Page 370 of 370 FirstFirst ... 365368369370
Results 5,536 to 5,541 of 5541

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: The No Man's Sky Thread

Originally Posted by cpbtrading View Post (Source)
    To be honest I don't think there is any way of getting your ship back with you from portal travel. Not yet, it might change in Next.. I hope not really, that would make things a little too easy in some cases.
    You´re right. But you can still build a vehicle to walk on the planet and maybe find a way to find a crashed ship.

Not bad!!!Planetary outpost in Next

Originally Posted by NMS View Post (Source)
    maybe find a way to find a crashed ship.

[/SPOILER]
    Ah, now that's an idea. Would that replace your current ship though ?

Originally Posted by Old Duck View Post (Source)
    Tuesday is almost here! I'm surprisingly excited. I stopped playing NMS a little over a year ago when ED came out on PS4, so I haven't even tried things from the last update like portals. Are those portals like Stargates? If so, I'm stoked (huge SG-1 fan)
    There are at least two different portals. The first one is what takes you to and from stations to your home base, and it's available after 3 hyper jumps (experienced traveler). The other portal is something that you can find on planets but I haven't done yet, and I suspect it's more of planet to planet portals, like SG.

The biggest problem I will have is that my DS4 muscle memory has been reprogrammed by Elite, so unless NMS gives us configurable controls in the new update, I'll be crashing a lot while flying (and sorely missing gyroscopic headlook).
    Flying in NMS is a pain, especially in the starter ship. I played before and upgraded ships do behave better, but the starter... really fricking annoying. And yes, you're muscle memory has to be reprogrammed.

Originally Posted by Han Zulu View Post (Source)
    There are at least two different portals. The first one is what takes you to and from stations to your home base, and it's available after 3 hyper jumps (experienced traveler). The other portal is something that you can find on planets but I haven't done yet, and I suspect it's more of planet to planet portals, like SG.
    No, there is one type of Portal and the other is a Station/Base Terminus.. I know its being fiddly, but there is a big difference.
    Terminus will take you to places you have recenty visited plus your own base terminus if you have one. But it doesn't offer many options and certainly no address system.
    ______

I've watched 6 leaked videos now. It is a big update, that is for certain, much bigger than the other updates. Possibly larger than all the other updates put together really.

Originally Posted by cpbtrading View Post (Source)
    No, there is one type of Portal and the other is a Station/Base Terminus.. I know its being fiddly, but there is a big difference.
    Terminus will take you to places you have recenty visited plus your own base terminus if you have one. But it doesn't offer many options and certainly no address system.
    Tomato, tomahto.

Btw, I'm playing NMS until ED chapter 4 is out. Having a lot of fun. Made 20 mil cr today.

One thing I thought was really cool to see in the Next Game Play video was that the space station is starting to look like Mass Effect! :0

From PCGamer:

https://www.pcgamer.com/what-its-lik...-other-people/

people can build bases alongside your own, or you could simply throw down another base computer and start a new structure yourself. Given my particular group of friends, it’s also good to know that when playing together there’s nothing too destructive they can really do to my base, and when I’m not online they can only see my base, not edit it.
    No base wars it seems.

Page 370 of 370 FirstFirst ... 365368369370