Page 4 of 45 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Minimum Specs for Alpha Test

1. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #46
    Originally Posted by Cosmos View Post (Source)
    Hi Michael,

A GTX 285 is actually not a badly powered GPU - for a DX10 card it still pulls its weight.

I wonder if a similar powered card will do but with 1gb of mem on board?

What monitor resolution did you test the game on? 1920x1080?
    It might be ok. For min spec we've designated 1280 by 720 as the lowest resolution.

Michael

Originally Posted by Michael Brookes View Post (Source)
    Bear in mind that the card needs to have hardware DX10 support as well as being DX11 compatible.

Michael
    And there it is ... my card is only DX9/10, will the game be only DX11 compatible in the beta's/gammas ? or will it support DX9/10 as well

Originally Posted by Omegahunter View Post (Source)
    The minimum specs look ok to me but two questions you haven't answered
    1: What OS will we need to be running Windows 8, 7, Vista, XP ?
    2: Will the Alpha build be in 64 bit only, both or just 32 bit ?
    Alas, I'd be suprised if a definite answer to the above is disclosed today. This thread should be called can of worms
    Laeti vescimur nos subacturis

Originally Posted by graham.reeds View Post (Source)
    Could you tell me what that spec machine would get in the WEI?

I have no idea whether my 5800 mobility is good enough or not...
    If it is the 5870m you should be just about ok I think if I remember right performance wise it is more or less identical to the 5770 which isn't to far off GTX280/285 performance.

5. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #50
    Originally Posted by Omegahunter View Post (Source)
    The minimum specs look ok to me but two questions you haven't answered
    1: What OS will we need to be running Windows 8, 7, Vista, XP ?
    2: Will the Alpha build be in 64 bit only, both or just 32 bit ?
    You don't get full DX11 support on XP. Vista should be ok, but Win 7 and above is what we're explicitly supporting.

We support both 32 and 64 bit, but we haven't decided whether it will be 32 bit only for the initial tests or to go for both.

Michael

6. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #51
    Originally Posted by Luniticisi View Post (Source)
    And there it is ... my card is only DX9/10, will the game be only DX11 compatible in the beta's/gammas ? or will it support DX9/10 as well
    Probably not.

Michael

7. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #52
    Originally Posted by Liqua View Post (Source)
    Thanks Michael.

I have to say they are ... very low requirements.

Presumably you have the game running on a high end machine in your lab too ? What difference does it make to the game ? Is it worth pumping for a high end machine and crank the settings up or is the only real difference resolution ?
    Oh there's a difference :-)

Michael

Originally Posted by rab View Post (Source)
    If it is the 5870m you should be just about ok I think if I remember right performance wise it is more or less identical to the 5770 which isn't to far off GTX280/285 performance.
    Try here : LINK

Quick piece of software that you can run to interrogate your GPU.

Also, as a comparison look on here and find your video card - The minimum spec as mention by Michael scores 1.253 so as long as yours is higher you should have no issues.

Oh there's a difference :-)
    <3

/5char

Bear in mind that the card needs to have hardware DX10 support as well as being DX11 compatible.

Michael
    How to tell?

I'm looking at the spec sheet of the card I am considering which is
    ATX GIGABYTE GV-N6500C-2GI GEFORCE GTX650 2GB GDDRF 128BIT PCIEX3.0 HDMI DVI
    and I cant see any mention of DX10 although it does say DirectX: 11 Is that the same thing?

Originally Posted by Bingo Brewster View Post (Source)
    How to tell?

I'm looking at the spec sheet of the card I am considering which is
    ATX GIGABYTE GV-N6500C-2GI GEFORCE GTX650 2GB GDDRF 128BIT PCIEX3.0 HDMI DVI
    and I cant see any mention of DX10 although it does say DirectX: 11 Is that the same thing?
    Geforce GTX650 from the link I gave above scores 1.83 which is higher than the reference card Michael gave so in theory yes - you should be OK

Originally Posted by Luniticisi View Post (Source)
    Probably not.

Michael
    Then I'm defiantly not going to be able to go Alpha, need a new Graphics card ... ... oh well, needed to upgrade at some point..

Also, as a comparison look on here and find your video card - The minimum spec as mention by Michael scores 1.253 so as long as yours is higher you should have no issues.
    pass mark is pants though never liked that benchmark much has no actual relevance to gaming performance.

If you look at that bench the GTX770/680 is quite a way ahead of the 7970/280x but in real world performance those cards are more or less neck and neck in most games.

Originally Posted by rab View Post (Source)
    pass mark is pants though never liked that benchmark much has no actual relevance to gaming performance.
    True, but for the people who have no idea whether their card will make the grade or not it's a decent starting point

Nice one, thanks for that. I'll be checking my GPU tonight.

Then probably sulking for the rest of the night.

Page 4 of 45 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast