anyway. But if they do release that particular title on PC they had better do some overhauling of the textures. It's good...for a console game.
    Commander Howard A. Jameson
    System Spec: Windows 10 Pro x64, Intel i7 975, 12GB Corsair Dominator, EVGA Nvidia 8GB 1080 FTW, 2x 240GB Intel 520 SSD

Page 11 of 45 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast