Page 321 of 321 FirstFirst ... 311317318319320321
Results 4,801 to 4,810 of 4810

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: The No Man's Sky Thread

Man, the survival mode (permadeath is the one I've tried so far) is brutal.

It's going to take a lot of patient, careful play to get anywhere on this (not to mention a healthy dose of luck).

Originally Posted by Mu77ley View Post (Source)

It's going to take a lot of patient, careful play to get anywhere on this (not to mention a healthy dose of luck).
    I still cant even get to my ship most of the times not to mention leaving the planet

#support3rdparty

Originally Posted by Mu77ley View Post (Source)

It's only hard (and actually, it's more about patience than anything) for the early stages, once you have a few upgrades it becomes trivial again.

I find the biggest issue in Survival or Permideath mode is the ramping up of the difficulty in relation to pirates. You will pretty much always get attacked in these modes, and in that starting ship (re the 'death-trap') it is often really hard to survive those encounters. In the mechanism's in ED you atleast have an option of escape when ships attack you.

Maybe if you could 'call' any space fleet near you to help out (for a reward?), or if some kind of 'space police' existed at the space stations etc. Currently it is just you vs chance and pirate doom in the starting stage of the game. It is pretty cruel to struggle out of the starting planet only to fall to a few shots from a group of pirate ships!

Originally Posted by Morgan Grimes View Post (Source)
    It's only hard (and actually, it's more about patience than anything) for the early stages, once you have a few upgrades it becomes trivial again.
    So, the same as every survival game ever released then.

I'd been having pretty bad performance issues since the new Pathfinder update. Big fps spikes and lags etc. It turns out they seem to have increased the texture detail, to the extent that on my 2GB 750 Ti card i need to have the graphic texture setting set to 'Low' to stay under that cards 2GB limit. Anything other than 'Low' (which consumes around 1.4 - 1.8 GB Vram) and it maxes out my 2GB VRAM, and it stutters and lags pretty often.

Graphically it is not a huge drop in quality vs 'medium' settings, and the other settings can stay on 'medium', just the texture detail one pushed my card over it's VRAM limit.

Gordon, I was having long load times and choppy framerate after the last update. I figured it was my rig because my Rad card only has 1gb of vram, and a warning at launch recommends 1.5gb. However, someone suggested clearing my shader cashe, so I deleted all the files in my GAMEDATA/SHADERCASHE folder and now the game runs fine again. I suggest trying that if you haven't already.

Nice NMS video.
    I hope to visit such communities (ingame), should I ever find any.

Originally Posted by cpbtrading View Post (Source)
    Nice NMS video.
    I hope to visit such communities (ingame), should I ever find any.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtU9g8GWf8w
    The Galactic Hub the big one. NMSL has a nice little facebook group though so you can actually talk to the people whos bases you see.

Originally Posted by Wylie28 View Post (Source)
    The Galactic Hub the big one. NMSL has a nice little facebook group though so you can actually talk to the people whos bases you see.
    Yeah, I'm aware of the GH, I hope to visit that one day too.

I would love to see more of these communities sprout up. But I'm not really a community type player (lone explorer, if you like). But having places to visit that are already inhabited by other explorers, is nice to have around.
    That said, in the great scheme of things, its probable I'll never come across these on my travels. But knowing they exist, is nice in itself.

Page 321 of 321 FirstFirst ... 311317318319320321