Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Elite Shipyard

Originally Posted by Superxpdude View Post (Source)
    There's a few lists of various ship components on the gamepedia wiki. The following should be able to help you:
    Power Plants
    Fuel Scoops
    Auto Field-Maintenance Units
    Shield Generators
    Frame Shift Drives
    Thanks -- they have a few more reactors and shields, but I still need more high class module stats before I can enable any more ship hulls. Hopefully if the tool gets a little traction, that'll be extra motivation for more folks to add data to fill in these wikis.

Great job, +1 rep from me. Someone on the forums was looking for something like this just the other day. Way to go on meeting a need that's out there.

Thumbs up

+1. Fantastic tool, great job, very useful.

Entered my newly bought ASP's spec (no hardpoints, I1/D5/D5/B5/D4/D4/D5/-) and the mass came out spot on (480t, plus 32t fuel, 0t cargo).

As I'm currently mostly interested in jump range (efficient rares trading) I went on to cross-check that. And here there seems to be a slight difference (or alternatively some ignorance on my part):
    * 26.83ly Current Jump Range on the outfitting screen (screenshot below)
    * 29.704ly Jump Range in the tool (unladen, full fuel)

Hope this helps - either improving the tool or my knowledge of how this stuff works.

Name:  Screenshot_0031.png
Views: 212
Size:  771.0 KB

Originally Posted by Redfox View Post (Source)
    +1. Fantastic tool, great job, very useful.

Entered my newly bought ASP's spec (no hardpoints, I1/D5/D5/B5/D4/D4/D5/-) and the mass came out spot on (480t, plus 32t fuel, 0t cargo).

As I'm currently mostly interested in jump range (efficient rares trading) I went on to cross-check that. And here there seems to be a slight difference (or alternatively some ignorance on my part):
    * 26.83ly Current Jump Range on the outfitting screen (screenshot below)
    * 29.704ly Jump Range in the tool (unladen, full fuel)

Hope this helps - either improving the tool or my knowledge of how this stuff works.

Name:  Screenshot_0031.png
Views: 212
Size:  771.0 KB
    Good catch -- looks like this was caused by an incorrect fuel multiplier value for the 5B FSD (was 0.008, should have been 0.010). I just updated the page and I now get the same jump ranges as shown in your screenshot (just note that you have 4t of cargo, not 0t).

EDIT: I suspect the 3B FSD has the same mistake, but I can't confirm because the station I'm in at the moment doesn't carry a 3B drive. Hopefully somebody else can check that out and report back.

Great work +1 rep

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast...

EHMAGERD! Have some rep! Been looking for this, cheers!

Name:  fry-take-my-money.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  24.8 KB

Smile

Originally Posted by taleden View Post (Source)
    just note that you have 4t of cargo, not 0t
    Ah, right - its so hard to part with them rares ;-)

Originally Posted by taleden View Post (Source)
    I suspect the 3B FSD has the same mistake, but I can't confirm because the station I'm in at the moment doesn't carry a 3B drive. Hopefully somebody else can check that out and report back.
    Hope this helps:

Thank you very much for doing this. I hope you continue to update it as more data comes in, particularly the power use of internal equipment

Originally Posted by Redfox View Post (Source)
    Hope this helps:
    That does help, and it looks like the 3B does have the same mistake. Fixed momentarily. Thanks!

Well, thank YOU, sir.

Very nice ,great job Cmdr ,more rep to the pile
    A player since '84 on the BBC B and still misspending my youth

Superb! Many thanks that looks very useful.

Nice one, sooo useful. More rep on it's way.

I discovered something new as a result of a reddit comment about the power usage tallies: every ship hull has an idle, baseline power draw which isn't listed on its in-game stats screen nor, as far as I can tell, on any of the wikis. For example the Sidewinder has an idle 0.92MW power drain before any other modules.

I've filled in the values for the ships I have handy, but if anyone owns a Cobra, Type 6 or Type 7, could you plug in your current loadout and compare the power draw numbers to what you see in-game? Both the deployed and retracted figures should be off by the same amount, which is the missing baseline power draw from those hulls.

Logged in just to +1 OP - fine job, I like it.

Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast