Page 51 of 52 FirstFirst ... 41474849505152 LastLast

Thread: Elite Shipyard

Greetings!
    So I am new to ED (PS4) but have been in space mmos forever (E&B and Eve Beta) so I hold a terrific appreciation for the efforts of folks who create these awesome apps for us players.

My question is this: Is the data that is used to determine the builds and cost estimation the same data that is in the PS4 universe? I only ask because the last two ships I built out on EDShipyard via theorycrafting all had two issues when it came time to buy. Cost and power consumption. Cost in Shipyard was considerably less once all the modules were bought than actual cost. Also the power consumption when I assigned priority values in shipyard it gets my deployed value under 100% of reactor output, yet in game those same power rankings get me nowhere near...

This has occurred on both the Vulture and Imperial Clipper. Has resulted in some last minute frustration as the Clipper build on shipyard costed out at $112m when actual cost was more like $168m... roughly a 33% increase in cost. Fortunately the wallet was fat enough to cover it but is now a little thinner than the $100m buffer I like to have.

Thanks in advance!

Originally Posted by CMDR_Mike View Post (Source)
    Greetings!
    So I am new to ED (PS4) but have been in space mmos forever (E&B and Eve Beta) so I hold a terrific appreciation for the efforts of folks who create these awesome apps for us players.

My question is this: Is the data that is used to determine the builds and cost estimation the same data that is in the PS4 universe? I only ask because the last two ships I built out on EDShipyard via theorycrafting all had two issues when it came time to buy. Cost and power consumption. Cost in Shipyard was considerably less once all the modules were bought than actual cost. Also the power consumption when I assigned priority values in shipyard it gets my deployed value under 100% of reactor output, yet in game those same power rankings get me nowhere near...

This has occurred on both the Vulture and Imperial Clipper. Has resulted in some last minute frustration as the Clipper build on shipyard costed out at $112m when actual cost was more like $168m... roughly a 33% increase in cost. Fortunately the wallet was fat enough to cover it but is now a little thinner than the $100m buffer I like to have.

Thanks in advance!
    ED shipyard and coriolis make some estimates based off known information with regards to things like power consumption and there are probably rounding errors.

Also cost can be affected by many things, so coriolis won't always get that 100% accurate.

Just guessing, is the cost of building a ship lower than expected because you're not just buying the wanted modules but also selling the default ones which are already in the slots of a new-bought ship?

Different discounts that apply, for example:
    LYR controlled space = 15%
    Elite rank = 2,5%

Originally Posted by CMDR_Mike View Post (Source)
    Greetings!

Thanks in advance!
    Originally Posted by mr.Gr3y View Post (Source)
    Different discounts that apply, for example:
    LYR controlled space = 15%
    Elite rank = 2,5%
    It may also depend on where the items were bought. There's a station out there that has all modules (not talking Jameson) but at a 20% markup.....

I am sorry if this question was already answered, but why identical shield generators installed on different ships with nearly identical hull mass give vastly different shield strength numbers? I noticed this when I saw that 4C bi-weave on a Viper Mk IV has 181.8 MJ strength, while the same 4C bi-weave on a Cobra Mk III gives only 100 MJ.
    I thought that shield strength multiplier is dependant on hull mass and shield's "optimal hull mass" number, but apparently I was wrong?

Originally Posted by deBauch View Post (Source)
    I am sorry if this question was already answered, but why identical shield generators installed on different ships with nearly identical hull mass give vastly different shield strength numbers? I noticed this when I saw that 4C bi-weave on a Viper Mk IV has 181.8 MJ strength, while the same 4C bi-weave on a Cobra Mk III gives only 100 MJ.
    I thought that shield strength multiplier is dependant on hull mass and shield's "optimal hull mass" number, but apparently I was wrong?
    Each ship hull also has a built-in hidden "shield strength" value; that is the baseline number that is then modified by the shield generator module and the ship's hull mass. So in your example, the Viper just has a higher starting value than the Cobra.

Originally Posted by taleden View Post (Source)
    Each ship hull also has a built-in hidden "shield strength" value; that is the baseline number that is then modified by the shield generator module and the ship's hull mass. So in your example, the Viper just has a higher starting value than the Cobra.
    Thank you for the answer. It would've been great if that "shield strength" value (alongside with heat capacity) was displayed somewhere in E shipyard.

BTW, I've made a table with shield strength numbers for all ships and A-class shields and it looks... weird. Here it is.

Great site! Using it since ED launch!

Is there a way to calc heat?

For base shield strength, I figured the hidden value wasn't very useful to display since ultimately it's the effective value that matters, and folks can plainly see (as you did) what kind of shield strength they can get with various shields on various hulls. For heat capacity that's been on my list, but I'm not yet convinced that we actually have accurate data (the threads I've seen on it so far have measured it with, in my view, very inexact methods) and there again, ultimately what matters isn't so much the heat capacity value as the equilibium heat level or time-to-overheat, and for that we'd need to also derive the heat dissipation formulas. I've made some attempts at that but nothing reliable enough to put up on the site.

As for your table, yep, some ships just have much stronger shields than others. The Adder and Eagle for example have a "base" shield strength of 60 while the Courier has 200, so it is exactly right that a Courier will always have ~3.3x stronger shields than an Eagle with the same module. I imagine this is just part of FD's ship balance; they needed the Courier to be a more potent combat vessel but didn't want to give it a size 4 internal for a larger shield, since that would make it too good at cargo hauling and so on, so their solution was a size 3 internal but higher base shields to compensate.

Hey,

what about bug with some eng modes resulting in error:

API ship(s) imported with errors:

* Hardpoint #5: Unknown module #128732552 "Hpt_DumbfireMissileRack_Fixed_Medium_Lasso"
    * Hardpoint #6: Unknown module #128732552 "Hpt_DumbfireMissileRack_Fixed_Medium_Lasso"

Originally Posted by rdslw View Post (Source)
    Hey,

what about bug with some eng modes resulting in error:
    Looks like that's the FSD Disrupter which isn't recognized yet because I have no way to access all the PowerPlay-locked modules for testing, but with those IDs I can add it so it'll be picked up in the next update. Thanks!

Originally Posted by taleden View Post (Source)
    Looks like that's the FSD Disrupter which isn't recognized yet because I have no way to access all the PowerPlay-locked modules for testing, but with those IDs I can add it so it'll be picked up in the next update. Thanks!

Thank you very much. If you need any data or screenshots to help with this. Just let me know.

Another question, when do you expect release version supporting new engmods data from EDMC 2.42 (as per https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...=1#post5856859 ) ?

http://edshipyard.com/beta is updated for 2.4.0 open beta 4, including the new Repair Limpet Controller modules and preliminary support for Frontier's new version of engineering modifications in the Companion API export (such as you can access via EDMC among other tools). Please note that Frontier is still working on restoring this data to the API export so some things are still missing or incorrect; for example in beta 4, Shield Generators will have incorrect Regen, Broken Regen and Distributor Draw attribute values. Hopefully Frontier will fix that in the next beta update, but please post any other irregularities here (ideally along with a link to your API export in JSON format along with a screenshot of the affected module(s) in the in-game "MODIFICATIONS" panel view) so I can determine if the problem is in edshipyard's parser or the actual API data.

That is brilliant news!

Page 51 of 52 FirstFirst ... 41474849505152 LastLast