Page 347 of 445 FirstFirst ... 342345346347348349352 ... LastLast
Results 5,191 to 5,205 of 6672

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: The No Man's Sky Thread

Originally Posted by rootsrat View Post (Source)
    "craft a bigger bag so you can get more materials to craft a bigger bag, so you can get more materials to craft a bigger bag..."
    Yeah, kind of agree with you on that, I bought a freighter so i can park 3 Haulers (with 48 storage slots each) in there and use them as storage boxes... So I can craft more expensive things to sell.

I bought the game after watching Obsidian Ants video on the 1.3 update, I don't regret buying it. it fills in time when I "NEED" to take a break from ED.

Originally Posted by BACKER #-4112 View Post (Source)
    Yeah, kind of agree with you on that, I bought a freighter so i can park 3 Haulers (with 48 storage slots each) in there and use them as storage boxes... So I can craft more expensive things to sell.

I bought the game after watching Obsidian Ants video on the 1.3 update, I don't regret buying it. it fills in time when I "NEED" to take a break from ED.
    Yeah, different strokes and all that

I tried a few different crafting/survival games and it's just not my thing. Just wish I could get all the money I've spent on them

Tried Rust, Ark, Subnautica (although this one I did actually like and I'm planning to give it a go now that's out of early access) and couple others that names I can't remember right now... I simply don't enjoy that type of gameplay.

I tried a few different crafting/survival games and it's just not my thing. Just wish I could get all the money I've spent on them

Tried Rust, Ark, Subnautica (although this one I did actually like and I'm planning to give it a go now that's out of early access) and couple others that names I can't remember right now... I simply don't enjoy that type of gameplay.
    I'm with you, I don't mind a small amount of crafting such as weapon mods or whatever, but collecting sticks to build a shed to keep your sticks in is just boring.

Also I like to keep moving/exploring in games, base building doesn't do much for me. I don't want to keep coming back to the same place.

Mhm, I hear ya.

I tried Fallout series, mainly Fallout 3 and New Vegas (to see if I should invest in Fallout 4) and for the life of me, I just could not get into them.

Some people enjoy them and good on them.

Originally Posted by BACKER #-4112 View Post (Source)
    Mhm, I hear ya.

I tried Fallout series, mainly Fallout 3 and New Vegas (to see if I should invest in Fallout 4) and for the life of me, I just could not get into them.

Some people enjoy them and good on them.
    Ha! I love Fallout series - mainly due to to 1 and 2 really, but I did enjoy 3 and NV. 4 - not so much (too much shooting, not enough RP), but I am planning to give it another go at some point, with mods

I think I get what you mean - the ones that allow silly unforeseen and ridiculous contraption no one would ever build and that mutilate and/or ragdoll enemies in horrible, but funny ways are rather rare.
    Gah, I remember excavating in minecraft whole evenings to make a monster grinder. In the end it was a very efficient machine. I didn't use. Because then I entered another seed and the thing began anew. Sandboxes have to give some kind of variety - at where you start out. The start is always the interesting part. Like Dwarf Fortress - can you make it to a basic secure fortress before some bloodsucker monster gimp your whole expedition?

I really enjoy Ark and Ylands and Minecraft, but only when it's just me and my niņos. I won't play Rust because it's clear I wouldn't enjoy that. edit: Subnautica is awesome but it's not multiplayer right? If they changed that without me knowing.... Well I'd have to buy 2 more copies.

The problem with MP coming to NMS is that I have it on PS4, so unless they do a split-screen option which no one does anymore, I can't play it with my kids. It's a shame too, as we all like the survival part of it and surviving together would be a blast.

Originally Posted by CmdrKull View Post (Source)
    The problem with MP coming to NMS is that I have it on PS4, so unless they do a split-screen option which no one does anymore, I can't play it with my kids. It's a shame too, as we all like the survival part of it and surviving together would be a blast.
    That's part of the reason I'm hoping (probably futilely) that they have cross-platform multiplayer support. It's certainly not impossible (I play Rec Room in VR on PC and PSVR with my wife), but Sony is infamous for being crazy restrictive.

I also really like Ark and Minecraft. If you've got a small group of friends who like working together on stuff, it can be a great way to spend time.

I just use survival to move onwards. Its why I pre-ordered the game. Just a vast exploration game that goes on forever, with a great graphic style. Although I do think the graphic style has been toned down a little, but its still very good.
    Looking forward to the update, but not in any rush for it. Its still a good solid game.

Not to be off topic but I felt the same about that list myself. Subnautica has come on brilliantly though Roots that one is definitely worth playing now it's out proper.

Originally Posted by Navigare Necesse Est View Post (Source)
    I think I get what you mean - the ones that allow silly unforeseen and ridiculous contraption no one would ever build and that mutilate and/or ragdoll enemies in horrible, but funny ways are rather rare.
    Gah, I remember excavating in minecraft whole evenings to make a monster grinder. In the end it was a very efficient machine. I didn't use. Because then I entered another seed and the thing began anew. Sandboxes have to give some kind of variety - at where you start out. The start is always the interesting part. Like Dwarf Fortress - can you make it to a basic secure fortress before some bloodsucker monster gimp your whole expedition?
    Its why I quite like the long dark: It feels like an actual survival game rather than a crafting game with a heavy marketing emphasis on weak survival elements.

On topic though, we heard anything about this big update?

Originally Posted by Goose4291 View Post (Source)
    Its why I quite like the long dark: It feels like an actual survival game rather than a crafting game with a heavy marketing emphasis on weak survival elements.

On topic though, we heard anything about this big update?
    I think tomorrow is when we'll actually get official news.

Originally Posted by Goose4291 View Post (Source)
    Its why I quite like the long dark: It feels like an actual survival game rather than a crafting game with a heavy marketing emphasis on weak survival elements...
    I keep looking at the Long Dark and still haven't got round to buying it, but I like its style, much as I enjoyed Firewatch - which is a good game, just short with zero shooting.

As for NMS, I'm looking forward to the next update, and all credit to HG for following up on their promise to continue to build on the game - they deserve way more praise then they will ever get imho. That said, whilst I like it for what it is, I've somehow yet to really connect with it like I have to <other games>. If the flight model was (much!) better, and there was more need to fly around, then I might enjoy it more - doubly so if you could 'seed' our own planet to explore and build on.

Oh well, more power to HG - keep on keeping on you freaky funsters!

(Space whales sometime soon, yeah?)

It's more of an acid trip, enjoy the colors and sounds and just float around... the gameplay itself is too quickly pointless and shallow so ignore that and explore around. My real gripe (i had zero expectation for this game as opposed to many people) is the content is about 30-40 hours worth and then you have seen everything (the procgen is quite limited).

The release date of NMS NEXT in xbox is July 24. It should be the same date for the PC, i hope.

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2018/05/...layer-details/