Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Meet the Team #11 - James Avery (Senior VFX Artist)

Originally Posted by fozza View Post (Source)
    Great interview really really interesting.

Hopefully jay won't mind but went looking for his show reel after he said how important it is.

Think I found it here

Very impressive, it's fantastic to have so many talented people working on this game.

Good fine Foz and an interesting video to watch, especially to the unenlightened like me

Ab
    http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb74/Steeple_jack/8498379e-441b-43db-8412-cdea5105f8b9_zpsfd040db4.png

2. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #47
    Five pages and not a single horrifying photoshop...
    You know what they say about mud-wrestling a pig...

Originally Posted by Ben Parry View Post (Source)
    Youre right.. we are getting sloppy..

Matt Dickinson
    '...your ship will look after you, treat her well!'

You've done it now.. you've opened the flood gates
    ‘It was a bright cold day in April, and the clocks were striking thirteen.’

Where is Psykokow ?

Seems like vague attempt to distract our attention from alpha waiting...errr...where's my PS copy?

Great interview, the Damocles video and the last dev diary update really made a positive splash, and to think that was just the beginning?

Cannot wait Alpha, updated Fraps although may switch to dxtory...
    Polaris Penguin

Oh no, you've tempted me to the dark side and my E: D Commander to certain horrendous doom...

But yeah. Mr. Avery looks quite much like my brother, who is an avid outdoorsman - hence some props & warm clothing needed here too .

P.S
    Cheers Heikki, if you happen to visit this corner of the Web !

Friendliest Meteor Police that side of Riedquat ... and keep it under Lightspeed!
    My Elite: Dangerous videos , Logitech Extreme 3D Pro bindings , Explorer visual reference

Lens flare :(

My eyes don't suffer from lens flare (thinking of 1st person in the cockpit) and I was hoping the optics of the future would be better and not suffer either. So I hope that there is at least the option to turn lens flare off as I don't want to feel like I'm watching a film rather than flying my ship.

Elite on BBC model B and ZX Spectrum - Right on commanders

Good interview

I have a question I noticed there is an microsoft chatpad underneath the main screen, is this for debugging purposes or will it be utilised in the main game?

Would be great for commands and chat (of course)

11. This is the last staff post in this thread. #56
    As far as I'm aware, chatpads simply don't work on PCs at all, we just leave them on the controllers so they don't go missing.

As far as I'm aware, chatpads simply don't work on PCs at all, we just leave them on the controllers so they don't go missing.
    Never tried to get it to work... I simply lean forward and use a way better designed keyboard

Lens flare should certainly be an option. Anyway, I love the way the sun is depicted in the current Il2: Battle of Stalingrad alpha:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x183seb

In Space it might be different, but if you point to the Sun in ED, will the cockpit tint to compensate if its too bright, or will the effect be similar to BOS?
    Polaris Penguin

Originally Posted by Ashley Barley View Post (Source)
    [/INDENT]Community Question: I love the glass effects of the cockpit (scratches lighting up, frosting during jump). Can you take us through such an effect and explain what you have to do for it to look right the way you want it?[INDENT]As the cockpit was rendered in 3DS Max, we were able to position lights to illuminate the scratches. This was then rendered out as a separate pass and composited on to the gameplay capture. I can tell you now that the game has already matched and exceeded the visuals in the video. It is starting to look truly stunning.
    O my god!

Real time SFX is now above a pre rendered scene...cool...I'm really in a hurry to enter Alpha test..

Originally Posted by StarTux View Post (Source)
    Lens flare should certainly be an option. Anyway, I love the way the sun is depicted in the current Il2: Battle of Stalingrad alpha:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x183seb

In Space it might be different, but if you point to the Sun in ED, will the cockpit tint to compensate if its too bright, or will the effect be similar to BOS?
    Bit to 'starry' for me I am afraid but certainly not bad.

I think chromatic abberation with 'fringing' is a good technique for making bright sunlight appear realistic.

But essentially as long as you are blinded temporarily when looking directly at a star I am not too bothered what it looks like. It would be good if flying towards the sun could fool the dumber IR missiles and perhaps put off lesser enemy pilots from following your moves a little bit, especially if you could employ some shading to your cockpit to avoid being blinded yourself.That could enhace the gameplay during dogfights a bit I would think.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast