Page 357 of 489 FirstFirst ... 352355356357358359362 ... LastLast
Results 5,341 to 5,355 of 7326

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: The No Man's Sky Thread

Originally Posted by henry1491 View Post (Source)
    What a puerile little jerk, right here is why I avoid MMO games like the plague and why I'm a tad concerned for what this next update to NMS will release. How long I wonder before players are asking for a PvE mode.

Welcome to another hotel California. Popcorn on standby.
    And HG need to add a salt-mining laser blueprint.

Anyway, yeah, this is what every MMO tends to get. I'm surprised it was even possible to do this in NMS before the multiplayer upgrade...?

Originally Posted by mossfoot View Post (Source)
    That bellend would be right at home in certain groups in Elite Dangerous
    Maybe it's Zarek Null.

What a puerile little jerk, right here is why I avoid MMO games like the plague and why I'm a tad concerned for what this next update to NMS will release. How long I wonder before players are asking for a PvE mode.

Welcome to another hotel California. Popcorn on standby.
    Originally Posted by hunvagy View Post (Source)
    *gets popcorn ready for the NEXT update* Based on this, this is gonna be good: https://kotaku.com/no-mans-sky-malco...-an-1827523601
    That bellend would be right at home in certain groups in Elite Dangerous
    Sigh.. it's good to see my theory about people taking space games too seriously carries some weight still.

Originally Posted by Goose4291 View Post (Source)
    Sigh.. it's good to see my theory about people taking space games too seriously carries some weight still.
    So you'd be equally okay if he was insulting another player for their race or religion??

I am assuming here that you actually read the article...

I've been thinking about getting NMS. Is it worth it, especially after the new update?

Elite has fallen out of grace with me and I need a new space ship fix.

So you'd be equally okay if he was insulting another player for their race or religion??

Apparently anything goes as long as you're "playing in character"

Apparently anything goes as long as you're "playing in character"
    I found it more fascinating that they mustered the same defense as here. "The game allows it, so its legal". But guess things don't really change, no matter the game. The update should be interesting though, shall see if it opens a can of worms or if HG manages to strike a workable middle ground.

Originally Posted by LuxAeterna View Post (Source)
    I've been thinking about getting NMS. Is it worth it, especially after the new update?

Elite has fallen out of grace with me and I need a new space ship fix.
    It kind of depends. Lots of people really do not like it and lots of people do. I would go look at a few let's plays on youtube, and after a few hours worth of that you should have a good idea about the main gameplay and if that is a game you could like, and don't forget to start any let's play near the start - that early grinding is what you will be doing a lot!

I love it (on and off) and am frustrated with it often which is why i mod it (So if i did not have it on PC i probably would not like it as much as i do).

The article makes vague allusions to some sort of overly sexist commentary from the guy, but doesnt specify or provide evidence such as time stamped video/screen grabs.

I'm too tired with the weekly number of things we need to be mockraged about that I'm not going to get invested into an issue where an internet nerd expresses his opinion on gender issues, when the 'victim' tried to make it about gender in the first instance. I'd rather keep my powder dry for real world issues with actual importance.

I often think about scale in space games.

Its quite hard in some cases to get that feeling of just how large or small things are. With NMS its one of those, can't quite get the right feeling, scale wise. However, flying from planet to planet without using Pulse Drive, can give you a good idea of the scale (space wise). Sometimes when in NMS players flick from planet to planet and don't give the space part, its deserved credit. Pulse drive can take a few minutes sometimes, to get to outer planets in a system. Whereas without using Pulse Drive can take 45-50mins (longer in some cases) to do the same and thats travelling at a guessed scale they use of 1mtr = 1u. So travelling @ 4.4km per second (without Pulse, at the highest I can with my ship), it takes 50mins lets say. That gives a good idea of the ingame-scale.

When we get actual characters/avatars this will give us 'walking scale', planet wise. Plus of course the much anticipated (in my case anyway) ship scale, not sure how they will do this. To me the ships seem out of kilter with the game, well at least some of them. But this too should be confirmed either way.

