Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 742

Thread: Elite Shipyard

  1. #16
    Originally Posted by Superxpdude View Post (Source)
    There's a few lists of various ship components on the gamepedia wiki. The following should be able to help you:
    Power Plants
    Fuel Scoops
    Auto Field-Maintenance Units
    Shield Generators
    Frame Shift Drives
    Thanks -- they have a few more reactors and shields, but I still need more high class module stats before I can enable any more ship hulls. Hopefully if the tool gets a little traction, that'll be extra motivation for more folks to add data to fill in these wikis.

  2. #17
    Great job, +1 rep from me. Someone on the forums was looking for something like this just the other day. Way to go on meeting a need that's out there.

  3. #18

    Thumbs up

    +1. Fantastic tool, great job, very useful.

    Entered my newly bought ASP's spec (no hardpoints, I1/D5/D5/B5/D4/D4/D5/-) and the mass came out spot on (480t, plus 32t fuel, 0t cargo).

    As I'm currently mostly interested in jump range (efficient rares trading) I went on to cross-check that. And here there seems to be a slight difference (or alternatively some ignorance on my part):
    * 26.83ly Current Jump Range on the outfitting screen (screenshot below)
    * 29.704ly Jump Range in the tool (unladen, full fuel)

    Hope this helps - either improving the tool or my knowledge of how this stuff works.

    Name:  Screenshot_0031.png
Views: 212
Size:  771.0 KB

  4. #19
    Originally Posted by Redfox View Post (Source)
    +1. Fantastic tool, great job, very useful.

    Entered my newly bought ASP's spec (no hardpoints, I1/D5/D5/B5/D4/D4/D5/-) and the mass came out spot on (480t, plus 32t fuel, 0t cargo).

    As I'm currently mostly interested in jump range (efficient rares trading) I went on to cross-check that. And here there seems to be a slight difference (or alternatively some ignorance on my part):
    * 26.83ly Current Jump Range on the outfitting screen (screenshot below)
    * 29.704ly Jump Range in the tool (unladen, full fuel)

    Hope this helps - either improving the tool or my knowledge of how this stuff works.

    Name:  Screenshot_0031.png
Views: 212
Size:  771.0 KB
    Good catch -- looks like this was caused by an incorrect fuel multiplier value for the 5B FSD (was 0.008, should have been 0.010). I just updated the page and I now get the same jump ranges as shown in your screenshot (just note that you have 4t of cargo, not 0t).

    EDIT: I suspect the 3B FSD has the same mistake, but I can't confirm because the station I'm in at the moment doesn't carry a 3B drive. Hopefully somebody else can check that out and report back.

  5. #20
    Great work +1 rep


    Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast...

  6. #21
    EHMAGERD! Have some rep! Been looking for this, cheers!

    Name:  fry-take-my-money.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  24.8 KB

  7. #22

    Smile

    Originally Posted by taleden View Post (Source)
    just note that you have 4t of cargo, not 0t
    Ah, right - its so hard to part with them rares ;-)

    Originally Posted by taleden View Post (Source)
    I suspect the 3B FSD has the same mistake, but I can't confirm because the station I'm in at the moment doesn't carry a 3B drive. Hopefully somebody else can check that out and report back.
    Hope this helps:

  8. #23
    Thank you very much for doing this. I hope you continue to update it as more data comes in, particularly the power use of internal equipment

  9. #24
    Originally Posted by Redfox View Post (Source)
    Hope this helps:
    That does help, and it looks like the 3B does have the same mistake. Fixed momentarily. Thanks!

  10. #25
    Well, thank YOU, sir.

  11. #26
    Very nice ,great job Cmdr ,more rep to the pile
    A player since '84 on the BBC B and still misspending my youth

  12. #27
    Superb! Many thanks that looks very useful.

  13. #28
    Nice one, sooo useful. More rep on it's way.

  14. #29
    I discovered something new as a result of a reddit comment about the power usage tallies: every ship hull has an idle, baseline power draw which isn't listed on its in-game stats screen nor, as far as I can tell, on any of the wikis. For example the Sidewinder has an idle 0.92MW power drain before any other modules.

    I've filled in the values for the ships I have handy, but if anyone owns a Cobra, Type 6 or Type 7, could you plug in your current loadout and compare the power draw numbers to what you see in-game? Both the deployed and retracted figures should be off by the same amount, which is the missing baseline power draw from those hulls.

  15. #30
    Logged in just to +1 OP - fine job, I like it.

Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast