Page 3 of 163 FirstFirst 123458 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 2441

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Mercenaries of Mikunn - The Background Simulation and Colonization Test

  1. #31
    my biggest problem with all this is that we're running around in the dark with the exact rules of simulation unknown. We are just guessing. Hell, we don't even know if the HR is buggy now or not -_-

  2. #32
    Originally Posted by dr.zli View Post (Source)
    my biggest problem with all this is that we're running around in the dark with the exact rules of simulation unknown. We are just guessing. Hell, we don't even know if the HR is buggy now or not -_-
    Welcome to the club! The only thing I can say that helps this feeling is to accept that things might be bugged, track your mission and outcomes, take a look at the threads on the forums during the development process and talk and test, examine results, and talk and test some more. The Lugh system has had many starts, fails, and blocks. We do something differently and watch what happens. It's the only thing we can do.

    BTW, trading does make a difference to the influence when done in addition to the missions. Other than that...we are playing and learning along with everyone!

  3. #33
    Originally Posted by LiU-KanG View Post (Source)
    * Spassky Station growth? Wonder how we can make it grow? By missions (we done hundreds of them) or by bringing lots and lots of food to the station. Or any other commodities?

    Population is maybe not growing as there is not enough food.
    From the DDF one way that was described to increase the population was to put the system / faction into "economic boom" mode. I have seen this mode in Xihe before and I think it is still active. It may be worth taking some screenshots once a day to see if the population count moves - we'll know if that part is working or not. I don't think you need to go to the system to get the screenshot, should be enough to open the map (although one needs to go there to be sure the "economic boom" state is still active - grab some rare goods if you do go there).

  4. #34
    Originally Posted by Rearden View Post (Source)
    From the DDF one way that was described to increase the population was to put the system / faction into "economic boom" mode. I have seen this mode in Xihe before and I think it is still active. It may be worth taking some screenshots once a day to see if the population count moves - we'll know if that part is working or not. I don't think you need to go to the system to get the screenshot, should be enough to open the map (although one needs to go there to be sure the "economic boom" state is still active - grab some rare goods if you do go there).
    Unfortunately the state is frozen on Mikunn, so we couldn't try for an economic boom if we wanted.

  5. #35
    Originally Posted by Walt Kerman View Post (Source)
    Unfortunately the state is frozen on Mikunn, so we couldn't try for an economic boom if we wanted.
    I know, just saying if we look at Xihe we can find out if it actually works before trying to push the state somewhere else.

  6. #36
    Originally Posted by LiU-KanG View Post (Source)
    * Spassky Station growth? Wonder how we can make it grow? By missions (we done hundreds of them) or by bringing lots and lots of food to the station. Or any other commodities?

    Population is maybe not growing as there is not enough food.

    Im pretty sure a few times that population in slaves was already hauled there.

  7. #37
    I hope when we take over we can put at Relay Beacon at HR 7327 B. otherwise I say we sell the stations for scrap.

  8. #38
    Originally Posted by Jonny Quest View Post (Source)
    Im pretty sure a few times that population in slaves was already hauled there.
    Im hauling 44 tons of slaves to mikunn right now.

    - - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

    Originally Posted by Beauseant View Post (Source)
    I hope when we take over we can put at Relay Beacon at HR 7327 B. otherwise I say we sell the stations for scrap.
    Why sell it for scrap when you can upgrade spassky?

  9. #39
    Imagine if upgrading a station was made in missions or trading - bring 1000000t of various metal, computer components whatever and while we bring in said items we see a station growing and construction crews at work. Also, missions could be issued for protecting the station, interdiction of people who wish to blow it away. Possibilities are endless.

  10. #40
    Originally Posted by dr.zli View Post (Source)
    Imagine if upgrading a station was made in missions or trading - bring 1000000t of various metal, computer components whatever and while we bring in said items we see a station growing and construction crews at work. Also, missions could be issued for protecting the station, interdiction of people who wish to blow it away. Possibilities are endless.
    Well yes, thats exactly what the dev diaries lead us to imagine.

  11. #41
    You had zero feedback from the devs on this being in a stuck state or if it's bugged?

    I'm kinda surprised as you are testing out one of the core mechanics of consequence that the game is meant to have, guessing they are too busy with the other issues atm.

  12. #42
    Originally Posted by Jaykay View Post (Source)
    You had zero feedback from the devs on this being in a stuck state or if it's bugged?

    I'm kinda surprised as you are testing out one of the core mechanics of consequence that the game is meant to have, guessing they are too busy with the other issues atm.
    No feedback whatsoever.

  13. #43
    Lessons learned from moving the 250Lys to Mikunn:
    .
    Lesson 1:
    Make sure you move any stored ships out of the stations in HR 7327 BEFORE you become hostile with HR 7327 Dynamics. Otherwise when you arrive in your temporary Sidewinder to get your ship out you will find to your surprise that you can't just sneak into the station. In fact the Authority Vipers will attack straight away making breaking into the station (and out again in a Type 6).....somewhat challenging.
    .
    Lesson 2:
    Traversing such a distance in a Viper will take many, MANY jumps, even with a A3 frame shift drive. We are talking 50+ jumps, with three stops for fuel on the way. I now hear "Frameshift drive charging" in my sleep...

  14. #44
    Originally Posted by Walt Kerman View Post (Source)
    No feedback whatsoever.
    Well, they've only been back a few days from holiday. I'm sure there are other fires they need to put out. We do have to remember, we are not most of the player base. Also possible they found a bug that could reset the whole galaxy to fix (worst case scenario). They may need some time to figure out what to do.

  15. #45
    lurker here.

    Have you had any success in adjacent systems creating "boom" states which lead to population growth?

    I understand under the design briefs this was intended but I haven't seen anything here or on the internets to suggest someone has tried and been successful.

Page 3 of 163 FirstFirst 123458 ... LastLast