I really enjoy space travel, so have started to do away with Pulse Drive in systems where I'm more relaxed, rather than running around looking for things. It does add that feeling of space to NMS that can sometimes be missing when using Pulse Drive all the time.

Originally Posted by cpbtrading View Post (Source)
    I really enjoy space travel, so have started to do away with Pulse Drive in systems where I'm more relaxed, rather than running around looking for things. It does add that feeling of space to NMS that can sometimes be missing when using Pulse Drive all the time.
    I agree. This game has some really wonderful details.

Originally Posted by cpbtrading View Post (Source)
    I often think about scale in space games.

Its quite hard in some cases to get that feeling of just how large or small things are. With NMS its one of those, can't quite get the right feeling, scale wise. However, flying from planet to planet without using Pulse Drive, can give you a good idea of the scale (space wise). Sometimes when in NMS players flick from planet to planet and don't give the space part, its deserved credit. Pulse drive can take a few minutes sometimes, to get to outer planets in a system. Whereas without using Pulse Drive can take 45-50mins (longer in some cases) to do the same and thats travelling at a guessed scale they use of 1mtr = 1u. So travelling @ 4.4km per second (without Pulse, at the highest I can with my ship), it takes 50mins lets say. That gives a good idea of the ingame-scale.
    How do you avoid the pirates? Or is your ship advanced enough they are no threat for you? I really do not like the pirate spawn mechanism, it feels so fake and gamey.

Originally Posted by Zak Gordon View Post (Source)
    How do you avoid the pirates? Or is your ship advanced enough they are no threat for you? I really do not like the pirate spawn mechanism, it feels so fake and gamey.
    I check the system before I go in.. If it say's 'at war', I expect it to be fairly busy..

The spawn is not bad and does reflect fairly well what the system status is in the scan prior to going in. The system in the video said 'Tranquil', it was, there was only one set of pirates to bother with. Plus its all about sheilds, have good shields and a half decent gun, I never really lose. Oh, and don't move around, let them do that, stand still and chicken shoot. Works in ED too, these are both very basic forms of ai, they don't really use tactics or think much.

Edit: I'll add to this too. Space games seem to think the ai doesn't really need to be good, just throw plenty at the player and the job will get done via numbers we have to fight.
    That is a real shame. I play Arma with the KAI mod and the ai is never the same and use very good tactics, its a shame some devs in the space game genre don't pick up on the ai issues. Instead of the space invaders type format.. Well almost space invaders type..

Originally Posted by Goose4291 View Post (Source)
    The article makes vague allusions to some sort of overly sexist commentary from the guy, but doesnt specify or provide evidence such as time stamped video/screen grabs.

I'm too tired with the weekly number of things we need to be mockraged about that I'm not going to get invested into an issue where an internet nerd expresses his opinion on gender issues, when the 'victim' tried to make it about gender in the first instance. I'd rather keep my powder dry for real world issues with actual importance.
    Err, no man. Its literally there in the article. I dont know how to link to twitter so I'll just copy&paste the text, you can find the link to the tweet in the article.

dude!!! ??? where is the sexist thing? only cause i said i dont like female leaders? or i dont accept them
    I know you tend to get 'conservative' whenever something like this pops up, but there is no ambiguity here. Not accepting people in a game because of their gender, explicitly stating so then doubling down on it simply is sexism, its lame and it should be called out. You dont need to explode with rage, but downplaying it as 'an opinion on gender issues' isn't needed either. That dude is a sad little loser. Nothing special, but lets call a spade a spade already.

Originally Posted by sleutelbos View Post (Source)
    Err, no man. Its literally there in the article. I dont know how to link to twitter so I'll just copy&paste the text, you can find the link to the tweet in the article.

I know you tend to get 'conservative' whenever something like this pops up, but there is no ambiguity here. Not accepting people in a game because of their gender, explicitly stating so then doubling down on it simply is sexism, its lame and it should be called out. You dont need to explode with rage, but downplaying it as 'an opinion on gender issues' isn't needed either. That dude is a sad little loser. Nothing special, but lets call a spade a spade already.
    Cheers dude, didn't see that when I read the article (suspect my phone is playing up again).

Yeah... that's not cool.