Page 52 of 53 FirstFirst ... 42484950515253 LastLast
Results 766 to 780 of 781

Thread: Elite Shipyard

  1. #766
    Originally Posted by taleden View Post (Source)
    http://edshipyard.com/beta is updated for 2.4.0 open beta 4, including the new Repair Limpet Controller modules and preliminary support for Frontier's new version of engineering modifications in the Companion API export (such as you can access via EDMC among other tools). Please note that Frontier is still working on restoring this data to the API export so some things are still missing or incorrect; for example in beta 4, Shield Generators will have incorrect Regen, Broken Regen and Distributor Draw attribute values. Hopefully Frontier will fix that in the next beta update, but please post any other irregularities here (ideally along with a link to your API export in JSON format along with a screenshot of the affected module(s) in the in-game "MODIFICATIONS" panel view) so I can determine if the problem is in edshipyard's parser or the actual API data.
    When I click on my ship link from EDMC, I'm taken to normal edshipyard (no beta). I manually add /beta/ while keeping other part of URL intact.
    But then I dont get engmod data.

    Is this problem with EDMC, EDSHIPYARD, or me ?

  2. #767
    Originally Posted by rdslw View Post (Source)
    When I click on my ship link from EDMC, I'm taken to normal edshipyard (no beta).
    Are you running E: D 2.4 Beta? EDMC sends you to the Beta or live EDShipyard site depending on whether you're running E: D Beta or live. And the enginering mods info is currently only available in E: D 2.4 Beta.

  3. #768
    Originally Posted by Otis B. View Post (Source)
    Are you running E: D 2.4 Beta? EDMC sends you to the Beta or live EDShipyard site depending on whether you're running E: D Beta or live. And the enginering mods info is currently only available in E: D 2.4 Beta.
    That would be it.

    I thougth (because Companion API is separate release cycle from live/beta) that I always get engmod data, no matter what. but yeah, im in live version. Thanks.

  4. #769
    Originally Posted by rdslw View Post (Source)
    I thougth (because Companion API is separate release cycle from live/beta) that I always get engmod data, no matter what.
    Frontier recently changed it so that 3rd-party tools can get cAPI information from Beta and Live universes, and have introduced new features in the Beta cAPI ahead of Live.

  5. #770
    edshipyard.com is updated for EDv2.4.0, including Repair Limpet Controllers and support for Frontier's new format for engineer modifications in API loadout imports (which can be done using tools such as EDMC, for example).

    It is likely that the new engineer modification format has some gaps and quirks, so please compare your imported loadout to your in-game display and report any discrepancies. To fix them, what I need is the raw API output file (which you can export via EDMC) and screenshots of the "MODIFICATIONS" display of any affected modules in the in-game outfitter (the screen that lists attributes that are modified, the base values, the engineered values, and the percent change).

  6. #771
    Updated to add the Xeno Scanner and AX Missile Rack modules. Also note that the Companion API is supposedly fixed now (and it does work for me), so you should once again be able to import your engineered loadouts from tools such as EDMC. If you encounter any errors with these imports please let me know.

  7. #772
    Updated to add the new Remote Release Flak Launcher from today's CG; also updated last week to add the AX Multi-cannons but I guess I forgot to post that here.

  8. #773
    As always great wor! Thx for maintaining and updating your great site.

  9. #774
    Noticed with V2.4.3 other then the ship selection I can no longer make module selections using the drop down menu. I Have WIN7 using IE11.

  10. #775
    Hey taleden,

    Do you keep any server-side data? It would be kinda cool to be able to see the top jump distance or DPS builds for each ship class. If you don't, then you could just store say only the top 50 for each class, saved when people make modifications.

    People could troll this of course, but that should be easy to spot.

  11. #776
    Originally Posted by TexasVet View Post (Source)
    Noticed with V2.4.3 other then the ship selection I can no longer make module selections using the drop down menu. I Have WIN7 using IE11.
    I don't think anything changed with the module selectors in 2.4.3, did it work for you before that? Does it work for you in Firefox, Chrome, Opera, Safari, or any other modern browser?

    Originally Posted by Andargor View Post (Source)
    Hey taleden,

    Do you keep any server-side data? It would be kinda cool to be able to see the top jump distance or DPS builds for each ship class. If you don't, then you could just store say only the top 50 for each class, saved when people make modifications.

    People could troll this of course, but that should be easy to spot.
    No, the site is intentionally designed to be entirely client-side to minimize hosting costs, so there is no server backend and I have no plan to add one. I may eventually add some notes about maximum theoretical cargo capacity, jump range, etc, but DPS probably wouldn't be included since that's a lot more complicated than the pure damage number would imply (i.e. the highest DPS loadout would probably always be entirely frag cannons, but you'd have to sit at point blank range and land every pellet to accomplish that so it's kind of meaningless for any real-world comparison).

  12. #777
    Originally Posted by taleden View Post (Source)
    I don't think anything changed with the module selectors in 2.4.3, did it work for you before that? Does it work for you in Firefox, Chrome, Opera, Safari, or any other modern browser?


    No, the site is intentionally designed to be entirely client-side to minimize hosting costs, so there is no server backend and I have no plan to add one. I may eventually add some notes about maximum theoretical cargo capacity, jump range, etc, but DPS probably wouldn't be included since that's a lot more complicated than the pure damage number would imply (i.e. the highest DPS loadout would probably always be entirely frag cannons, but you'd have to sit at point blank range and land every pellet to accomplish that so it's kind of meaningless for any real-world comparison).
    Hmmm, understood. I kinda figured. Perhaps Anthor can integrate than in the EDSM pilot profile, since he's doing a lot of social stuff, and leaderboards aren't too much of a stretch. Instead of a link to the build, perhaps the calculated values could be sent to EDSM using a special link or button (with the build link, of course), so no server-side stuff on your end, and avoids EDSM querying your site to get the calculations. Coriolis could do the same.

    Just thinking out loud, because there have been threads an such for comparing jump ranges and so on. The format could be an array displayed as a grid or graph, to address what you mention about ranges, or fuel for jumps. But that's UI stuff, as long as EDSM gets the data.

  13. #778
    Updated to 2.4.4 to add the new Shutdown Field Neutraliser unlocked today, as well as support for importing the Plasma Slug special effect. Also added the imported data dump to the warning popup when importing a loadout with unsupported modifications; now when this happens, you only have to send me the contents of that popup box and the corresponding screenshots of your module.

  14. #779
    Originally Posted by taleden View Post (Source)
    I don't think anything changed with the module selectors in 2.4.3, did it work for you before that? Does it work for you in Firefox, Chrome, Opera, Safari, or any other modern browser.
    Yes, until the latest updates it worked ok using IE11 with either WIN7 or WIN10. I did try Chrome & Edge and encountered no problems so will make the switch to those browsers.

  15. #780
    I think I'm doing something wrong.
    I've just come back to ED after an extended hiatus and jumped in the Shipyard and I can't seem to change any of the modules. The drop down lists work but when I select an option the drop down list closes but the module doesn't change. I'm guessing the problem is at my end but I don't know what it is. Any help would be appreciated. I'm also using Win 7 and IE11

    Originally Posted by TexasVet View Post (Source)
    Yes, until the latest updates it worked ok using IE11 with either WIN7 or WIN10. I did try Chrome & Edge and encountered no problems so will make the switch to those browsers.
    Yellow is impossible to read on a white background.

Page 52 of 53 FirstFirst ... 42484950515253 LastLast