Page 50 of 52 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152 LastLast

Thread: Elite Shipyard

Originally Posted by CMDR Einseitig View Post (Source)
    […] Were you take a trip to Sagittarius A* in a 32t T-6 with a 29 ly jump range you may need to fill up 88 times. An ASP/ DB with anything under around 44/45 ly needs 40 more fill ups or around 120/130.
    Ah, I see. T-6 seems to be indeed better for long-range fast travel, although I have to note that for a fair comparison one should take an AspEx with 40t of fuel capacity (32t internal + 8t optional). I’d guess the T-6 would still come out better; its 5+5+4+4 slot size combination is more useful in this context than AspEx’s 6+5+3+3.

In any case, honking-and-running is not really exploration in my books, so my approach to outfitting a vessel for exploration is bound to be different to yours

MartinG

I was preparing a response to Taleden when your message came through.

I am glad for the interest in this and am preparing an in-game test between the Type-6 and the Asp.

However, I was interested in your honk statement as I do not consider that exploration too. I visit each body save the asteroid belts and scan the entire system.

I call this parallel exploration.
    Parallel exploration causes your vessel to deteriorate faster (Ship Integrity) than honk and run, the cost of which will be cheaper in the T-6.

Einseitig.

[…] However, I was interested in your honk statement as I do not consider that exploration too. I visit each body save the asteroid belts and scan the entire system.
    That’s exactly my approach to exploration, too

I call this parallel exploration.
    Parallel exploration causes your vessel to deteriorate faster (Ship Integrity) than honk and run, the cost of which will be cheaper in the T-6.
    Ah, a good point. I no longer care about repair costs of my AspEx, but I do remember the times when I could not even afford to buy it…

(But “parallel exploration”? To me, it’s currently as sequential as can be… “Thorough exploration”, maybe…)

The one thing I've found when trying to compare jump ranges and time etc is that often you are scooping as you line up with your next system so you also have to factor in partial refills as this what would be happening regardless of what ship you are using and most comparisons can't do that.

In general I've found that my time to target system is pretty comparable in most ships if I set them up specifically for travel. Now I just fly what I feel like it as it doesn't really make that much of a difference to me. Maybe if I were a fuel rat or something
    CMDR Madrax573

Praeliator of the dark places!

Come check out the daft FA-off pilots!

Discord - https://discord.gg/EN39rcP

Or my really bad FA-off vids

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpZ...VXvEUGfJyvmXCg

I love ED shipyard but any chance on the next update of being able to implement a shortlink option?, my current corvette build link is huge when you post some places, it doesn't shorten the clickable link

Thank you for your hard work to enhance ED

Agreed, thank you for creating such a helpful tool. Have been using it for almost 2yrs now to compare my many possible outfitting solutions!

Please continue to update as new ships and features are added

Originally Posted by ThatRubberDuck View Post (Source)
    I love ED shipyard but any chance on the next update of being able to implement a shortlink option?, my current corvette build link is huge when you post some places, it doesn't shorten the clickable link
    https://support.google.com/faqs/answer/190768?hl=en
    Intel Core i7 4790k 4.0GHz @ 4.6GHz
    Raijintek Themis Direct Contact Heatpipe CPU Cooler
    16.00GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 2400 MHz

ASUS STRIX GTX 980 @ 1400MHz/7700MHz
    ASUS Maximus VII Hero
    XFX XTR 750W PSU
    Dell UltraSharp U2410 24" IPS Monitor

Windows 10 (64 bit)

According to this Vulture build I should be able to get away with 5B thrusters, however this is underpowered with everything i can disable disabled and in reality I can only use 5D thrusters.

goo.gl/M7EXhM

ASUS Maximus VII Hero
    XFX XTR 750W PSU

Windows 10 (64 bit)

Originally Posted by Mr. Bridger View Post (Source)
    According to this Vulture build I should be able to get away with 5B thrusters
    The Hardware deployed ("Depl") graph under "PWR" is red, and if you hover over it it says 100.1%. This tells you your build is problematic.

Originally Posted by Otis B. View Post (Source)
    The Hardware deployed ("Depl") graph under "PWR" is red, and if you hover over it it says 100.1%. This tells you your build is problematic.
    Yeh, thanks, I get that but it is MUCH closer to being OK than if I actually complete this build in game, then it is nowhere near and I have to drop to 5D thruster to get it to work. According to this if I drop to 5C I'll be well under but I'm over.

ASUS Maximus VII Hero
    XFX XTR 750W PSU

Windows 10 (64 bit)

it is MUCH closer to being OK than if I actually complete this build in game, then it is nowhere near and I have to drop to 5D thruster to get it to work.
    Most likely you've not entered your current build correctly. Double-check this (or install EDMC which can export your current build to EDShipyard with one click).
    Or you have Engineers' mods on some modules which you haven't put in to EDShipyard.
    If you're confident that your build on EDShipyard matches your in-game build then you'll need to work out which module EDShipyard is getting wrong and post a screenshot of its power consumption from the in-game Outfitting screen.

Is there any way to put a 5A Shield Generator on an Imperial Cutter build in ED Shipyard?
    Rolled 5A with +9.6% Optimal Hull Mass and +28.5% Optimal Strength and put in on my Cutter.
    Tried a lot of tricks, inserting url-code, manipulated loadouts files etc., but it always kicks me out with a

* Internal #7:Cannot fit "5A Shield Generator"

o7

One of the best tools out there IMO - right up there with EDDB.IO and INARA for my most-used stuff. Thanks for making it.

According to this Vulture build I should be able to get away with 5B thrusters, however this is underpowered with everything i can disable disabled and in reality I can only use 5D thrusters.

goo.gl/M7EXhM
    A vulture isn't a vulture without a G5 overcharged power plant!

I love shipyard.Modify preset and minimal design are rly helpful.But I need effective shield from cell banks. One by one visiting colio is tiring. To aspire add.

Page 50 of 52 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152 LastLast